“Very nice but some minor issues”

Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Green Bay
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Very nice but some minor issues”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel (both times for attending a conference). This stay was very nice and the room was great with the exception of two things. First, the thermostat controller on the wall did not respond to my commands. I guess I was too tired to call down to the front desk for assistance because I just left it on the current setting; it did get a bit cool in the room however. The other issue was the cumbersome shower fixture. It had two shower heads, one fixed, the other with a hose. There was also dial on the wall that turned the shower with the hose on; I couldn't figure out how or if the fixed shower head even worked. The shower head that came on leaked in two places which made a bit of a mess outside the tub even with the curtain closed.

Otherwise, this is a very fine hotel connected to the Oneida Casino (as of January 2014, undergoing some renovations itself, so expect construction). The room I had was clean and very quiet. Most people will like the "Sleep Number" beds and very comfortable pillows. The staff is excellent; very polite, maintains professional appearances, and helpful with my concerns. The facility has numerous bars and restaurants; however, I didn't personally patronize these.

Finally, since it was winter, I utilized the adjacent parking ramp (thank God because it snowed overnight!). It is directly connected to the casino, so if you have a lot of luggage you can use the front entrance and have a bellhop assist you and then you can drive over to the ramp to park. For some, this may be quite a hike so if the weather is pleasant, parking near an entrance would be preferable. The hotel offers valet parking also.

Room Tip: Use the parking ramp in adverse weather
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Ishpeming, Michigan
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My sister and I flew into Green Bay airport and stayed at the Radisson across the street from the airport. Our stay at the Radisson was excellent. The staff is wonderful. Great room, fabulous in room Jacuzzi, and Sleep Number beds. There is a Casino on the premises, we had a great time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here on our trip up to Green Bay. We got an amazing deal on it ($45!) the weekend after NYE. It was just before the blizzard but was cold and windy when we got in. My partner checked in and he said that the staff at check in was confusing and the guy at the desk was on the phone and wasn't particularly polite. Once we found our room in the huge hotel, it was warm and clean. They have sleep number beds in the rooms, which my boyfriend really got a kick out of. You could hear noise from the neighbors. There was a wedding that night in the hotel so they were being loud, but weren't up very late. We both got a great night sleep. Another aspect of the hotel that was particularly fantastic was the hot water. I've never been anywhere that has really hot water without waiting. It was so nice after being out in the cold. We definitely would stay here again. Green Bay isn't a huge city, so even staying out by the airport, it was still very convenient to get into the city and to all the major attractions.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at the Radisson in Green Bay in early January as we were in town for a family event. While this is a large property, we were quite impressed with how easy it was to navigate, and with how it is possible to park near each block of rooms--this was quite important considering the extremely low temperatures outside. The guest room in Tower 2 was well-appointed, and the Prairie style furnishings were a great touch, giving the room a nice, intimate atmosphere.

The king bed in our room was a Sleep Number bed, which was a good opportunity to try out this heavily advertised product. While we probably would not buy this bed for ourselves, it provided a good night's rest, and certainly can be adjusted to accommodate comfortably a variety of sleeping preferences.

The lobby and common areas of the hotel were charming and cozy, and the indoor pool looked very well maintained. The attached casino was under renovation at the time we stayed; hopefully when the renovations are complete it will look a bit more inviting. While the casino allows smoking on the gaming floor, any associated smells did not permeate the hotel areas, in contrast to other reviewers' experiences.

While the property is a 15-minute drive from downtown Green Bay, it is conveniently located near US-41, the principal shopping mall, and Lambeau Field. Considering the amazing price we paid for our room (less than $60 via Priceline), and the overall quality/amenities of the property, we will definitely stay at the Radisson again the next time we are in Green Bay.

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying in one of the towers. It is a short walk to any of these rooms from the parking l...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Houghton, Michigan
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I were traveling through Green Bay and needed a room for the night. We ended up here though a Priceline express deal - $45 (pretax)! What an amazing deal for this place. The room was large with a very nice sleep number bed. The rooms were very clean and warm on a very cold night. My only complaint is that when we arrived there were room service trays outside the doors of some rooms a few doors down. These were still there the next day when we checked out (10 am) and wow, by that time they had started to smell.

I had a nice run in the workout room. Small, but good quality equipment. No free weights and no mats for stretching and/or ab work. Adding a few hand weights and mats would be very nice for travelers.

The staff was very friendly. Overall, a great place and a wonderful stay. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mlp1219
Northern Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My wife and I have stayed in a lot of Hotels with attached Casinos. This is by far the best we have stayed at. When I booked the room, I added on the Great Escape package. This was so worth it! The Hotel staff was very friendly and the check in process was very good. There was a concert going on, so the gentleman checking us in, put us on the top floor away from the noise. The room was wonderful and the bed was VERY comfortable! We had breakfast in the restaurant in the hotel. The buffet was really really good. Had a wide variety of good food, well worth it. Cant wait to go back! Thanks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We had stayed the Friday after Thanksgiving not very busy and the rates were reasonable. The girl at the front desk(wish I could remember her name) was very helpful and polite she had given us a upgraded room which was a VERY NICE room. The room was clean,quiet and large, we have stayed at the Green Bay Radisson many of time and always have had a great time and never any problems.

Room Tip: Any rooms in towers 1&2 those are the newer rooms. Not sure if they have updated the main rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple