La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Bayshore Area
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Milwaukee, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I was only there for one night, but it was a very nice stay. Comfortable bed, grateful for the microwave and refrigerator in the room as well. My wife really liked the pillows and décor. This was our first "get-a-way" and it was really enjoyable. We would consider this our first choice for our next one.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Too many rules to have a fun time. Wristbands required to be in the pool whether you are swimming or not. If they are lost or misplaced, they will not be replaced. Even if the housekeeping staff threw them out. Pool AND lobby are closed to guests at 9pm. Our team was having pizza and ice cream in the lobby and we were made to leave at 9pm even thought we were not loud and there were not complaints. When we questioned the front desk about this we were told, "if you don't like it, go somewhere else." Rude front desk/security people. Kids yelled at for wearing their swimsuits in the hall. Were made to go back to rooms to put on shirts, pants and shoes to be in the hallway. No pool towels. Apparently this hotel has issues with local having underage parties and more guests in the room than are registered. Breakfast not available until 7am. The only hot food is waffles. Not a great assortment of food compared to other hotels. Stay Somewhere Else!!!!

Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I thought this hotel would have had a great customer service team. I couldn't check into 3 which wasn't a problem, but online told me that I could check in between noon and 3pm. When I get up in the morning I get a email from them saying my reservation is set and I am all to go. This was about 10am but the MANAGER said I had to wait until 3. I was okay with that until I get back to the hotel at 3:15pm (to give them a little time) and they tell me that my room still isn't ready. We did not get to our room until 4:15 pm. This was a sleep over for my daughters birthday for a few friends.

New London, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 9 March 2014

First of all, this hotel is in a great location when visiting the Bayshore Town Center and is right off I-43. Also, next door there's a Kopps frozen custard if you want something to savor into! The breakfast was a little better than average hotels with muffins, fruit, toast, juices, milk, coffee, cereal, and waffles all being offered. From check in to check out, the staff were nice and friendly to us if we had any concerns. The room was nice, spacious, and clean with a fridge and microwave available; a sofa sleeper, and a nice comfy bed. My only concern for this hotel was the pool, which is very nice; but there were many noisy children moving about in it. I would suggest that the hotel post hours for adults only from 9-11 pm or 7-9 am so those who want to have a quieter environment could enjoy it more.

Chicago, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014

In a nutshell, this hotel has a nice, newly renovated environment with spacious rooms. Most of the reserved clientele look and act like gang members, however. A loud party with super loud funk music and multiple visitors slamming doors all night next door made for a sleepless night and somewhat frightful stay. Hotel staff don't enforce their own rules. This hotel needs bouncers or police touring the hallways. I do not recommend this La Quinta at 5423 North Port Washington Rd, Glendale, WI 53217.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Carol A
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It was a great stay for me and my husband we enjoyed our selves and it was very convenient that it was right down the street from bay shore mall and the king suites are very cozy for couples . I would suggest la Quinta inn and suites to a lot of people because I really enjoyed my stay and I think they will too and it's just great if your trying to get away by your self or with you kids and family

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I first want to say that my wife and I are La Quinta Returns members. So, when we travel we choose to stay at La Quinta's when we can. We also know that most La Quinta's are not 5 star hotels but, there are certain things that you do expect when staying at a above average hotel.

We recently stayed at this La Quinta Inn & Suites on Feb. 21st & 22nd, 2014. We upgraded from a standard room and got a suite for those 2 nights. We have stayed at this property before in a suite and did not have any issues. So, we expected the same great room on our this recent stay. We were very wrong in thinking that would be the case.

After arriving and checking in, we headed to our room (Room 310). Upon entering our room, we were overwhelmed with the smell of cigarette smoke and musty carpets. The suite is divided into 3 rooms. A living room area, a bathroom and the bedroom. The cigarette/musty smell was mainly in the living room area. And upon further inspection, we found cigarette ashes in that room. We thought that all rooms were suppose to be non-smoking? There was even a sign on the desk next to the cigarette ashes the said "This is a Non Smoking Room". Then upon entering the bedroom we found food particles on the floor and there were also stains on our bed comforter. The heating/ac unit also made a very loud vibrating noise when turning on and while running. This caused us both to hardly get any sleep for the 2 nights we were there. Then moving into the bathroom, the light above the shower did not work and there was no fan in the bathroom. Instead they had a circulation vent in the wall. This brought air in from the outside. Which would be fine most times but, it was in the single digits outside. This made the bathroom extremely cold and you felt like you were walking into a freezer. The vent also pointed directly at the shower. So, when you used the shower, you had the stream of cold air coming right at you. This made no sense and we had to take quick showers because of the cold air blowing directly on you.

We did complain about the issues we had when we checked out but, they did not seem very concerned. They said that they had our e-mail and they might send us a voucher for a free night. But, I highly doubt that this will happen. This was probably the last time we will stay at a La Quinta. It just was not a nice experience overall and a waste of extra money for upgrading to a suite.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nthamix92
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Manchester East
Manchester East
#4 of 6 in Glendale
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Bayshore Area? Share your experiences!