“Great Chinese food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Great Chinese food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We have been ordering take out from Hung Hoa for 10 years and we have never been disappointed. The food is always hot and after trying a couple of other places in the area we will never order any other Chinese take out other than Hung Hoa. The Kung Pow beef is outstanding and their the sweet and sour chicken is also outstanding.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mattiscool

Illinois
“Better than average Chinese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

On a cold January night I stopped in here, while in town for an early meeting the next morning. What I nice surprise. The menu seemed like it had more "real" variety (not just 10 items with 3 different meat and 20 sauces), and the food was of better quality, more like what I'm used to at a Thai restaurant. I thought the prices were very reasonable, especially for such good food.

• Visited January 2013
Richfield, Wisconsin
“Better Than Your Average Chinese Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Hung Hao many times over the past eight years. We've always chosen this restaurant when we wanted something a bit more "upscale" than some of the other local Chinese restaurants/buffets. Hung Hao features excellent service and an authentic Asian waitstaff (so much so, that one really needs to listen closely to greetings, questions, etc.).

My husband started off with the hot & sour soup. He said it was excellent. I ordered the house vegetable egg roll. What's unique about this egg roll is that it doesn't have the traditional won ton wrapper. It has a unique coating, that suggests there may be a won ton wrapper dipped in something. The veggies inside were moist and fresh. It was accompanied by the usual hot mustard and sweet and sour sauces. My husband enjoyed the Black Pepper Chicken. He said it was tender and the veggies were crisp. He would have liked it a bit "hotter & spicier" than it came, although it was labeled with a spicy pepper symbol.. I nabbed one of his onions, and it was very flavorful. I had the Shrimp Egg Foo Young. This was the first time I was less than satisfied with a Hung Hao entree. My egg foo young was a bit too crispy around the edges, slightly scorched in some areas, and rather than the large shrimp I had come to expect, what I found were the small shrimp one would expect to find in the canned variety. The entree was covered in the usual brown gravy. I normally don't eat a lot of the gravy, but in this case, I was glad I had it. Also, because it was overdone, it was difficult to cut. A steak knife would have helped.

Will we return? Of course! I'll move onto my usual Cashew Shrimp or Sweet & Sour Shrimp, both of which have been excellent in the past.

• Visited January 2013
Grand Rapids
“Good, but not so great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

I agree that the food was good, the service was good, but in my experience, it's not great. I had a light dish, Sashimi. My co-workers had larger dishes, rolls and platters of assorted sushi. They too felt it was good food, but not great. To be fair, others have recommended and raved about this restaurant. And I would return. (I'm an out of towner). Perhaps it's just the type of dish I ordered, sashimi is a hard thing to judge and to use as a judgement on the whole menu.

I'd definitely suggest diners try this restaurant based on the recommendations I had. But I'm just saying - good, not great.

• Visited November 2012
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“BEST Chinese around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We've eaten there about 10 times in the past 2 years and are never disappointed. The food is fresh, the place is clean. If you take into consideration that the amount of food you will take home is enough for AT LEAST another meal, it's a great value. Lisa is our favorite waitress and she'll bend over backwards to accommodate you. LOVE IT!

• Visited July 2012