“Nice Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
N. MN
“Nice Stay!”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Had a nice three night stay. Great breakfast buffet which includes hot items (eggs, sausage, potatoes, etc.) Staff extra effort is noticeable. Booked through Priceline and had a great rate but still treated like this did not matter. Was upgraded to a king bed suite when checking in because had to wait a couple of minutes while the front desk agent was booking another person on the phone. The only minor issue was the air conditioning was not working in the workout room but this was not a big inconvenience for me. Beds are nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed here while passing through. I was so pleasantly surprised by the charm and value of this property that I wished I could have stayed several nights. Thi property has a wonderful breakfast and a beautiful porch for outdoor dining.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've stayed at many country inn & suites and I LOVE this chain, but this location was terrible! The carpet in my room had several noticable stains. The toilet was constantly running. The breakfast selection was pathetic. The room SMELLED LIKE DOG. I'm thankful that I didn't have a black light with me because who knows what that would have revealed.

To top it off, I absolutely hate when a customer service rep (in this case the front desk employee) hates their job and you can tell. When you walk in and they act like it's some sort of a CHORE for them to get up off their rump and check you in. I'm sorry that I forced you to DO YOUR JOB!

When I checked out, the employee was very kind, upbeat, and great. So when she asked how my stay was, I explained in a very calm manner my dissatisfaction. She said she would get the hotel manager. Oh man, was he a piece of work. But a hotel in that condition, it should have come as no surprise to me that the manager was not apologetic and made excuse after excuse. Finally, he promised to 'see what he could do' about making up for my terrible experience (even though I never asked for anything more than some empathy which he never gave). WEEKS have gone by. I have left the manager one message per week and he has never replied. What a piece of work.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS LOCATION. PLEASE DO STAY AT OTHER COUNTY INN & SUITES, BUT NOT THIS ONE. You'll thank yourself for taking this advice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Doc A
ryanrahl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Hello,

I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your visit to our property.

We expect all of our Service Employees to take pride in their work and it's dis-heartening that you didn't receive excellent service during your visit.

I can assure you that this is the first time I've heard anything related to your concerns and I apologize if the Manager on duty who assisted you fell short in Empathizing with your situation as this is the first step in aiding a customer with a complaint. I hope that you reach out to me personally to better assist you and therefore allow me to determine certain aspects of your stay that I'm currently unable to reflect on without more information. I assure you that we will make this right for you and hopefully regain your trust as a preferred home away from home when your travels bring you back to our area. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and obviously we fell short in delivering a clean, comfortable, and service friendly environment.

Please contact me personally at 262-251-7700 ext. 300.

Ryan Rahl
midwest
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This was our second stay at this cozy Country Inn & Suites. Friendly staff, nicely decorated, and a nice, clean pool. The back side of the hotel faces a nice, woodsy setting. Our son loved the tasty cookies offered in the lobby. Breakfasts were tasty also. This place is a little gem in our book.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side of the hotel .
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Itasca, Illinois
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Very clean, friendly, and great value for the money. You will not be disappointed. We stayed here while attending a local wedding and very impressed! I've stayed at numerous Country Inn & Suites and this one tops. Book a night here - will be happy you did. And right off the expressway for easy access to other Wisconsin visits like Holy Hill, etc.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Often while traveling you get stuck right next to the expressway and the road noise can drive you to distraction. This hotel was a pleasant exception to that rule. Still located with easy on/off access to the expressway the property was far enough away and tucked into a wooded area that you could not hear road noise at all.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and there was a bit of noise from guests above us walking at night. I wo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

We have been staying at the inn for years, always clean, people very friendly. The breakfast buffet offers a lot of variety, pool area is clean. The beds are comfortable and the staff is accessible to answer questions. Overall a great value.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
BEST WESTERN Germantown Inn
Holiday Inn Express Germantown
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
#1 of 2 in Menomonee Falls
Super 8 Germantown / Milwaukee, WI
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Hampton Inn & Suites West Bend

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown? Share your experiences!