“Great place to stay!”

Suites at Northshore
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I recently spent two weeks at this hotel. It's conveniently located and close to shopping and restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast in the morning was very good. ( scrambled eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, etc.) Four nights a week they offer a simple dinner as well. The room was nice enough. King bed, full kitchen with stainless steel appliances. If you looked closely, the wallpaper was bubbled, linoleum cracked, etc. it wouldn't take much to make this into a really nice hotel. I recommend a second story room to ensure you don't have noisy neighbors above you. Also, request a room away from the interstate (which I had) to lessen noise.

Overall this was a nice place to stay for an extended period of time.

• Stayed: January 2013
Casey M, Manager at Suites at Northshore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Thank you very much for your comments and review of our hotel! We hope to see you again in the future. -AGM Casey M

There are newer reviews for Suites at Northshore

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I flew into Milwaukee on unfortunate business - funeral for a loved one. As the other reviewers have already indicated, the staff at Residence Inn Glendale are terrific and do all the little things to make my stay as uncomplicated as possible.

I have to give kudos to Brandon at the front desk. He was outstanding during check-in. Once I checked into my room, he helped me with a number of things that took my overall rating of the property down to 4 stars - the pillows appeared to have not been changed from the previous guest. Brandon brought over fresh pillows with no problem. Internet connectivity for me via the wireless service was spotty at best. Brandon connected me with the ISP provider, who helped work the kinks out. Brandon also brought over some logs to light up -- the fire was very nice. He made sure the fireplace flue was open [and got soot all over his hands in the process].

I also have to give kudos to Annette. I did not sleep too well the first night. I was originally put into Suite 114 - nice location, but it sounded like the folks upstairs had elephants walking around. Annette and the other person at the desk (sorry - didn't catch her name) moved me right away to Suite 122 - a two story penthouse loft. Very nice.

Every staff member I encountered was extremely nice and accommodating, from the front desk staff to Jacques and Miss Cathy on the breakfast buffet, to the cleaning staff. They made my trip very nice, despite the circumstances.

I highly recommend the Residence Inn Milwaukee Glendale to travelers of all types - from business, couples, family, or solo.

Room Tip: I would request the highest level room available - the first floor room 114 allowed me to hear every...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank HuntingtownTraveler

Thank you for taking time to fill out a response on Tripadvisor. It is always great to hear great comments about our staff. We look forward to the next time you stay with us. -Casey, AGM

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We had a medical scare while staying at this hotel, and the staff took great care of us. When we called 911 at 5:30 AM, the receptionist noticed and called us right back, and came by the room to sit with my mom while I got dressed and the EMTs came. The next day, she showed up with a get-well card! Other staff helped us move a TV into my mom's room for her to watch while she recovered, and everyone seemed to be looking out for us.

Even for those not having an emergency, the rooms are very nice. We had a suite, with a bedroom, livingroom, loft, kitchen and two baths. Also a fireplace. The decor is tasteful. The breakfast (included) was excellent, with several hot selections. The staff in general was very friendly. It is indeed a motel, and if this is not what you want then surely go elsewhere. But it is a very nice motel with a great staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ProfSpice
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We spent two nights at this property as we had come to MKE for a wedding. It was one of two choices the B&G had laid on with group rates. Had never stayed at a Residence Inn previously, but we very much enjoyed the suite with all of its amenities. We had only one issue and that was the burnt out light illuminating the entrance to the property that caused us to miss the place in the dark on arrival. Once we got into the property (after another detour on I-43) all went very well. We enjoyed the fireplace and the kitchen. Very competent staff for all but getting the light fixed. It was still out when we left two days later. Breakfast was adequate both mornings. Would stay there again if ever the occasion arises.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have only stairs, no elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The staff was not only friendly, but they were responsive and competent. I had one issue with the TV, and they immediately showed up and fixed it. The property is the older layout, which looks like a two story apartment complex so, if you are not properly prepared for Wisconsin weather, it will catch you by surprise. The fitness room is small, but the machines are newer (with the individual TVs on each machine) and there are weights - a full set - for resistance training. The kitchen was well maintained and extremely clean. The provisions we are used to at long term hotels like paper towels, dish washing liquid and powder for the dishwasher, coffee, tea, etc. were in the room and well stocked. The living area and bed were comfortable, clean and well kept. There were very few, if any signs of overuse or no upkeep. This place is everything a Marriott property should be....and more!

Room Tip: Dont worry if your room faces Port Washington Rd. The traffic settles down by early evening.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The staff was super-friendly, but the property itself is very outdated and run-down. There were loose tiles in the bathroom, furniture was worn, and the outdoor entrances to the suites was a shock considering that it gets awful cold in Milwaukee. I froze going to get a cup of coffee from the breakfast area in the morning. I'm generally a big fan of Residence Inn properties, but this one is in desperate need of an update.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Wow,what an incredible disappointment. Looking at previous reviews, my travel agent and I both thought this looked like it would be a nice property for a one-night stay -- were we wrong. I don't know if some rooms have been remodeled, but with the exception of the hi-def TV, my room looked like it had not been updated since, well, ever. In addition, the building and room number were poorly identified and made little sense, causing me to stumble around in the rain with a suitcase and laptop bag, the door didn't close securely, and my room faced out to a rather busy street. If I had to say something nice about this property I'd say that the rooms are spacious and that, as usual, the staff was extremely friendly. However, in summary, I will not stay at this property again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Bayshore Area
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer

Been to Suites at Northshore? Share your experiences!