“Gem in the Heart of Green Bay”

Hyatt Regency Green Bay
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Spent one night here while doing the Lake Michigan Circle Tour. Got a hit on Priceline, but knew this would be the hotel. Nice place. It sits next to the Convention Center downtown. It came with free parking and a hot breakfast. I was afraid the large atrium and tile floors in the lobby would make it noisy. But after closing my bedroom door (closing off the hospitality suite portion of my room) I didn't hear a thing. No surprises: nice place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Green Bay

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Well-appointed rooms (beautiful B&W framed photographs rather than boring hotel prints) in a great location. Here for a seminar and they did an excellent job getting us checked in and all set. Ballrooms were nice, albeit a little cold (as most conference rooms are). Breakfast was okay - didn't like the quality of the omelets. Thought they should use real WI cheese (not icky American cheese) and better ingredients, but I'm pretty picky about omelets. Buffet food was hot and decent. Great service. I forgot my cell phone plug-in so was sitting in the Business Center area to charge my phone at 10:30pm at night on the computer and they rustled me up a charger that worked so I could go back to my room.

Room Tip: Away from elevators if you want the upfront suite room to be quieter.
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Big 2-room suite, with a tiny, tiny, tiny and tired bathroom. Living room dark and uninviting. Good bedroom with excellent bed. Don't bother opening the patio door to the balcony (overlooking a no man's land of flat roofs and industrial buildings) after 4 p.m.: the kitchen exhaust fan belches up a disgusting smell of pizza and french fries. Same thing in the atrium all morning, this time with the smell of bacon and fried eggs. Breakfast included, but uninspiring, with very bad coffe. Dirty breakfast room after 9 a.m. (no cleaning staff in sight). Very slow elevators. Gloomy atmosphere in the atrium, despite the (fake) palmtrees. At $300 a night, Hyatt should be ashamed of themselves...

5  Thank HicEtNunc
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This is probably the best hotel in Green Bay, which isn't saying much. Still, the staff is nice, the rooms spacious and comfortable. You also get a couple of tickets for free Coors Light at the bar (or you can apply them toward a real drink) and a full breakfast buffet.
The breakfast buffet starts early and that is a problem. Every time I have stayed at this hotel, I have been awakened by the smell of bacon. The way the hotel is shaped with the rooms around a central courtyard seems to act as a bacon chimney. The bacon smell fills the halls and the rooms.
As a fan of bacon and all pork products, I don't necessarily find this offensive. But it does wake me up. Early. I have seriously considered putting wet bath towels along the crack of the door.

Room Tip: The corner rooms seem to be especially large
5  Thank furniguru
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The suite was roomy, well set up, and clean. The bathroom was on the small side. Bar/restaurant was nice; we only had a drink, so I can't vouch for the food. The inclusive breakfast the next morning was excellent, with a made-to-order omelet station and a variety of other options. The location was good, right on the edge of downtown.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We had to stay in Green Bay for business and there happened to be a Packers game taking place as well. The hotel thought this was a green light to price gouge and throw ethics out the window. For that kind of money I asked what kind of champagne and dinner would be included for the outrageous price. I was told a breakfast and drink coupon was included. The drink coupon didn't even include the good beer, it only included MGD and Coors Light. They are charging top shelf prices and only include bottom of the barrel drinks, unbelievable. They also had the audacity to charge $3.00 per page to send a fax! The lack of shame and ethics was unbelievable.

5  Thank DieselDiesel
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My fiance that is active duty for the USAF, just returned to the Untied States after his 3rd tour in Afghanistan.. He flew to Green Bay (where I lived) to propose to me and move me across the United States to start our life together... The NIGHTMARE started as soon as we arrived and ended when we checked out.. Upon arrival, the hotel was beautiful and elegant very welcoming.. So I thought.. We then went to check into our reserved suit and were then notified about the $250 CASH deposit we needed for our room... Okay, not a big deal.. We went to the ATM on location, to only have his debit card denied.. We then had to pack our luggage up (embarrassing) and go to a functioning ATM. We returned with our $250 cash for the deposit. We go to our room, very pleased... The fallowing day we needed to do a load of laundry. Well NOT happening.. ALL washer and dryer units on site were "OUT OF ORDER".. So, it is what it is. The fallowing morning my parents were coming to meet us for breakfast at the hotel. We were all going through the buffet line to get eggs, sausage , and bacon. The lady working the buffet (staff) was so rude, she out right embarrassed me to the point I was in tears.. In front of my fiance, parents , and worst of all complete strangers!! All I asked her was if there was going to be more bacon brought out.. I had noticed that the buffet was running low/empty. She "flipped out" out on me and slammed a tray of bacon in front of me, splattering grease EVERYWHERE! I did go to the front desk and complain. The front desk did refund my parents breakfast of $15. But, did NOTHING for me! THEIR GUST. Well, so the next day I invite friends and family to come swimming in their pool on site there. **NASTY** The whirlpool had brown scum line ALL the way around it wall of it. The swimming pool it self was nice and warm.. The children's play area in the pool area was "Out of Order" as well. The sauna was enjoyable.. Okay, so the next morning rolls around, and its check out time. We go to the front desk to get the $250 cash deposit returned to us and check out. The front desk sent housekeeping to our room, to make sure everything is intact. We at this time are notified that we will be charged $500 for SMOKING in our hotel room. YES, I am a smoker. But, we never smoked in our room! We smoked outside of the hotel, (no ashtrays located in immediate area outside of doors.) So, I put my cigarette butt out on the ground and took the "butt" back to the room and disposed of it in the trash there. The housekeeping went through our trash cans in the room and accused us of smoking. We tried to reason with them. Even told them to look at their security camera to see us outside smoking.. They refused, and charged $250 to my fiance's debit card account and refused the $250 cash return on our deposit... They had the nerve to thank us for our stay there, and then invited us back!! Please beware if you choose to stay here. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL CHAIN AGAIN... OH!! We left the Radisson Hotel (by the airport) to stay here. Worst decision made that entire weekend.. STAY AT THE RADISSON!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple