“Clean Hotel, Friendly Staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Clean Hotel, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We were at this hotel for one night only (for an out-of-town wedding). Upon arrival, we asked for early check inn, which was done without hesitation. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the free breakfast was excellent. The breakfast attendant Mary kept everything filled (and it was a busy place) and was smiling the entire time. We didn't get a chance to use the pool or fitness facilities, so I can't speak to those. But for what we needed, this was a perfect choice. I would recommend Country Inn & Suites in Germantown, WI to anyone who is traveling in that area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
ryanrahl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Panda1214,

First of all let me thank you for giving us such courteous remarks regarding your recent stay with us. We always do our best to accommodate early check in's with wedding parties. I'm happy we were able to honor this request for you. I will pass on your satisfaction with Mary in our breakfast area. She does a great job and will be happy to hear your positive comments.

We hope to see you again in the future and maybe then, you can find time to enjoy our pool and whirlpool.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lexington
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Stayed here to visit family in the area. The hotel is not only very well maintained, but the staff (especially Patricia at the front desk) is sincerely nice and very gracious, that they made the stay noteworthy. Accommodation requests to keep family rooms close together were respected and implemented without any additional prompting. Assistance needed at breakfast is given without having to ask (like trying to figure out which way to turn the waffle machine -- duly noticed and done for me before I had to ask). The hotel has a pool (keeps younger ones happy), a lovely fireplace and seating area when you enter (great for late evening family discussions) and when the weather is nice, a small outdoor patio in back as well as a large front porch with swings. It is always a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
ChristiLexington,

Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your visit with us. I will pass on your delightful comments to Patricia (at our Front Desk). She is a great asset and is truly passionate about providing excellent service. We hope to see you again in the near future and feel free to contact me personally for your reservations.

Regards,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We stayed here for a week & loved it. Really nice hotel with super friendly staff. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! Really nice hot breakfast in the morning with fresh fruit & all kinds of other choices. Just my husband & I were there this time, but it would be a great hotel to bring kids to also. It had a nice pool & hot tub.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear JessPem,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and hopefully next time you can bring the kids. I'm sure they would love to spend a few days in our pool and hot tub.

We hope to see you again in the future.
IOwa
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We came in this weekend for a family reunion. Hotel was able to give us close rooms even though not connecting like we asked. Worked out well because the king room we did get was spacious and perfect for our needs. The room was extremely clean and well taken care to make sure it was perfect when we arrived. Front desk staff was polite and extremely assisting and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful, lots of options for picky tastes. Well ran and well stocked. Pool was a great size, though a little over chlorinated was understandable because of the Amount of people in the pool. Large group sat up talking in the lobby late and the front desk just smiled and took it in stride, kind good tempered people.
My only complaint was the rock hard beds. My back was killing me all three days I got up. Felt like I was sleeping on the floor ouch!!!
Overall, great hotel with kind service!!

• Stayed August 2012
ryanrahl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Greetings Dremnstar,

Thank you for giving us such great ratings in your review. I'm happy you were satisfied with the level of service and cleanliness that we provided. We strive to deliver this level of service to every customer and it's so nice to hear when an individual felt strong enough to leave a positive review.

We do have new Serta Elite mattress' and they are still rather firm. To find a happy medium, we recently purchased pacific coast hypoallergenic toppers for all beds. I will check and ensure that is in place in the room in which you stayed.

If you come back to Germantown, please contact me personally for accommodations. I'd be happy to assist you.

Thanks again!
Minneapolis
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This hotel has very small exercise room with out dated equipment. The treadmill belt was slipping. Front desk staff (short staffed) doing multiple tasks, so often no one there. The room I stayed in #114, had a couch facing a blank wall, the TV did not turn, and the only way to watch TV was by sitting on the bed, no phone on the small work desk. The free breakfast did not offer any yogurt. Sprint Cell reception in Germantown very weak, so could not use my phone there. Incorrect label information on room phone concerning dialing within Wisconsin (new front desk person did not know that). It is summer, almost 100 degrees yet they had heavy comforter on bed.

Room Tip: Don't get the wierd shaped rooms like 114. Make sure you can see the TV withiut...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank feldafing
ryanrahl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Greetings Feldafing,

First of all thank you for your comments relating to your visit with us. I truly appreciate you providing me with details regarding your stay with areas of opportunity or where we fell short of expectations. We rely on assessments like yours to allow us to properly plan and aid in improving our services and facilities. We strive to provide a comfortable and satisfying home away from home for all types of travelers from leisure to business.

I want you to know that I will be looking into some of the issues you had right away. A properly functioning exercise room is popularly demanded and expected. The room you stayed in is a very popular room due to it's square footage, but it does have an angled wall creating a unique spot for the bed. We only have a few of these rooms on property and I hope that if you give us another opportunity when visiting again, we can put you in another room. Also, I will check with our breakfast host to see what happened that day with the yogurt. We serve a full yogurt parfait with several toppings every day. I don't know what could have happened during your visit, but I do apologize for falling short in our breakfast. We strive to offer the BEST complimentary breakfast of any hotel and this should be an area we exceed everyone's expectation.

Again, thank you for the remarks and I will personally mail you a gift certificate to stay with us again when you visit Germantown. I'm confident we will give you a positive experience and hopefully regain your trust.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Rahl
Gratz, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2012

It was the cleanest hotel I was ever at. We called ahead for a roll-away bed and it was ready when we arrived. Very friendly hotel staff willing to help us in any way we needed. Very comfortable beds. And did I mention very, very clean, this is so important to me when I travel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
ryanrahl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Julia,

I'm happy you enjoyed your visit to Country Inn & Suites, Germantown. Cleanliness is our top priority and our team is driven to ensure nothing prevents us from giving our guests that comfortable experience when they are away from home. We are happy you recognized this and I will be sure to share your comments with our hard working staff.

We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Germantown.
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Not too much to say other than I was really pleased with my stay here at this hotel. The staff was very courteous and the hotel itself was very clean. The hotel does not seem very old, the rooms while modern, made you feel like you were at home, or at a relatives house.The rooms were clean, and furnature was comfortable. The room was equiped with a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. I had traveled in from Minneapolis from another Carlson hotel which was a Raddison. I have to admit that this hotel was a lot nicer, and more modern than the Raddison I had stayed in the night before. I dont believe I will be making any trips back to Germantown any time soon, but If I do I would deffinately stay here again.

Room Tip: I have always reccomended to people that they should try to stay in rooms off of the first floor as...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
ryanrahl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you for taking time to notify others about your satisfaction with our hotel. Word of mouth is our best asset and we hope you can make it to Germantown again for another visit in the future!

Regards,

Ryan Rahl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Best Western Germantown Inn
Super 8 Germantown / Milwaukee, WI
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
#1 of 2 in Menomonee Falls
Holiday Inn Express Germantown
Home2 Suites by Hilton Menomonee Falls Milwaukee
Home2 Suites by Hilton Menomonee...
#2 of 2 in Menomonee Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Jackson

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown? Share your experiences!