“better than expected”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 25 February 2008

Stayed here for a family birthday party. The pool area is very large and they have a nice package plan to accomodate birthday parties. Check in was fast,friendly, and efficent. Nice room with King Bed, mini frig and micro. This is an older property but they seem to do a nice job of keeping it clean and presentable!! I would not want to be the maid that cleans the poolside rooms. My only negative comments are that when I made the reservation I told them I have the entertainment card to get a discount but they said they were not honoring it at this time, I went to the web site, punched in the code and got the discount?? This hotel would be even better if the bar and restaurant would be open!! I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deuceDePereWisconsin

Reviewed 16 December 2007

Stayed here for three nights for a Packers game as did just about all the other residents. Price doubled over the weekend on the second and third nights as a result.

Good check in and all the staff seemed genuinely welcoming and interested in the clients.

Stayed in a twin room on the ground floor which all I can say was clean but nothing special. 25" tv and a small chair in the corner. Fridge and microwave included. Small bathroom again clean and unremarkable.

There is a pool on site which we didn't use but looked well set up and very poular with the families with kids.

Pizza resturant also on site with a bar but this closes at 9pm?? and is closed on Sundays. No problem however as there are shed loads of bars and restaurants within a half mile radius(two excellent pub/restaurants opposite).

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2007

I was mainly searching for a room in the area based on price. They had a really good price and were where I wanted to stay.
I was very impressed by a few things, the room was comfortable, the beds were VERY comfortable. I especially enjoyed the added touch of the soap dispenser in the shower! It dispensed foaming soap! Neat!
Breakfast was nice, more choices than I needed. I had a fresh waffle, and that was a great start to the day.
Lastly, I want to add a few comments on the staff; they were very friendly and welcoming. I felt like I was visiting the home of a friend who wanted to make me feel welcome.
Kevin at the front desk was very helpful, knows the area, and is very willing to offer the extra help needed to make a stay memorable. Too bad they seem to lock him up in the laundry, it keeps him away from the desk, where he really shines!
I was a bit confused by that actually, I was there for a few days, and noticed that the desk staff was ALWAYS in the back room, seeming to ignore the desk. They were friendly enough, so I knew they were not intentionally ignoring their guests, but it turns out they double as laundry attendants!

• Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 11 November 2007

I stayed here with a large group of family. The hotel has some a couple good points but mostly bad points.
Good- the pool area is HUGE and there is a shallow pool for younger children which the kids in our group LOVED and a very large pool for adults. There is also a very nice hot tub. The other good point was the breakfast. It was a good variety and everything tastes wonderful.
Now the bad- The kids wanted to play in the game room which turned out to be quite an experience. First the air hockey table broke and we didnt get a refund. Then the pool table broke and again we didnt get a refund. One of the younger kids won a prize from the claw machine and the teddy bear he won had a garage sale sticker on it!!! someone had put a teddy bear from a garage sale in there and it had obviously had not been washed!! We threw it away immediately. The rooms had a musty smell and one of the reeked like cigarettes. And when we told the staff they seemed not to believe us or not to care.

We were happy to leave the next morning

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank stephyhan
Reviewed 27 December 2006

Spent three nights here with the family - was very pleased. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We ended up testing the staff when the 4-year-old closed the bathroom door while it was locked. Maintenance showed up very quickly and unlocked the door and was glad to do it!

The kids and I loved the large pool - it was never crowded. The game room was lots of fun, too. Our room (a king) was large enough and very clean.

Yes, this place is somewhat older, but the have recently renovated it and it is in very good shape. Our room was quite warm, without having to use the heater. The game room was very warm - okay, too warm.

We were there during a Packers game (beat the Vikings!), so it was sold out a couple of the nights. The only time we noticed this was when one of the two problems occurred. Late night/early morning after the game, a drunk group decided to go swimming and get loud. We called the front desk - they immediately sent the security guard. He got the group settled down and cleared out with a little struggle. I was impressed with how he handled it.

The only other problem was that the front desk said my cousin who was watching the kids during the game would be able to sign a meal at the adjacent restaurant to our room, but was not allowed to at the restaurant - gave a story about too many false signings that night or something.

Free high speed Internet access in the rooms (wired) or in other areas (wireless). Great breakfast buffet - including fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, and make your own waffles, etc.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2006

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Green Bay which is located downtown. It is an older hotel that has been renovated. The room was clean, though the fixtures and style tells you that it is an older building. Does not have alot of business amenities and seemed to cater to families that particular day. The best thing about the hotel is that it is located within walking distance of a number of bars and restaurants. Probably wont stay there again if I am traveling on business but would consider it for a personal trip hotel.

2  Thank herminator
A TripAdvisor Member
IRON MOUNTAIN, MI
Reviewed 6 September 2005

We spent two nights here and had a blast in the pool area, enjoyed the exercise room also. We had requested a non smoking room and when we got back home there was an extra $100 charge on our credit card from here. I inquired and was told that someone from the housekeeping staff said we smoked in there which was NOT true! Our word meant absolutely nothing to them as a customer and the charges are still there. So be careful with giving them your credit card as they can put these bogus charges on it without your permission or even knowledge! It would have been a great hotel if this hadn't happened to us.

• Stayed: August 2005