“Hotel is fine, breakfast is bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Green Bay
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gladstone, United States
“Hotel is fine, breakfast is bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

This hotels is fine and the rooms are ok. They have double beds and not queeen beds which I don't really like for 4 people. Makes is a little cramped. I was not happy with the breakfast. Made waffles and they were as hard as a rock. The bread was all old and hard and the muffins were also very hard. For the price the hotel was fine but don't count on the breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lawry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete the Hilton Guest Satisfaction Survey. I find these to be an invaluable management tool.

I’m sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and I have shared your feedback with my staff. Our breakfast items are fresh every morning (with the exception of the apples). I talked to my breakfast staff and they assured me that policy is being followed. The only thing that I could think of is that perhaps we prepared to much food and it sat out too long. I sincerely apologize.

Once again, thank you. Lawry Larson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Sullivan, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We have stayed twice at the Green Bay Hampton and had excellent experiences both times. The staff was very helpful and accommodating to our family, including two young kids. The rooms were clean, food was adequate, and the price was very reasonable, especially for a holiday weekend. We will stay here every time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lawry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for the great comments about your returnd stay with us. I'm glad that you continue to choose us as your destination when visiting Green Bay. It also helps other future guests hear your perspective on what a great job that my staff does. Regards, Lawry Larson.
Platteville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel has been updated and was very nice. Loved the updated bathroom. The beds were very comfortable. Very clean lobby and breakfast area. Check in was a breeze. Had my grandchildren with me and they enjoyed the pool. There are lots of hotels nearby but I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Liz for the great review that you left for us. I sincerely appreciate your comments and this will help others make a decision to stay with us. I printed a copy of your Trip Advisor review and shared it with my staff. See you the next time that you visit Green Bay. Regards, Lawry Larson.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Love this hotel, very clean,comfy and friendly staff. Beds and linens are excellent, very sleep friendly. Don't be concerned if your room faces the highway, you won't hear any noise at all. Go Pack Go!

1 Thank Patricia T
Lawry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Hi Patricia, and thanks for the great review. I’m glad that the construction noise didn’t bother you. I want to let you know that we are aware of the noise problem with Hwy 41. As the highway construction continues the noise levels increase. Recently, we spent $50,000.00 to replace all highway side guest room windows with a sound proof window. Other guests have told me that if they leave the AC/Heating unit fan running that it provides just enough "white noise" to drown out any traffic noise. Fortunately the construction is temporary and I can't wait until the DOT is done.
Regards, Lawry Larson
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We were in town for the Green Bay Packers game against the Minnesota Vikings when we stayed at the Hampton Inn Green Bay. If we return for another game, we will likely stay somewhere else. We chose the hotel based on the glowing reviews but we weren't impressed with the hotel at all. I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member, and I stay at Hampton Inns all the time. This one would be middle of the pack at best. The breakfast was average, the room was okay, the service was adequate.

But the room was ridiculously overpriced. I realize that there are very few hotels in the area and that most of them are filled up during Packers games but this room would be a $90 room in any other city, not $270 per night. I've stayed in better hotels in downtown Chicago, Miami, New York, Seattle, and Houston for a fraction of that price.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor. I find these to be an invaluable management tool.

I’m sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and have shared your comments with my staff.

With regard to raising the rates during Packer games, it is simply supply vs. demand. There are 4,000 hotel rooms in Green Bay but Lambeau Field seats 80,000 fans. All hotels in Green Bay and the surrounding areas raise their rates accordingly. I price the Hampton somewhere in the middle of our competition, so we are in line. I'd compare it to traveling to New Orleans during the Super Bowl. I doubt if any hotel would have the normal rates in place.

Once again, thank you. Lawry Larson, General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here for the Packers/Vikings game. The accommodations were nice and worked for what we needed. Good location from the field and there is a shuttle that picks you up right outside to take you to the game. Good stay overall.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you, Lesley, for the great review that you left for us. I sincerely appreciate your comments and this will help others make a decision to stay with us. I printed a copy of your Trip Advisor review and shared it with my staff. See you the next time that you visit Green Bay. Regards, Lawry Larson.
Bolingbrook, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Watch out for road construction noise, other than that everything was Hampton Inn excellent. Good room, good breakfast, friendly people. I can recommend the hotel for a comfortable rest. I plan to use it again when in Green Bay, hope the weather holds so I can get up there all winter.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lawry-Larson, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thomas, thanks for the nice review and comments about my staff. Fortunately the road construction is temporary. Having said that, I want to let you know that we were aware of the potential noise problem with Hwy 41. We spent $50,000.00 in December, 2012 to replace all highway side guest room windows with a sound proof window. These are similar to what you'd find at an airport hotel. Other guests have told me that if they leave the AC/Heating unit fan running that it provides just enough "white noise" to drown out any traffic noise. Regards, Lawry Larson