“How is this an attractio” 2 of 5 bubbles

Gun World Gander Mountain
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“How is this an attractio”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is a store, like the name says it sells guns and other shooting/hunting accessories. I have nothing against guns, but this is certainly not an area attraction.

Visited December 2013

Baltimore
221 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 330 helpful votes
“Fun, one-time experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I bought a LivingSocial deal for a full hand gun shooting experience. It was pretty cool.

Gander Mountain has super high tech shooting simulations and games. I got to practice via these simulations and then I was allowed to fire the real hand gun. The instructor was really helpful and accommodating.

However, frankly, I don't think I would have went to Gander Mountain without the LivingSocial deal. It's pretty expensive here.

Visited September 2012
Wisconsin,USA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great selection of guns.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

They had the largest selection of guns compared to three other stores I've visited in Wisconsin. The staff was very helpful. The only draw back was there prices were too high.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank goldandsilverrush
Saint Francis, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worst customer service, unpleasant atmostphere, not woman friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

Gun world does boast a huge selection of guns. However, my experience was so bad I literally walked out. First of all, they will not put guns on hold for women over the phone, which coming into the store is unsurprising. They do not sell women's shoes, and although the center of the store is full of clothes there was one rack, 80% empty, that said 'Women's Outerwear', and had three XL sized fleeces, apparently for women. The men working at the counter were rude and unfriendly, and unwilling to help me. I wanted a particular firearm, and was told they had one in stock. I live an hour away, and they would not put it on hold for me. However, when I got to the store and heard other sales reps interacting with the customers, they adamantly offered to put things on hold or to the side. The customer service reps act as if they are doing you a favor by being there, and you should just be so so thankful that they're even willing to help you. The people working at the front desk act like you're a criminal for buying a gun (I am a cute 20 something woman by the way, I don't look like a criminal, and don't like to be treated as one). I was told the only gun they had in stock was the display gun which is fine. However, it was advertised in the flyer as being on sale, and the sale price wasn't on the gun. The sales rep assured me that the gun would not be on sale. However, when he finally looked it up, after I had showed him the ad several times, he said it would in fact be on sale. He went to get the box to put the gun in it so I could purchase it, and when he came back he asked me if I wanted a case for it. I said no and thought nothing of it, because this type of gun always comes with a case. Little did I know that the display model apparently doesn't come with the case or the accessories, they must have gotten lost in the back of the store. I decided not to purchase the gun. However, not until I went through the check out process. Usually gun shops have you fill out the paperwork at the counter, not here. They bring the gun up to the front desk after you have found any additional accessories you want (ammo, magazines, etc.) And THEN give you one of those vibrating things like you get when you're waiting at a restaurant. There are about 4 stations to fill out the paperwork at the checkout counter, so expect to wait a LONG time while each customer looks at their gun and plays with it and 50 employees run around the store joking around with each other. I waited for 40 minutes until I left, and I was only fourth in line. Overall it was a horrible experience. They don't even have good prices, so I really would not recommend it unless you like to be treated like dirt.

Visited December 2012
6 Thank Arielle W
Milwaukee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“"Yeah, sorry, that's our policy..."”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

The first time I came to this store a loved it and I jumped at the chance to return with a friend on a day off. However, the second time, guaranteed I will never return to the establishment again. I fully understand that a business needs to show profit and gross margin. This is very different from being a filthy, greedy b@st@rd. Not only was I offered slightly more than HALF what I was offered in trade at 3 local firearm dealers, but was also informed that the new item I was interested in was only available at full retail with a $57.00 charge to get it to the store. This was because they only had a color I didn't want and the color I did want was at their distributor. How did the other 1,500+ firearms get here, they done seem to be marked $57.00 over retail..... Folks, I'm in customer service, and that's BAD customer service. All the manager had to say was "Yeah, sorry, that's our policy... bye now, have a nice day." Nothing like being shoed out of a store with a 98% condition popular trade and $1,200 in your pocket!

Visited April 2012