“Just OK By Hampton Standards”

Hampton Inn Green Bay
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I can't say anything was wrong with our stay, but it would have been nice to have found something worth commending this location for. This may be policy, but I've stayed at many Hampton Inns during weekdays and they all served a light snack like cookie or pretzels in the breakfast areas in the evenings. During my recent weekend stay in GB this service wasn't provided. The room was clean and spacious enough as was the pool. Very relaxing for a quick dip. In the morning the buffet selection seemed lacking with undercooked sausage patties, no eggs and extra chewy French toast sticks. This property is good for a clean, quick stay but is only average when compared to comparable HI hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for leaving the feedback on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry that we didn't meet all of your expectations which is disappointing. We are always compliant with Hampton brand standards and normally do very well with our guest needs. We serve homemade cookies during the week and they are available at the front desk. I hope to see you the next time that you visit Green Bay. Regards, Lawry Larson

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Green Bay

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly and hospitible. Our room was spotless, and inviting. The breakfast was excellent, but would have been better if it had bacon or regular sausage instead of the local weiner looking things.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Hi David and thanks for the nice remarks in your Trip Advisor review. I'm glad that we met your expectations and have shared your comments with my staff. I hope to see you the next time that you visit Green Bay. Regards, Lawry Larson

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I Suspect this is a rebranded Hampton since it was right on course except the rooms seemed a little smaller than usual. Service was good with typical breakfast. Room and Hotel was very clean with friendly staff. Overall I would put it at the top end of Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response with Trip Advisor and for stating that you'd rank us in the top end of all Hampton Inns. I'm very lucky to have a great staff, which it sounds like you saw first hand. Regards, Lawry Larson

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Consistent with other cookie cutter properties... Clean etc... You can't get eggs at breakfast daily as they change selections.... If you like eggs you don't want french toast! Make the guest happy! Two stars for breakfast..

Stayed: October 2013
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Hi John, and thanks for the nice review. Sounds like you are a seasoned traveler with Hampton Inns and understand that we are based on consistency. I hope to see you the next time that you visit Green Bay. Lawry Larson.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

As a HHonors gold member I am pretty loyal to the brand, however next time I come to the area I will definitely stay at the Raddisson on Oneida or even the Hilton Garden Inn by Lambeau. I'm not sure what it was but the ceilings were very low....everything seemed very cramped. The room layout in Hamptons are usually very consistent and this one was not. The work desk was just a table up against a wall with no light, the lighting in general was bad, the TV remote didnt work (staff promptly replaced it when i called), the bathroom water kept making loud noises all night which kept waking me up. It was just "off". Breakfast was fine...typical Hampton buffet. Staff was friendly, location to restaurants is good. I wouldn't recommend it though when the Raddisson is so close by and like a luxury hotel....Raddisson is also less expensive and has more amenities. If you're loyal to Hilton brands, I'd recommend the HGI by Lambeau.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hi Megan. I'm sorry that we delivered such a disappointing experience during your stay in Green Bay. Our Hampton Inn, along with all Hamptons, must comply with very specific brand standards that are set by Hilton. That being said, we do very well with our Quality Assurance inspections as performed by Hampton. Again, I’m sorry that we missed the mark on your stay with us. Lawry Larson, General Manager.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were in town for a Packer game and are glad we chose Hampton. The staff was very friendly and accommadating.. We were able to check in early and the city and Packers have a shuttle to the game that leaves from right accross the street saving the hassle and expense of parking near the stadium. The room was clean, everything worked and the breakfast buffet was well stocked and of good quality. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Thanks for the great comments regarding your stay with us and your experience in Green Bay. I'm glad that you used the free shuttle service to go to and from the game that is paid for by the Packers and the Green Bay Metro. I also see that you're from Milton, WI. We hosted the Milton Redhawks Girls basketball team during the WIAA tournament in March, and had a lot of fun with them. Regards, Lawry Larson.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We usually stay at this Hampton Inn when visiting the Green Bay Area. This Hampton is clean, well-kept, and in a good area. The staff is friendly and helpful. Prices are reasonable unless the Packers are playing and then there is two night minimum. Very close to Lambeau Field.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for the nice review about our hotel. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty to us when visiting Green Bay, and please look for me the next time. Regards, Lawry Larson