“Super clean, great staff, nice hot tub, good breakfast”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Woodstock GA
“Super clean, great staff, nice hot tub, good breakfast”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I just checked out after a week here on business. It was a great experience. I normally buy some grocery food and eat dinner in my room while working and this worked out great. I even borrowed dinnerware from the breakfast facility to improve the process.

I'll definitely stay here next time in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The Country inn and Suites in Germantown is a clean and quiet hotel. Germantown is quite a distance from Milwaukee and certainly feels more rural than suburban. For a price less than $100, you can get a nice sized room with a continental breakfast included, which met my expectations. My disappointment was that I booked the hotel on a third party site and was not granted the room preferences I signed up for. This is certainly in the "fine print", but it was the first time I encountered this and just wanted to make others aware. I would stay here again, but would choose to book through the company site if the price was competitive.

Kinderhook, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The Germantown,WI Country Inn &Suites is much more that just a place to stay. We use the hotel a couple of times each year when visiting our son and his family. What makes this hotel great is the entire staff. Unfortunately our son has major medical issues and we usually arrive at the hotel with many issues on our mind. Roberto and the rest of the staff always greet us with a warm welcome. They also take the time to fuss over our grandchildren when they walk in the door. In other words, they treat us as family and not just as customers. They truly define world class customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We have stayed here before and as always the room was clean, quiet and just what we needed. Had car troubles and needed a jump start and the morning staff member was kind enough to help us out. Will be back this summer and will stay here again.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Needed to stay in the area for work and arrived late at night. The gal at the front desk was very kind and placed me in a room right away. When I arrived to my room, I didn't necessarily care for the location and called the desk. I was immediately moved to a new room that suited me better. No questions asked. Comfy and Clean - the only reason I didn't rate it excellent, is the decor is a little dated... but that stuff doesn't matter to me when traveling for work. Very clean, nice staff and close to the Hwy.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We reserved our room online and included a few special requests which were accommodated with wonderful service from the hotel staff. The front desk representatives were always welcoming with a smile, the daytime female staff member even went out of her way to give my daughter some free goodies. Our room was very comfortable with the updated carpeting, bedding and amenities. The room was clean, but we did find some hidden items left over from previous guests between the bed and the wall and under the bed skirt. The bathroom mirror and door were a little dirty too and the shower curtain was stained orange on the bottom, but much cleaner than the Holiday Inn & Suites located in the same area. The breakfast was wonderful and the attendant ensured the items remained well stocked, could have smiled a bit or even greeted guests, but at least the area was clean and taken care of. The pool area was very clean as well, but the water in both the hot tub and pool were quite cool. The maintenance man explained that he had been working on the heater of the hot tub and advised the water would warm up, but even on our second day it was only warm as bathwater. Nonetheless it was still a very enjoyable stay and we will definitely be back when we come to the area!

Room Tip: The even room numbers have a wonderful view of the wooded field on the backside of the hotel. If you...