Hampton Inn Green Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewslambeau fieldhotel experienceroom was cleanthe breakfast areaoatmealwould definitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfastfront desk staffpool and hot tubin townbusiness tripgreat place to staynice staydoor countyconvenient locationvery nice hotelnice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Green Bay while I was in town for the marathon. The hotel staff was great, having our room ready when we arrived and allowed for a late check out after the marathon. The staff was knowledgeable about the marathon event, knew great places to eat, etc.

The morning staff had the breakfast buffet open and ready 1 hour before the 'regular' time to accommodate the marathoners.

Will stay here on my next visit to Green Bay!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Lawry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi,Kevin. Thank you for your nice feedback. We host the Cellcom marathon every year and always learn something new. This year we opened our breakfast early and kept it open late. We received a lot of great comments with this change. See you next year. Lawry Larson

Reviewed 27 May 2014

As with all Hampton's we've stayed at, this is a nice, quiet hotel. The facility and our room was as spotless as we've come to expect from Hampton Inn.

The staff was courteous, but I always find it strange to have to give them my credit card even though I am paying cash for the room. But this seems to be their policy and not a big deal, just odd.

The breakfast was the usual hotel hot breakfast - waffles, oatmeal, some type of breakfast meat (sausage) and either eggs or in our case, french toast, pastries, cereal, etc. It was plentiful and hot, so no complaints.

As stated above, the room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The shower was great, plenty of hot water and pressure for the two of us. It is an older facility, so there is some wear showing - the mirrors in the bathroom are missing some of the silver backing and should really be replaced.

I do have a few "complaints" about the room - there are no fridges or microwaves in any room. This is something I've come to expect to be available in the nicer hotels. The other complaint is that there is no table to sit at. There is a small desk, but we tend to picnic in our room and we could not both sit at the desk at the same time (only one chair) and I'm not a fan of eating from my lap on the bed or in the armchair. What surprised me about the lack of table/chairs is the fact that our room had plenty of space to put one.

There also was no place to set my purse except on the floor - the large dresser/TV stand was pretty much taken up with the ice bucket tray and TV. Yes, there is a folding luggage stand in the closet, but it only holds one piece of luggage; we usually have two duffel bags and a laptop case.

All in all, it was not a bad place to stay, but I think I would stay elsewhere just because of the lack of expected amenities. If not having a fridge or microwave or a table in your room doesn't bother you, then I would still recommend this hotel. It DOES still have the traditional Hampton quality of cleanliness and courtesy.

Room Tip: We had a third floor room facing the rear of the hotel (view of the pool roof), so no complaints about noise for us, even with the construction at the I-41 ramp a half mile away.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I’m glad that we exceeded your expectations and I have shared your feedback with my staff.

Just as an FYI for future stays, we have approximately 20 micro/fridges for guest use on a per request basis. When we renovated the hotel, I put a micro/fridge in a sample room and it just didn't fit. Given that, I bought some for guest use. Please request one the next time that you stay with us.

Once again, thank you and I look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in Green Bay.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very clean, nice comfy bed, great breakfast, etc. The main reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of all the little added extras to the price... the one that made me groan the most was the $11.00 County tax. I would stay there again, but this time knowing it will cost more than the price you book it for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Barb S

Thank you for the nice feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, but please understand that we have to charge sales tax. I hope that this doesn't discourage you from vistiing the Green Bay area in the future. Regards, Lawry Larson

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This Hampton is a little older but in very nice shape. I had booked my room about 20 minutes prior to arrival. Upon arrival my information was already there along with my key cards, just if I had booked it days in advance. Staff was very courteous and rooms were clean with a nice smell. If anybody else is a Hilton Honor member I highly recommend the local chocolate as an option from the box. It was fabulous!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the excellent feedback and review! Our guests consistently thank us for how clean the hotel is every time. I printed a copy of your review and shared it with my housekeeping staff. Sincerely, Lawry Larson

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I travel a fair amount and Hamptons are my absolute go to place for consistently good and affordable lodging. Upon check in at this particular property, my colleague and I were greeted by the general manager. He gave us tips on dining, sites and a little background of the area at our urging. The rooms were spotless! I mean spotless! Every single staff member, from maintenance folks that we encountered in the elevators, to housekeepers in the hallway greeted us and asked about the quality of our stay. Breakfast the next morning was sumptuous for a Hamptons. The very gracious and attentive gal responsible for this area gleefully ensured adequate amounts of all items such as the wonderful ham slices, properly prepared eggs, and a delightful assortment of baked goods. As we arrived, she too greeted us as did general manager who inquired about our stay and our antics in the Green Bay area. This property displayed above and beyond service! All Hampton Inn managers should take a lesson from this guy. It is very clear that he empowers his entire staff to be the best they can be and to ensure guest's comfort. It was obvious that hospitality was a passion for each team member. This property sets the bar for all other Hamptons to emulate. Bravo Zulu to each and every team member. This, ladies and gentlemen, is how it's done!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

WOW, thank you for the phenomenal response. It sounds like we hit it out the park with you. Our housekeeping staff is one of the best that I have ever worked with, and I’m glad that we exceeded your expectations. I printed a copy of your Trip Advisor review and have shared it with my staff. See you the next time that you’re in for the wedding. Regards, Lawry Larson