“Horrible experience...will not return!”
Review of Barley Pop Pub

Barley Pop Pub
Ranked #25 of 41 Restaurants in Germantown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I guess I can't judge the food because it never arrived at our table. We arrived at 5:20 on a Friday night hoping to have their famous fish fry. Our waitress took 10-15 minutes to greet us. Our order was eventually taken and our drinks arrived about 10 minutes later. Unfortunately, that was the last time we saw our waitress. We sat for another 45 minutes waiting for our waitress to offer us drink refills and for our food to arrive...neither happened. At one point we looked around and there wasn't anyone eating. Maybe a mishap in the kitchen? Who knows? We were never offered an explanation. An hour and 10 minutes into our experience we decided we had enough, left some money to cover the drinks and left. They advertise that they have an award wining fish fry...it would have been nice to try it. Perhaps they need to work on their service.

There are newer reviews for Barley Pop Pub

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Went here for the fish fry, I would not go back. The bar was pretty crowded when we got there and kind of noisy, so I was glad that we made reservations for the dining room. That was my first mistake. I think there was a private party that we were not invited to. Most of the people were standing around talking, very few eating. The noise was incredible. It was the quieter in the bar. The waitress had a hard time finding us after we were seated.
The appetizers were all fried and they arrived cold. The fried cod tasted good but it was also cold. Not really sure how they could serve such cold food that was still crispy. My wife had the broiled cod, and she said it was also cold, my sister-in-law also ordered the broiled cod and it was raw in the center.
We left without dessert, our voices were gone from trying to shout over all of the noise in the dining room. They should have moved the birthday party into the bar. They were not eating, and as they drank more they just got louder.
We would have complained but the waitress just kind of blew past out table with the bill, and we never saw her again.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had a good fish fry...coleslaw was excellent as was the substitute vegetable I ordered in place of French fries. Fish was also very tasty.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have to say that since the new owners have taken over it is overall a lot better place to eat at. They have a good menu however we always seem to get bad service. The food is average, but the fish fry is good. May be awile that we return to eat here.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We have given this place two chances and won't be going for #3. Both times the service on weekend evenings was very slow. The bartenders are more concerned with talking to their young friends at the bar than serving drinks and making money. Drink prices are not cheap for what you get.
The food service was worse. The last time we were there we waited 35 minutes for food ordered after 9:00PM with few other orders from other customers. One order came out cold. The management was notified and did nothing but offer to take 50% off one order,even though it was not edible.
Skip this place and go down the street for better service and food.

1  Thank Rod M