“Excellent customer service, clean, comfortable rooms.”

Hampton Inn Green Bay
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
“Excellent customer service, clean, comfortable rooms.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for one night with another family. Check-in was fast, and when we realized the rest of our family was on another floor we asked to be switched so that we wouldn't have kids going up and down in the elevators between rooms. Briar, the clerk on duty, made the change without any problems. Later in the evening, our group ordered food in and ate in the dining area in the lobby. Briar was very accommodating when we realized our restaurant didn't provide enough forks. He provided excellent customer service with each one of our small requests. He helped to make us feel like welcome guests.

In addition to Briar's customer service, all the staff who we encountered were friendly - even the maintenance guy. They all walked around with smiles and greetings. We needed to be up early for a youth triathlon and we were excited to find that the breakfast was open prior to the posted hours. We came back to our room after the event to check out and we were still treated to smiles and friendly greetings even though it was 11:30 and I am sure they were anxious to get the room cleaned for the next guests.

The hotel room was well appointed, but as other guests noted, there are no microwaves or refrigerators. This wasn't an issue for us as we were only staying for one night. The air conditioner worked well, and it was easy to control the temperature. The pool area was clean with plenty of tables and loungers for guests to spread out.

We would definitely stay here again if we need to stay for a night in Green Bay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lawry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Wow, thanks for the GREAT review. It looks like we exceeded all of your expectations. Briar is an outstanding staff member who truly understands great customer service. I look forward to seeing you the next time that you visit Green Bay. Regards, Lawry Larson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Ham Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location right near Lambeau field with many restaurants nearby. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and they made their breakfast early for those us running the Green Bay Marathon! I would definitely stay here again if in the Green Bay area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Lawry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Sarah, thank you for your feedback and the review. I hear, on a regular basis, how friendly and helpful my staff is, and I am very lucky to have them. We have hosted the Cellcom Marathon for several years and continually learn what both the runners and families look for. This year, it was changing our breakfast hours. If you can think of anything else, please let me know. See you the next time that you are in Green Bay. Lawry Larson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was in a good location, the staff was very friendly and the entrance and lobby area were very clean. I didn't eat the breakfast or swim in the pool but both looked very clean. I thought it was a bit high in price, but because it was an event weekend and so close to Lambeau I guess that is what you pay - good hotel, I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Green Bay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle, thank you for your feedback and the review. I hear, on a regular basis, how friendly and helpful my staff is. I absolutely agree and am very lucky to be in such a great position. We have a "Brag Board" in the employee break room, and I have printed and posted a copy of your review. See you the next time that you are in Green Bay. Lawry Larson
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Green Bay while I was in town for the marathon. The hotel staff was great, having our room ready when we arrived and allowed for a late check out after the marathon. The staff was knowledgeable about the marathon event, knew great places to eat, etc.

The morning staff had the breakfast buffet open and ready 1 hour before the 'regular' time to accommodate the marathoners.

Will stay here on my next visit to Green Bay!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi,Kevin. Thank you for your nice feedback. We host the Cellcom marathon every year and always learn something new. This year we opened our breakfast early and kept it open late. We received a lot of great comments with this change. See you next year. Lawry Larson
Harvard, IL
Reviewed 27 May 2014

As with all Hampton's we've stayed at, this is a nice, quiet hotel. The facility and our room was as spotless as we've come to expect from Hampton Inn.

The staff was courteous, but I always find it strange to have to give them my credit card even though I am paying cash for the room. But this seems to be their policy and not a big deal, just odd.

The breakfast was the usual hotel hot breakfast - waffles, oatmeal, some type of breakfast meat (sausage) and either eggs or in our case, french toast, pastries, cereal, etc. It was plentiful and hot, so no complaints.

As stated above, the room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The shower was great, plenty of hot water and pressure for the two of us. It is an older facility, so there is some wear showing - the mirrors in the bathroom are missing some of the silver backing and should really be replaced.

I do have a few "complaints" about the room - there are no fridges or microwaves in any room. This is something I've come to expect to be available in the nicer hotels. The other complaint is that there is no table to sit at. There is a small desk, but we tend to picnic in our room and we could not both sit at the desk at the same time (only one chair) and I'm not a fan of eating from my lap on the bed or in the armchair. What surprised me about the lack of table/chairs is the fact that our room had plenty of space to put one.

There also was no place to set my purse except on the floor - the large dresser/TV stand was pretty much taken up with the ice bucket tray and TV. Yes, there is a folding luggage stand in the closet, but it only holds one piece of luggage; we usually have two duffel bags and a laptop case.

All in all, it was not a bad place to stay, but I think I would stay elsewhere just because of the lack of expected amenities. If not having a fridge or microwave or a table in your room doesn't bother you, then I would still recommend this hotel. It DOES still have the traditional Hampton quality of cleanliness and courtesy.

Room Tip: We had a third floor room facing the rear of the hotel (view of the pool roof), so no complaints abo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m glad that we exceeded your expectations and I have shared your feedback with my staff.

Just as an FYI for future stays, we have approximately 20 micro/fridges for guest use on a per request basis. When we renovated the hotel, I put a micro/fridge in a sample room and it just didn't fit. Given that, I bought some for guest use. Please request one the next time that you stay with us.

Once again, thank you and I look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in Green Bay.
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very clean, nice comfy bed, great breakfast, etc. The main reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of all the little added extras to the price... the one that made me groan the most was the $11.00 County tax. I would stay there again, but this time knowing it will cost more than the price you book it for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Barb S
Thank you for the nice feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, but please understand that we have to charge sales tax. I hope that this doesn't discourage you from vistiing the Green Bay area in the future. Regards, Lawry Larson
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This Hampton is a little older but in very nice shape. I had booked my room about 20 minutes prior to arrival. Upon arrival my information was already there along with my key cards, just if I had booked it days in advance. Staff was very courteous and rooms were clean with a nice smell. If anybody else is a Hilton Honor member I highly recommend the local chocolate as an option from the box. It was fabulous!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the excellent feedback and review! Our guests consistently thank us for how clean the hotel is every time. I printed a copy of your review and shared it with my housekeeping staff. Sincerely, Lawry Larson