“Meh .............” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Toronto
“Meh .............”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed for night while on business in the area; I can't comment on breakfast or the pool area as time didn't allow me to check them out.

The hotel is convienient to the highway and easy to find, despite what other posters have mentioned; you kind of have to pass through the parking lot of a gas station to access the hotel parking lot, but it is still very easy to find. There is plenty of parking, check-in was fast and the staff seems friendly.

I was "upgraded" to a suite, which really was nothing more than a larger room with a sofa. The room was spacious and relatively clean, but for some reason I was put into an "accesable room", which turned out to be good as I could hang towels on grab bars as the towel rack was broken.

Although television channels were plentiful, the tv may have been the smallest flat screen I have ever seen in a hotel. Beds were a bit soft and worn for my liking, but the entire property has a bit of a worn feeling. There was no closet in the room, so clothes had to be hung in a small armoire kind of thing, so pants couldn't be properly hung as it wasn't tall enough.

Lastly, several posters have commented about the close proximity of restaurants. If you are looking for something better than Wendy's or Taco Bell, you will be driving.

All in all, not a bad place, but I will try somewhere different if ever back in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ToSquareBob1
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is our goal to make every guest comfortable and accommodate their needs. We are sorry that there were certain aspects of your stay that didn't meet that goal. We hope that you will give us another chance to meet your expectations and go beyond, like giving you a list of the local sit down restaurants. There are 5 within 1/4 mile of the hotel or making sure you have a room with a closet instead of the armoire. Again we apologize and hope you will continue to use IHG properties for your lodging needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I brought my family with me on a business trip. I was thinking that this would be like all the other hotels that I go to. It was not, The front desk staff is so friendly and willing to help you at all times. Julie the General Manager, was out talking with us at breakfast. She knew so many of the people in the brearkfast area, as though they were all friends. She talked with my kids and talked to them about a number of things.( the pool and going swimming) I am sure that she has kids of her own. My room was very clean and the breakfast was wonderful. I would tell my coworker and family about staying at this hotel. It was Home away from Home.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is nice to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. To know that you would recommend us to your co workers and your family makes it even happier. It is through the loyalty of guests like you that we are able to learn and grow in order to make each stay a relaxing and comfortable one. Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
Sycamore, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

First time staying at HIE. Recommended by friends and was very pleased with accommodations. We were looking for a moderate type hotel and have no regrets.
The check in process was fast and efficient. Breakfast was fresh and food was keep warmish hot. The king suite consisted of micro and small refrig. plus coffee pot. We will probably stay again. The room was very clean and supplies replenish daily. We enjoyed our 3 day stay while touring Milwaukee. It is easy access to downtown.

Room Tip: Only 2 floors and we were on 2nd flr. Stay away from elevator. A little noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
We appreciate your review and your friends for recommending us to you. I am glad that we could make your stay with us enjoyable and relaxing. We strive to make our breakfast enjoyable and our rooms comfortable. We hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area and maybe bring some new friends with you.
Waukesha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I love to stay at this Holiday Inn. The Staff (Julie, Derwin and Don) are superb and so freindly. They are always willing to accomodate our needs. The rooms are well cleaned. The pool is great. I have recommended this hotel to other people.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kristie W
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
We enjoy the time we get to spend with you and all of the group. It brightens our day when we know you are coming in. Over the many years you have been coming to stay with us it is nice to have built a kinship with all of you. We appreciate the referrals you have given us and look forward to seeing you next time
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed at many Holiday Inns for many years. I have stayed at this particular one 3 times a year for over 8 years. I highly reccomend this hotel for anyone who is traveling in the area. the personal staff is fantastic and the service is remarkable. the rooms are incredibly clean. The express breakfast they have there is so convienent and very good! There is alot of shopping and resturant opportunites there very close. HIGHLY RECCOMMEND

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LRIEMS
Thank you for being such a loyal guest. It makes our job very rewarding when we have people that stay year after year, time and time again. We are always striving to give the best service and the cleanest, most comfortable rooms. It is nice that you get to enjoy the area and the amenities we have to offer. To know that you recommend us to others is greatly appreciated, as are you. We always look forward to seeing you.
Arpin, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I was asked by my company to come to the area. There were several hotels to choose from, boy did I make the right choice. There was a great pool for relaxing after work, the people, the rooms all top notch. Everyone was outgoing and helpful. Thank you for making, what I thought was going to be a chore, into a great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sandra H
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, it is the goal of our hotel and staff to make every guest feel relaxed, comfortable and valued. It gives us a great sense of accomplishment when people express how much they enjoyed their time with us. We look forward to having you visit us again whether on business or pleasure. I look forward to meeting you, so stop and say "hi" next time you are here, just ask for me.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The lobby and hallways are very nice. However, the carpet in my room was so dirty and smelled. When I went to sit on the bed it sunk. I'm not a heavy person so that was not the reason, it just had no support. Your gps won't find this hotel unless you pick circle and not Lane. The staff is friendly but the rooms need an update. Very convenient to restaurants.

I was supposed to stay there again next week but I cancelled. I just can't bring myself to stay there with the carpets in the room so dirty

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for your feed back about your stay, we do apologize for the problems you did encounter. As far as the GPS's, the addresses in the area can be a bit confusing for them, please feel free to call the hotel for directions. Our staff is always willing to help. We do rotate and update our beds on a regular basis, we apologize if you found yours to be uncomfortable. It is our hope that you will stay with us again. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences. If I can help you in any way, please feel free to give me a call!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown
BEST WESTERN Germantown Inn
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
#1 of 1 in Menomonee Falls
Super 8 Germantown / Milwaukee, WI
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place

Been to Holiday Inn Express Germantown? Share your experiences!