“More bar than restaurant”
Review of Barley Pop Pub

Barley Pop Pub
Ranked #27 of 40 Restaurants in Germantown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“More bar than restaurant”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

They have a big restaurant side, but this is still a bar first. They have a full menu with bar food and fast casual style menu. New ownership took over about two years ago and really cleaned the place up quite a bit, which was long overdo. Prices are very reasonable and they often bring in small events karaokee or live music which can make for a fun evening out. I've been here several times with my wife and/or friends. The atmosphere isn't really mine so I don't happen in here as often as I did in my younger years.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Chuck F

Richfield, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We went with the family on a week night so we wouldn't have to cook. It was laid back, relaxing, and pleasant. The food with the new menu was above average for a corner pub. Kids ate, good beer selection, nice people.

We'll be back. Glad the new owners of two years are sticking it out.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Bob D
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Another New Menu”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Happened into the Barley Pop again - found out the owners of two years have released yet another new menu. I was delighted to see my favorite sandwich "the Tijuana Cheese Steak" is now a pizza - I didn't order it this time but I will. Today, seeing the new wraps and salad section I had a stuffed tomato with chicken salad and cucumber, and my spouse had a Chicken Garlic Pizza that was to die for. The menu seems to have gotten simpler but each item seems to have more flare.... They seem to be making their items now instead of doing hat every other pub does....... KUDOS Barley Pop. we will be back.....

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Daniel W
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Outstanding experience!”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We went in on July 4th after watching the parade and it was packed! The service was great, everyone was eating and drinking and having a good time. In the parade I got a buy one get one drink coupon and it was happy hour so I got 2 miller lites for $3! I found out they have happy hour every day from 2-6 which is half price domestic and rail and $4 apps! They were serving an express menu which is every day from 11-2 for $5.99 for full sandwiches and sides! It was just an incredible experience over all.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Diana53022
West Bend, WI
“Bad, bad experience.”
Reviewed 3 April 2010

It takes a lot for me to go on the internet and actually spend time writing a review on a restaurant.

I took my fiance there for her birthday last night. I ordered a beer on tap, a Belian white. The beer arrived at our table in a small glass, not even a pint worth. The beer was warm and the glass was not filled with at least an inch of space to the top. This cost me $5.75. Now I've been to Irish pub-like taverns all over the state. $5.75 for 10 oz of warm beer? Ridiculous.

Then to the food.

For an appetizer we ordered the Chicken Fritters. for 7 dollars you get four smaller pieces and a tiny cup of BBq sauce. Off to a bad start already. Practically every food-serving tavern has a appetizer like this whether it's tenders, fritters or whatever. The portion size was of the smallest I have ever seen for the cost.

She ordered the 8.95 fish fry and when it hit the table I actually laughed out loud. The portion of fish was the size of a pack of cigarettes. The amount of fries was also small. The tiny plastic cup that held the coleslaw was half full with part of it hanging off the side like it was thrown together.

I ordered the "Supreme" Nachos. When it first hit the table, I have to admit I was impressed by the size of the thing. But after closer inspection, I realized that it was practically all tortilla chips and the very little meat that was there was completely dried out, obviously days and days old.

The bill for a small amount of warm beer, not filled, a small portion of fish, and a cup of dried out meat on tortilla chips was 35.00.

I felt completely ripped off. However, not wanting to ruin her birthday I just played along, tipped well and left. Today though I'm still angry and have half a mind to call the management. It's pretty obvious that this place is in decline from what I have read and they are trying to squeeze every penny out of their product, including laughably small portions that are already overpriced. compared to the competition nearby, this place is downright dreadful.

Do not go here.