“Great location and great hotel for visit to St. Mary's hospital”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four nights while my husband had a knee replacement at St. Mary's hospital. The accommodations were very nice and the breakfast buffet was above average. The hotel is literally 3 minutes to St. Mary's hospital visitor's parking lot.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

BillieBob,

I am sorry to hear about your husbands knee replacement, I hope he is doing well!!!! Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our Chef made to order omelets during the week. We hope you stay with us on your next trip to Green Bay (under other circumstances of course!).

Reviewed 11 December 2013

For at least the past 6 years various members of my family have stayed at the Comfort Suites on Bond Street in Green Bay whenever we have been in town for family gatherings. Thanksgiving 2013 my adult son and husband stayed at the Comfort Suites and had a very good experience. The facililty is clean and well managed, the breakfast on Thanksgiving included omelets, and there is a restaurant and bar on the adjoining property. This will continue to be our hotel of choice when visiting Green Bay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Mary H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property for the TripAdvisor community! It is great to hear that the recent stay was a great experience and we are happy we could play a part in your family Thanksgiving! We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next trip to Green Bay!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We had decided to stay at the CSGB for a park and fly after a good experience a few years ago. We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a whirlpool suite upon check-in, primarily due to the pool area being under maintenance. We also received 4 drink coupons to 1951 where we also had a really good dinner. Our room was very nice, the tub worked well and even had a TV in the wall next to it. The bed and linen's were comfortable, the room had good amenities and the bathroom was clean and functional. I would expect that due to low use that morning they had a cab bring us to the airport and it was on-time. Our return was not as good, we called at baggage claim after we had collected our bags as instructed, and were told 10-15 minutes for the shuttle. 35 minutes later, the shuttle showed up. It's a good 15 minutes to the property, and there are closer options. The driver did not assist or offer bags on either end and had the heat cranked up so much it was stifling in the van. He was pleasant enough, but the service was poor.

Overall, I think we would consider this property if we were going to GB but I don't think we would use it for the park and fly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

garpts,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write such positive feedback about our hotel amenities. I am happy you enjoyed your upgrade to a whirlpool suite! Your constructive feedback allows us to continue to work on our free airport service for all future guests.

Thanks Again!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and for the second time we can both say it was an excellent getaway for us to just relax and enjoy time together with no kids/Grand kids. The last time we can we brought 2 grand kids with us and it was awesome then as it was this time. If you are in the area this hotel is great!!!! We promise we will be back more than once! Staff is very friendly and rooms are very clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Alan G,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review our property, you Rock!!! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you bring your grandkids again soon!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The suite was acceptable, the rate was the same. The discourse came at checkout when my card was "declined." Actually, his point of sale was not working correctly. Not only did he decline to manually enter the card infortmation, he rolled his eyes at me and treated me as though I didn't deserve to be treated as though I was a customer in the service industry. I contacted my credit card company who advised that my card was active, not on hold and had plenty of available credit (exactly what I'd told Matt). The agent at the card company then contacted the 800-number given by his POS machine for us only to find it was a merchant services for card authorization...all Matt had to do was follow up on his end of the job-stick. He did not and made the last and worst part of any stay, paying, longer and worse than it had to be. I used to stay at this Comfort Suites frequently but shall not return and recommend you all avoid the hassle of dealing with Matt who is not worth the convenience otherwise.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

phawkins101,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time to review our property. It is nice to hear that the overall value of your stay was acceptable but am sorry to hear of the billing issues encountered at check-out. Although we appreciate the feedback on TripAdvisor, I would love to speak with you directly about this matter so we can ensure it does not happen with yourself, or other guests in the future.

920-499-7449

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have been coming to your restaurant for many years. Great food, awesome service. So friendly and caring I would recommend the food to everyone. I was in last Saturday night and ordered a 16oz ribeye, done to perfection and I would have to say it was the best steak I have ever eaten. Thank you

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Doug F,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are excited to hear that your steak at 1951 West was the best steak you have ever eaten, and appreciate your patronage over the years. We hope you stay and dine with us the next time you are in Green Bay!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Very Frequent business traveler and appreciate service and quality. This place was fabulous - the 1951 restaurant was GREAT, nice bar as well. The room was updated with AMAZING bathroom (tv in the shower!! like 12 shower heads). Never thought I write a review about a shower. GREAT staff and great value. Highly recommend. Didn't have the kids with us, but the splash pool / waterpark also looked awesome. Can't go wrong with this comfort suites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the updated bath and shower! Amazing.