“Nice, friendly hotel among a sea of others in the area” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Green Bay
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Nice, friendly hotel among a sea of others in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We chose this Hampton Inn upon getting a great rate, and realized upon arriving how tough it competes in its area--there must be at least 10 other good chain hotels within a stone's throw from its front door. But our experience would have us choosing it again if we are in the area. The front desk staff was friendly, and our room was clean and quiet. The breakfast area was clean, and included some nice touches like mini-scones. The pool and hot tub was too crowded for us, but then again, it was the weekend, and families abounded. We were a little concerned when a Little League team checked in along with us, and we heard, "This is the party room!" close to our door, but we never heard another peep, so there must be some great sound-proofing in those walls. We didn't hear highway noise either. The only odd things were that the room door was left open (safety latch in it) so we didn't know if it was occupied when we were assigned our room, which meant another trip to the front desk to be sure, and there was a Post-It note on the headboard that told us our linen was cleaned last night--never saw that before. Otherwise, a nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Green Bay, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Close to Lambeau Field with ots of dining options nearby. Also, very close to shopping. Convenient location to get on the highway and travel to nearby tourist attractions like Bay Beach. The hotel was reasonable for the price paid.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I had a good time for the 3 nights that I stayed here. The bed was firm and they cleaned the "sheets" each day. The room was very clean. The heating/cooling was done by a numbered thermostat on the wall rather than a push button unit at the window. The shower had good water pressure. I didn't feel that the internet was necessarily high speed even though they said it was as it took longer than mine at home and would pause in the afternoon. There was a handy corner of the room with a table and an overhead light for using your internet device. There were many restaurants off the main road near by to eat supper but you would drive to them.
I didn't look forward to their breakfast but while there was fruit the selection of cold cereals would not have been what I would pick. There were sweet danishes and chunky bagels but no croissants. I stayed at two Holiday Inn Expresses just before this hotel and they had automatic pancake makers. Here you seem to have to pour the batter. The knives/forks/spoons were sealed in "plastic" which were difficult to get into. The seating area has tables arranged in groups and guys would occupy a table and be done eating and using there laptops or just talking for an extended amount of time so it was a problem getting a space.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The staff and hotel were outstanding. Very well managed. Clean and welcoming. You will be pleased with your experience. The bed was very comfortable. We would highly recommend this hotel for family or business. Top Notch property.

St Paul, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel was awesome, the room were quite and super comfortable beds. Staff very attentive and helpful especially suggesting various restaurants to dine in the area. Although I'm a Viking fan, Green Bay is a great place to visit. A tour of Lambeau Field is a must!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Bloomington, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We dont travel very much but when if we're driving we usually look for a Hampton Inn as we know what to expect - a good room, good service, a fair price, and a pretty good (and hot) 'free' breakfast in a pleasant, well kept up eating area. This one was easy enough to get to - if you're coming from the right direction (a lot of highway construction going on right now and better highway signage would be nice.) If you haven't checked out a Hapton Inn I suggest giving them a try.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just returned from a few days in Green Bay, July 2-July 5. Decided to stay at the Hampton Inn. Let me start by saying this is a beautiful hotel. It has eye appeal and everyone we ran into working there was pleasant.
Room:
I was traveling with my three kids, so I got one room with two beds.
Usually this works just fine, but the rooms are small, and so the beds are only doubles.
This did not work. I had two kids on the floor the first night. The next morning I asked if there was a larger room I could move into instead. There was not. The hotel only has rooms with two double beds or a king with a sofa bed. I ended up getting the adjoining room and that worked fine. The hotel did give me the Travelocity rate I booked at, but it was still a big expense for a single parent.
The rooms really are nice, and you get a complimentary water and bag of cookies in the room, my kids loved that.
The hotel thought of everything. It is situated right off Highway 41, so there is a lot of traffic and construction noise, but they had earplugs in the rooms. I used these two nights and didn't hear a thing.
Breakfast:
When I book a hotel, it needs to have a breakfast. This hotel offered a hot breakfast every morning. There was oatmeal, waffles, cereal, fruit, breads and danish available each morning. There was also eggs and then two of the days a meat selection. However, on Saturday, there was not a protein selection available. It's a small thing, and not a deal breaker here, but it would be nice to have a meat available each day. Saturday it was eggs and french toast sticks.
Another nice touch was the woman working the breakfast area Thursday. I didn't get her name, but she was great. She came and offered us mints or lemon drops while we were eating breakfast. She also gave my daughter a package of Oreos and then got a couple more for my boys. That kind of thing goes a long way with me.
If you're lucky enough to be around later in the day, they bring out fresh baked cookies.
Pool:
We only used the pool on the last day, but the area was clean, and there were plenty of towels out for anyone to use.
Overall:
I really do like this hotel, it's clean, quiet and everyone working there is pleasant. Unfortunately, I will probably not stay again since one room cannot accommodate my family. If the hotel ever adds a larger room, or bigger beds I will be back. If you are staying with just a couple people, or young kids this would be a great place to stay. It is close to everything, Lambeau Field, Bay Park Square and of course Highway 41 which can get you anywhere quickly.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request something at the front of the hotel. You would...