“"Yeah, sorry, that's our policy..."”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gun World Gander Mountain
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The first time I came to this store a loved it and I jumped at the chance to return with a friend on a day off. However, the second time, guaranteed I will never return to the establishment again. I fully understand that a business needs to show profit and gross margin. This is very different from being a filthy, greedy b@st@rd. Not only was I offered slightly more than HALF what I was offered in trade at 3 local firearm dealers, but was also informed that the new item I was interested in was only available at full retail with a $57.00 charge to get it to the store. This was because they only had a color I didn't want and the color I did want was at their distributor. How did the other 1,500+ firearms get here, they done seem to be marked $57.00 over retail..... Folks, I'm in customer service, and that's BAD customer service. All the manager had to say was "Yeah, sorry, that's our policy... bye now, have a nice day." Nothing like being shoed out of a store with a 98% condition popular trade and $1,200 in your pocket!

5  Thank NicholiGorbachov

Reviewed 14 December 2011

They advertise this specialty store to be the largest firearms store in WI and I'd have to agree. They have most every manufacturer including several I had not heard of before. My opinion is that their prices are fair, but not always they are not always the lowest cost dealer. For firearms enthusiasts, it is just a few miles from a large Cabela's so you can hit two stores in one drive.

4  Thank z0607