“Would Be Better If Not For The Breakfast Experience”

Hampton Inn Green Bay
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Would Be Better If Not For The Breakfast Experience”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I had a good time for the 3 nights that I stayed here. The bed was firm and they cleaned the "sheets" each day. The room was very clean. The heating/cooling was done by a numbered thermostat on the wall rather than a push button unit at the window. The shower had good water pressure. I didn't feel that the internet was necessarily high speed even though they said it was as it took longer than mine at home and would pause in the afternoon. There was a handy corner of the room with a table and an overhead light for using your internet device. There were many restaurants off the main road near by to eat supper but you would drive to them.
I didn't look forward to their breakfast but while there was fruit the selection of cold cereals would not have been what I would pick. There were sweet danishes and chunky bagels but no croissants. I stayed at two Holiday Inn Expresses just before this hotel and they had automatic pancake makers. Here you seem to have to pour the batter. The knives/forks/spoons were sealed in "plastic" which were difficult to get into. The seating area has tables arranged in groups and guys would occupy a table and be done eating and using there laptops or just talking for an extended amount of time so it was a problem getting a space.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The staff and hotel were outstanding. Very well managed. Clean and welcoming. You will be pleased with your experience. The bed was very comfortable. We would highly recommend this hotel for family or business. Top Notch property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

St Paul, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel was awesome, the room were quite and super comfortable beds. Staff very attentive and helpful especially suggesting various restaurants to dine in the area. Although I'm a Viking fan, Green Bay is a great place to visit. A tour of Lambeau Field is a must!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We dont travel very much but when if we're driving we usually look for a Hampton Inn as we know what to expect - a good room, good service, a fair price, and a pretty good (and hot) 'free' breakfast in a pleasant, well kept up eating area. This one was easy enough to get to - if you're coming from the right direction (a lot of highway construction going on right now and better highway signage would be nice.) If you haven't checked out a Hapton Inn I suggest giving them a try.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just returned from a few days in Green Bay, July 2-July 5. Decided to stay at the Hampton Inn. Let me start by saying this is a beautiful hotel. It has eye appeal and everyone we ran into working there was pleasant.
Room:
I was traveling with my three kids, so I got one room with two beds.
Usually this works just fine, but the rooms are small, and so the beds are only doubles.
This did not work. I had two kids on the floor the first night. The next morning I asked if there was a larger room I could move into instead. There was not. The hotel only has rooms with two double beds or a king with a sofa bed. I ended up getting the adjoining room and that worked fine. The hotel did give me the Travelocity rate I booked at, but it was still a big expense for a single parent.
The rooms really are nice, and you get a complimentary water and bag of cookies in the room, my kids loved that.
The hotel thought of everything. It is situated right off Highway 41, so there is a lot of traffic and construction noise, but they had earplugs in the rooms. I used these two nights and didn't hear a thing.
Breakfast:
When I book a hotel, it needs to have a breakfast. This hotel offered a hot breakfast every morning. There was oatmeal, waffles, cereal, fruit, breads and danish available each morning. There was also eggs and then two of the days a meat selection. However, on Saturday, there was not a protein selection available. It's a small thing, and not a deal breaker here, but it would be nice to have a meat available each day. Saturday it was eggs and french toast sticks.
Another nice touch was the woman working the breakfast area Thursday. I didn't get her name, but she was great. She came and offered us mints or lemon drops while we were eating breakfast. She also gave my daughter a package of Oreos and then got a couple more for my boys. That kind of thing goes a long way with me.
If you're lucky enough to be around later in the day, they bring out fresh baked cookies.
Pool:
We only used the pool on the last day, but the area was clean, and there were plenty of towels out for anyone to use.
Overall:
I really do like this hotel, it's clean, quiet and everyone working there is pleasant. Unfortunately, I will probably not stay again since one room cannot accommodate my family. If the hotel ever adds a larger room, or bigger beds I will be back. If you are staying with just a couple people, or young kids this would be a great place to stay. It is close to everything, Lambeau Field, Bay Park Square and of course Highway 41 which can get you anywhere quickly.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request something at the front of the hotel. You would...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Morris, Illinois
Reviewed 5 July 2014

After a pleasant stay last year we stayed here again this year and found it to be very nice, as it was before. The manager had responded to my previous review issue about the bright lights, but the lack of a seat outside of the main door and the fan in the bathroom that comes on with the lights by the mirror rather than with the light over the tub/shower area still are problems. The room was very nice, the bed comfortable and the wide screen LED TV were very nice.The breakfast room was a bit confusing as you needed to roam the entire room to gather the needed plastic ware. In fact, while more eco-friendly, the wrapped plastic ware needs to be reviewed as we in addition to,others had to really struggle to get the item out of the plastic wrapper. The wrapper does not need to be so tough to open. The breakfast was OK but seems to be a bit less than the normal fine Hampton quality. It was good but nothing special. As I said before, we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Westport
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel recently while we were passing through Green Bay. Hampton Inn did not disappoint. The front desk service was efficient, the room very clean, spacious and comfortable and the breakfast top notch with many choices and a very friendly kitchen staff member that kept the area well stocked. Would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family