“Great hotel”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Ripon
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel is connected to the Oneida Casino. Room was very nice, with comfortable side chairs, updated bathroom and soft and warm lighting. Only thing I wish was the bedding would have been more up scale to match the room. Sleep number bed was nice.Staff friendly and helpful. Pool area was good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel was amazing. We arrived late and were tired but so inspired when we walked through the doors to see an amazing suite. Clean, gorgeous, spacious. An amazing hotel. We had so much room.....it was a shame we were only staying for 1 night.

Room Tip: Right across from the airport
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Steve N, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Green Bay, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your great comments regarding your recent stay with us! We love having you stay with us and look forward to your next visit!

Have a great day!

Steve Ninham
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed on a Saturday and a Sunday night. Tower room with a sleep number bed. Total cost $274. I expected more for that price. Upon entering the room, it had a musty, foul smell. Perhaps the carpet was not deodorized? My wife ended up spraying her perfume around in the room to get rid of the smell. Bathroom was small with a basic tub/shower. Poor water pressure for shower. Other than this, the room was modern and the staff was very polite.

Room Tip: You could probably get a similar room at a better rate at a discount chain. There was no continenta...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Booked a room for a Sunday night stay and was able to check in around 2pm.

Clean and comfortable rooms with updated electronics and sleep number beds. Nice facility that contains a bar/restaurant and is attached to a casino, both are good to have on site since there is really nothing else in the area. Nice fitness room that had all you needed for a good workout. There is plenty of parking but I can see where it would get over crowded when the casino kicked into high gear.

I made my way to the bar/restaurant to grab some cocktails and watch the race, the drinks were reasonably priced but the service is so so. As I sat down I asked for a T.V. be turned on to the race as many of them had college basketball games going (multiple TV's same game). Well into my second drink the race had still not been turned on after asking a second time. The bar was not crowded but there seemed to be some regulars in and the bar tender was talking mostly to them so I felt ignored and left to go elsewhere.

Over all, if you don't get ignored, I would say this place is decent enough for business travelers and gamblers. I may pick somewhere less isolated to stay next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Amery, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We recently stayed two days at the Radisson during the WIAA girls' state basketball tournament which takes place at the Resch Center, and we have nothing but compliments about everything----well, except maybe for the parking; there is a large lot, but when we returned on Saturday evening, we ended up in one the farthest part of the lots, probably 2 blocks away. Otherwise, good handicapped parking next to the hotel. Location is excellent with the Resch Center and Lambeau Field about 3 1/2 miles away, and it is a quick and convenient 3 1/2 miles. And of course, it is virtually across the road from Austin-Straubel Green Bay Airport. Also, attached to the hotel is the Oneida Casino which at that time was undergoing renovation, and not very pleasant. The morning Saturday buffet was excellent---$14.00, but includes all drinks as well as a massive salad bar. Check-in and check-out were quick. The room was a bit small, but we didn't spend much time there anyway, and the hotel had all the expected conveniences---a nice, but somewhat small pool, but a very nice lobby area with a large get-together area. Overall, a very nice place to stay in Green Bay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I'm now on my FIFTH call to the hotel, along with the calls and emails to my organization I belong to, JUST TO BOOK a room and I still don't have a room. I've thrown in the towel with this hotel. I called and said I wanted to book my room for a conference and I was told the conference rooms are booked up. Well, if you are there for a conference at THEIR hotel, why would they only offer so many rooms? it makes no sense to me. The reservation agent was super rude and talked to me like I was stupid, then said there was nothing he could do. I called the main 800 number for Radisson, and there was nothing they could do either. I tried to sign up for the Club Carlson - thought maybe you would get some sort of discount through that, and the website wouldn't work. I called back the 800 number Radisson again and there was nothing they could do about their website either. My organization said to call back to Green Bay Radisson this morning and the problem would be solved and I just went through the same rigamarole, AND got yelled at by a guy in the Sales dept., saying why would I have dialed through to the reservations dept if I was looking for the Sales dept, that I dialed the wrong number. I said I'm not really sure, kinda like why should I have to call 5 times in order to book a room? TOTALLY RUDE STAFF, FROM THE GREEN BAY LOCATION TO THE NATIONAL 800#. Not sure what their problem is but looks like I will be booking across the street, or at the Motel 6, or maybe I will just sleep in my car for all I care at this point!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Todd C, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Green Bay, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as we do apologize deeply for your experience as it is not the standard we strive to uphold here at the property level, it does assist us with our training goals to maintain consistency in our property. It is to my understanding that the Conference in which you will be attending extended the cut-off date to book a room in the block until 7 days prior to the event, which is very generous as our normal group blocks cut-off 21 days prior. I understand issues may arise that inhibit individuals from making reservations in a timely manner, we did unfortunately have to adhere to the 7 day cut-off as we have several events occurring at the property that week and room availability is limited. The Sales Manager who you spoke with on 3/28 did go above and beyond in securing a room for you for the event, as we had a last minute cancellation. We want to thank you for giving the Radisson Green Bay a second chance and we wish you safe travels.
Mary Shaw, Director Sales & Catering; Radisson Green Bay, WI
Trout Creek, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Don't even know where to begin. My family was coming down for a surprise birthday party for my brother- Reserved 3 rooms w/ sleep number beds, checked in, got to room, no sleep number beds in any of the rooms!! Also, rooms were on opposite sides of hotel also even though I had called & booked them all together!! Rooms were dirty, rotten dried cheese in one, clumps of dirt in another. Preauthorized my credit card for over the amount of a 1 night stay & never mentioned it when checking in. Been in contact w/ manager back and forth-really didn't seem like he cared at all, like I was in the wrong-what happened to customer satisfaction? He finally offered free upgrades for the next time we stay there, guaranteeing me sleep number beds, how can he guarantee it when I have a confirmation for them this time & didn't receive them, how will he guarantee me them next time?? And then I would still be paying the beginning rate to them, no thank you, I will look elsewhere when traveling to Green Bay next time!! Will never go back!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Todd C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Green Bay, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Mariann B,

I am truly sorry that my offer of complimentary suite upgrades for you as well as the parties that were traveling with you was not to your satisfaction. I do show that they party that you were traveling with, Robert L was happy with the 50% discount that he received at check out due to the debris he found in his drawer.

Unfortunately, as I explained to you, we have to authorize your credit card when you check in to verify that the funds are available on the account. When you check out, the hold is released if you pay cash. You opted to keep the charges on your Visa card at check out, so this did not happen.

Ms B, I again apologize for the problems and confusion with the credit card. My offer still stands for the suite upgrade and guarantee of sleep number beds for your group. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything that I can do to convince you to try us again and see for yourself that the room cleanliness issue and room type issues are not typical.