“Great value for the money”

Hyatt Regency Green Bay
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Great value for the money”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed one night at the Hyatt on Main during our pass through Green Bay. This used to be an Embassy Suites -- nice atrium and a well maintained building. Room was huge, but very nice. Room rate was also very good, and it included the buffet breakfast which included an omlette station. Downtown location is probably convenient to some things in that area, but we weren't there long enough to see much around the hotel. It is attached to a conference/convention center too, which would be good if you were there on business. Nice bar/pub area in hotel too, although we were the only ones in there at 9pm on a Monday night.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. Ours was huge.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Beautifully-appointed, clean and quiet, my husband and my three-night stay at the Hyatt on Main was a nice, restful experience. I'm a fan of the Hyatt brand and decided to schedule a few nights in a nice hotel as my husband and I returned from a week at a more rustic cabin. This hotel, for the most part, lives up to the Hyatt standard.

PROS:
-Able to book a 1-bedroom, double queen room with breakfast at a steal for $68 with a AAA card.
-Great, easy-to-find location
-Very accommodating staff, ready to respond to requests for additional supplies, housekeeping, instructions on internet, etc. We especially enjoyed interacting with Angie!
-Comfortable beds
-Modern rooms with nice amenities: Small refrigerator, microwave, wet bar, 2 flat screen TVs in room (a 32-in in main living area and a 40+ in bedroom)
-Hotel interior is beautiful with an open-air feel and glass window elevators
-Large and good-tasting breakfast with plenty of great selections, both healthy and comfort food
-Quiet rooms even though we were on the side of the hotel across the street from construction and our room was also 2 doors down from elevator
-Fantastic toiletries: Gilchrist & Soames

CONS
-As with most hotels, room service/food options are pricey. However, the menu for room service (that comes from the hotel restaurant/pub) is very limited. The food was OK, but definitely overpriced for the quality and portion size. The exceptions are that we really enjoyed the hamburger and it was very large. But not a good place to find healthy and delicious options. A lower-price option is the market downstairs. Open 24-hours, the Market offers a lunch combo including a sandwich, chips or soup, and a can of soda for only $5 plus tax. Great bargain.

-Parking is in an open air lot with no security bars or anything that is pretty small compared to parking lots in larger cities. When we first arrived, the hotel was fully booked due to a "Tall Ships" festival on the river and the lot was full. We had to park in a parking deck across the street, which is free on weekends and has a fee on weekdays. However, the front desk attendant told me that if we were charged, the Hyatt would give us some sort of validation I think to avoid the fee. We ended up moving our car to the main lot by Sunday after the crowd thinned, so it wasn't a big deal. The parking deck is connected to the hotel by a skyway that crosses Main Street, but it's confusing to navigate between the deck and actually getting to the hotel lobby. I'd advise walking with someone or just paying attention to surroundings for safety reasons.

Room Tip: We found our 1-bedroom double queen to be large and comfortable, even though I would tend to opt for...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Wonderful stay during the tall ships tour. Close to so much! Walked everywhere for eats and drinks. Hotel breakfast was wonderful, omelet chef, fresh fruit and more! Bar was nice too Room was so nice, clean and spacious. We will be back!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was in town for a trade show at the connect KI center. This large looming property in the downtown Green Bay is very elegant and classy. It was the nicest suite I have stayed in for under $100. My suite had a large seating area with a wrap around couch, big screen, wet bar and large desk. This was adjacent to a large bedroom with another hi-def TV. The linens were very high quality, I could feel the difference immediately. My room was quiet, except for a noisy fan motor in the A/C unit. The bar/restaurant in the hotel was very good as well. My dinner was excellent along with the service. It is a very large facility. In addition, there are numerous bars and restaurants near by. If you have the $$, it a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Cazenovia, WI
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel because over 20 years ago I had stayed here when it was the Embassy Suites for a youth conference and remembered the glass elevators. My daughters have a fascination with elevators so this was perfect. I requested a room on the upper floors and we got the 7th. We stayed on a Packer Away game week/weekend in August so the hotel wasn't crammed full and was pretty quiet.

Pretty much all the rooms are suites - you walk into a little living room area with a couch, tv and bar area with a fridge and microwave then through a short 5 ft hall to the main bedroom. The bathroom in our room was a little small but it did it's job. What I liked were the pump bottles of soap and lotion by the sink and in the shower they had shower gel and shampoo/conditioner in pump form as well. This is much less wasteful and actually handier as you get more so you don't always have to call down and request more soap.

Also, they did away with the coverlets over the beds which I've heard get very disgusting and just put on a nice thin white blanket and sheet which looked very tidy. The thermostats in the rooms are set to be + or - 4 degrees from 72 I believe so no one can have a 60 degree or 80 degree room. They will accommodate you if that's still to hot they'll send up a fan. There is also a nice flatscreen LG tv in the bedroom area as well - about a 32 inch. Just basic cable of about 50 channels- no premiums like HBO which was fine because we weren't there to watch tv.

One thing they don't really mention on their website is their pool area. It is still pretty much the same as from the old Embassy Suite days. They have a spa, hot tub and regular pool which starts at about 3 ft. and goes as deep as 5'3". They added a children's area of "squirting fountain" areas but it only worked one of the two days we were there. It would be suitable for 1-4 year-olds I'd say. My daughters are almost 6 and didn't find it appealing. But they did have fun in the 3ft area of the pool. The pool is open from 5 am to midnight with no kids allowed after 10pm.

They offer a full breakfast buffet each morning - 6:30-9 during the week and 7-10 during the weekends. The cost is $10 per person and 12 and under were free so realistically it only cost us $5 a person for the buffet. They had a chef making omelets and on a table they had eggs, sausage, pancakes, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal, lots of fruits, cold cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, danish, OJ, apple juice, cranberry juice, 3 kinds of milk, ice water, hot tea, and coffee with int'l delight creamers. It was very good and handy.

We also ate at the Pub 333 which is the bar/restaurant by the lobby. The food was very good and our waitress was very nice. I found it to be reasonably priced - our entrees were $13 (deep fried fish) and the food was ample. My daughters also enjoyed their kids menu items as well and those were about $6-8. There is also a "window" Starbucks and a little Market area across from the check-in desks with food and drinks.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a little more "room in their room". Corner suites I believe are 2 bedroom along with the living room area. The lobby is decorated with real palm trees and has a glass ceiling to let in lots of light. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

DeForest, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference over three days. Had very good service by the staff and the meals I are wee very good. I had a couple issues with the room, nothing major. Burnt out lightbulb, torn shower curtin and no bath gel. I will be back here again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Recently stayed at the Hyatt on a trip for Packers Family Night. Loved the hotel. Rooms were incredibly spacious and well-appointed. Liked having the wet bar/counter area in our suite, which was nice for our sons to have snack. Pool was fun, and water was warm. Great location, 5-10 min (max) to Lambeau Field and Bay Beach. Only complaint the first night was noise, but that is attributable to all of the rooms facing a central courtyard and it was crowded with families staying for the Packers event. My 10 year-old son has requested that we go back to the Hyatt for next year's Packers Family Night!