“Busy but good food”

Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Germantown
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Busy but good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Went here yesterday with friends. We had a party of 8. They called our name to be seated 45 minutes after arriving. But wait.... Never mind we meant to call the party of nine, not you... So back to waiting. Thankfully we had nice company and kept ourselves occupied. Once sat, our waitress was pleasant and patient as we had four boys ages 9 and below. Food was good as well. Spicy grilled catfish was excellent. Food arrived at the table quickly for how busy it was. We would go back.

Visited March 2014

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Why haven't we been here before?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We have driven by this location hundreds of times, but did not stop until today. Boy, have we been missing out! The gift shop area was a delight with reasonable prices and plenty of employee available to assist with questions. We waited barely 10 minutes on a busy Friday night. Our server Jenny was wonderful and very patient with our first time visit.

The kids meals offered great variety for under $5. One child had blackberry pancakes and ate every last bite. One child had fried shrimp with macaroni and cheese and again nothing remained. The adults had trout and catfish. Each came with your choice of the sides. The dumplings, grits, and coleslaw were out of this world!

For dessert, we shared a coca cola chocolate cake and cherry cobbler. Yum!

Our total bill was less than $45! What a deal! The manager came to visit and asked the kids about their meal. Very impressed with the entire staff. We will be back!

Waukesha, Wi
“They are willing to make you happy......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Today, we visited Cracker Barrel for lunch. The parking lot was full and I was afraid that we would have to wait. A pleasant surprise - no waiting required. I was with an elderly client and requested a seat that did not have alot of activity. I was quickly accommodated and the waiter could not have been better. I stated that my client did not eat very much and he suggested the child menu (stating that anyone could order from it) I had other simple requests and he was very quick at making those requests happen as well. The food was served quickly and was quite good. I ordered a reuben sandwich with a baked sweet potato. My friend had chicken strips and wedge fries. The quality for the price was more than fair. I would recommend Cracker Barrel.

• Visited October 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“The same as it ever was”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Only one Cracker Barrel trip this time and it was Germantown. It was quiet and so service was good. Food was as I expected and good as always. However after eating at a Perkins, I felt a little disappointed as Cracker Barrel always skimp on their meat. Sugar cured ham is a pretty small slice in comparison. But I love the atmosphere, which is even better in the winter with the fire lit and Christmas in the air.

• Visited June 2013
sitko
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, attentive service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

About 1 pm on Memorial Day, I visited this Cracker Barrel. I only waited about 15020 minutes and relaxed walking around the gift shop -- interesting items! I will make that a stop on other visits to Milwaukee!!

• Visited May 2013