“Dinner for 10”

Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Germantown
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited at dinner time and we were seated as soon as a table was cleaned off. Because of our large group, we had two servers. Which worked out great. Both severs were friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The food was great and everyone enjoyed it. If ever in area, we will go back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had to wait 45 minutes to get seated and this was 4:00PM. They were not busy. People kept coming in yet no one was being seated. Had to complain twice about the wait time with no reason given for the delay. Finally asked to see a manager and that got us a table right away. This is not the first time this has happened at this restaurant. Once we were seated we had very good service and the food was very good.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I had an unpleasant visit with this Cracker Barrel. Usually I have nice meals here at this location but not only did the waitress Lynn seem rude, but did not tell me that the Colby shredded cheese was extra. It was for broccoli and cost me $1.29. For only a little bit more I could get a whole bag of that cheese at Woodmans grocery store. I tried asking the manager to take it off but she said she could not do that. I left it at that and just paid the bill.

I know this isn't a 5 star restaurant but they certainly could improve on informing customers that when they ask for things like that, it will be extra and how much extra it will cost. People like Lynn shouldn't even be working here. I did not tip her at all as a result. The food was perfect however, but the service was a total letdown!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

The table was not properly wiped down before we were seated. Our server didn't even take note of this and we had to ask for it to be properly wiped down. Our order was incorrect, receiving a less extensive breakfast option but properly stated on the bill. One of the three pancakes was burnt on the underside. We saw our server about three times, at order, when our food arrived and for the bill. Normally we receive excellent service and food quality at Cracker Barrel. This was disappointing.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Store Location - Germantown, Wisconsin

So, normally I don't write complaints, but the service I received the last time I went there was so absolutely bad, I felt I had to get this off my chest.

Coming into the restaurant 2 hostess members were involved in a private conversation as we walked up to the entryway. They BOTH completely ignored us & continued to argue about what appeared to be their work schedules. We stood there waiting to be seated for at LEAST a couple of minutes while these two young workers continued to talk to themselves. I want to stress that they didn't seem to care we were standing there and didn't acknowledged or even try to greet us in any way. Finally my girlfriend said, "can we be seated". That got at least an acknowledgement we were actually standing there. However, it didn't really amount to much because just then the actual MANAGER of the store happened to walk past & the two young greeters started to talk to him about their work schedules. Once again, my girlfriend asked "can we be seated?" while the manager was there. Nothing. What REALLY annoys me is that the manager ALSO didn't acknowledge us or really intercede to have us seated. He just answered their question & walked away. Unbelievably, after the manager left, one of the greeters started a new conversation with a friend seated at a nearby table. Like I said - UNBELIEVABLE. Finally, we just gave up and started to walk out. Then, on the way out of the restaurant, we overheard one of the two greeters say "what's their problem?". Seriously?

Is this the type of service Cracker Barrel wants to provide? I can only surmise that the customers aren’t really that important to them or they would put more effort into training their wait staff. Luckily, there are always other restaurants in my area ready and willing to accept my money and provide at least the minimal amount of service needed to not make me feel like I’m a bother or irritation to them when I show up.

============================

They should fire that manager. Seriously. Kids are stupid and those two certainly fit that description. But the manager is responsible for how that place is run and he hired those two and then he pretty much indicated he did care at all. That is what aggravated me enough to write this review.

============================

Finally, I took the time to write the company an email describing the above visit. Two weeks.... NOTHING. That pretty much says it all about Cracker Barrel, doesn't it?