“average stay minus .5”

Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
NJ/NY
“average stay minus .5”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

CS has lots of parking so you'll need a car sine its 3.3 miles away from downtown. The reception area is average and the front desk greeted me somewhat nicely. Fay and Devon were...I'll get back to this later. I got to the room and I have to say it was nice and roomy. Huge in room jacuzzi, flat screen t.v., living room area and king size bed. Pillows were small but not nit-picking. The only criticism i have about the room being that i was on the 2nd floor facing the indoor pool area. I want to sleep in but couldn't because there were kids playing in the pool that sounded like i had a window open. Beware of rooms from the 250's thru 270's even numbers. The room was very clean and they want to tidy up your room every day. If you don't want them too, put the sign on the door. 1951 West is very nice. Good food and reasonable prices. The bar area very nice with flat screens all around. I love the Green Bay area. I like Fay at the front desk but DEVON has attitude issues. This guy need to be retrained in customer service. I want to call for a cab in the front desk area. Fay said Devon would be able to call one for me so I can go into town and eat. When I asked Devon if he could call for me he asked me if I had a cell phone. I did but was on my last cell since I just got to Green bay and was starving. He told me to call a taxi myself. Okay I let that go. Later that night I realized I didn't have tooth paste. When I asked him if there was any available, it was like I was disturbing him and made it seem like it was too much trouble so this review gets minus 1/2 star. Fay stepped in and I asked her. She was kind enough to find some for me. CS please talk to this guy. Moving on, the CS did an outstanding job with the tailgate party in the grand ballroom. Continental breakfast is pretty good. For that I give back the 1/2 star.

Room Tip: rooms away that don't face the indoor pool is recommended.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dr PJ2,

Thank you for your feedback on your past stay with us, we really enjoyed having your group at our Comfort Suites and sincerley apologize for the service issues you encountered. We continually work with our staff to ensure the best possible customer experience and unfortunately missed the bar during your stay. Again thank you for your stay with us and good luck to your team in the Superbowl.

Sincerely
Aaron
Director Of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Crandon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed on a Friday night with our 3 young children just to get away from home and do something fun for one night. We checked in around 5PM on a Friday night and the young gentleman at the desk was not friendly, he wasn't rude but he wasn't welcoming, told us to use Door number 4 to get to our room which was incorrect and had us walking a little farther than necessary with all of our bags. The room was okay, nothing spectacular, not dirty but not overly clean either. The outside of the bathroom door looked as if it had never been cleaned. There was a white substance splashed all over it, looked like dried milk, other gross looking splashes of liquid ( I told myself it wasn't vomit, even though it looked like it could have been) and sticky spots, which looked like styling product such as hair spray. The room was a little dusty around the edges, the drapery was dusty and the top of the the furniture where most people don't touch had a lot of dust. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows on the king bed. The sofa sleeper worked well for our 3 children. They had a good selection of HD TV channels. The refrigerator in the room was nice to keep bottled water. The Water Attraction was the best part of our stay. The kiddie pool has a variety of splash features and a nice slide, which our kids used to race each other. The deeper pool went to 4-feet deep and had 2 basketball hoops. The hot tub was nice and not too hot. The waterslide was our favorite part. It was a very slow slide so even our 2-year old could go down all on his own! There is a bar area in the corner and was always staffed, even at 9 AM. The water in a the pools and on the slide was a very comfortable temp! We found the waterpark a nice size for our 3 children aged 6 years and under, just enough so they don't get bored but not so much it is overwhelming to them. Breakfast left much to be desired. The scrambled eggs were tasteless. The sausage were not horrible but could have been warmer. There were not made to order omlettes as we read about before our trip. Scrambled eggs, Boiled Eggs, Sausage, Toast/Bagels, Yogurt, Fruit, Donuts and Juice/Milk. We would probably stay again, just because the Water Attraction is great but I would look for weekends with lower rates as it is not worth $120/night! I would feel it a better deal at about $70-80/night.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
WITRAVLR,

Thank you for responding to your last stay with us at our Comfort Suites, I apologize that some of your stay wasn't fully up to your standards. For the past few years we have ranked in the top 3% by Choice hotels international standards based on customer feedback and inspection scores so we do try very hard to meet and exceed all customer expectations. We are also updating our bathrooms very shortly so those doors will likely be changed out. I am very glad that your children enjoyed our water attraction, that has become a favorite for families with small children. Thanks you for staying with us and hopefully we will see you in the future.

Aaron Wolf
Director of Sales
Comfort Suites Green Bay
Oconto Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed here on a weeknight for a 50th birthday party in one of the banquet/party rooms. I found the rooms to be fairly quiet, didnt hear the neighbors or passers by too bad. The breakfast was nice, with omlettes made to order that were complimentary. I'd like to suggest adding peanut butter packs to the bread/toast area. The disappointment was in the room itself, which seemed very stale smelling, covered up by a fairly strong scented deodorizer or rug shampoo or something. When I tried to call the front desk to find out about the workout facility, the phone didn't work. Later when I went down to the desk, I told them & the two men at the desk acted like "oh"...not going to do anything about it. They just looked at each other, then asked what I called for and moved on. It's a pain not to have a room phone that works, can't call the desk, room service or friends rooms. They never did anything about it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The free breakfast is very impressive. The room was nice. It was clean and had plenty of space. The shuttle was 45 minutes late and no one would help when we were trying to figure out what to do about it. They told us 2 hours before the game and we got there 1 hour before the game.

• Stayed December 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Stayed the Sunday night after the Packers game. Easy access off of Highway 41. Very clean, looks fairly new. Nicely appointed including wet bar, fridge, microwave, sofa-sleeper, armoire, in-room safe and HD TV.
The free breakfast was much nicer than most with made-to-order omelettes, fresh fruit, yogurts, pastries, and the usual offerings served in a spacious dining room.
Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful with an excellent restaurant selection. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I've stayed at this hotel a few times the last couple of months for business. It is a nice, clean hotel with a great breakfast (lots of options, including hot items) and great onsite restaurant, which is really nice for business travel. The fitness center is below average for the number of rooms onsite and you have to go to the front desk to get a key to enter, which seems weird to me especially given the floorplan of the hotel...can be quite a trek to go get the key. Overall, a good hotel and good

• Stayed October 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This is pretty much the way you'd want a hotel to be. The HD TV was just great while I watched the baseball playoffs. There were plenty of channels to choose from with excellent reception. I also appreciated the really high speed internet connection and it's always a nice touch when the hotel has a preinstalled cord for you so all you have to do is plug it into your laptop and you're done. The USA Today slipped under my door every morning was also nice. The rooms were quite fine and roomy. The water in the sink was partially plugged or something as the sink takes a long time to drain--a minor but specific irritant. We enjoyed having a live person (a chef from the 1951 West restaurant) cooking omelets for us. The only slight downside was that we still ate with tiny plastic utensils. That's probably OK since that's what's provided at almost all hotels but, if you're going to the trouble to have a chef there, how much of an extra step is it to provide flatware and get really classy? My wife and I like to sleep in when we're on vacation trips like this so it matters to us when breakfast hours end. I asked at the desk and the two young ladies (ladies do have to be young by default, don't they?) decided amongst themselves that it was 9 o'clock. A bit depressing for my wife and me. But when I got to the room I read in the guest services book that breakfast is served until 09:30. How curious. You mean to tell me that the two people manning the check-in desk were unaware of the breakfast hours, even though my guess is they must get asked that question many times each week? It's no big deal but it did surprise me. In any event, minor stuff. I'd stay at this hotel again in an instant if I had the chance, especially given the good price and the fact we're getting extra points for our stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple