“Used to come here as a child”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I used to come here quite a bit when I was a child when the place was a Best Western. It seems like the hotel has aged a bit, although the place was nice. The pool area is great. There is a seven foot pool and a 2 foot wading pool. The hot tub is pretty big and there is a little fountain in the center of it. Although I was saddened to see the fountain was not working when I was there.

It is a nice place for a family with kids who like to swim.

Room Tip: Check an online travel site for prices. I paid $120 after taxes, and then I looked online after chec...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gasb107
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear gasb107,
Thank you for visiting the Quality Inn & Suites of Downtown Green Bay.
I am glad to hear you still enjoy your visits after so many years.
We will continue to make upgrades to the hotel. Last year we added new carpet and new 37" HD televisions. This year we will start adding new lighting, curtains and painting.
Thanks again for your comments.
Deb McAllister

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed for New Years Eve. Hotel is outdated, but clean and maintained considering age. Beds were very comfy and I liked pillows, only thing is that pillows were very small and double queen beds were actually not queens but more like fulls. Proximity to St Brendan's, where we were going was great, right across street. Hotel is overpriced, we paid about $125 after taxes. Breakfast was good and included hot and cold items.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank KElizabethD
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Senior Reviewer,
Thank you for your comments. Your opinion is very important to us.
Over the next three years we will be making many improvements to our hotel.
As for the beds they are Serta Prefect Sleepers as required by Choice Hotels.
Thank you again for taking time to help us do a better job.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting daughters at college. The hotel is older but appears to be well maintained and clean. The beds were comfortable but the sofa bed was broken. The pool is inside and our room was a balcony over looking the pool area. The kids loved it. The room did have a bad odor, like rotting food, that seemed to come from the sink in the kitchen area. The other issue we had was the tub was slow to drain, when I called to report it I was told every one had let for the day. I did not eat at the free breakfast but my husband and son did and they had no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KAREN K

Dear Karen,
Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to all the staff at the Quality Inn and Suites in Downtown Green Bay.
Since your visit we have reminded our housekeeping staff at our monthly meeting how important it is to stop and smell the room.
I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. We will do all we can to make sure your next stay is more enjoyable.
Thanks again

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Needed a hotel for one night; many hotels in GB make you stay 2 nights minimum when team is in town but not this one. No thrills room which did the job for us; I think it's a couple miles from the stadium.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mauriciogiankana
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to comment.
We appreciate our guest taking time to tell us how we are doing.
Deb

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Average motel but above avg pool area. Actually 7 ft deepend, used to be a Best Western clerk said.
Good rest after Door county,(don't miss Cave point)
Could not find a skyscraper in GB.
Paid under $70, typical bfast

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank seescokid

Thank you for your comments. We take your feedback very serious and will continue to make positive changes to our hotel.
Deborah McAllister

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel on September 13, 2013. When we checked in, I felt the reception area was very dimly lit and wasn't very welcoming. However, the staff was very friendly and we were just excited to get to our concert that night. When we got to our room, I was REALLY disappointed. Overall, it seemed tired and old. There were new faucets put on the tub and sink in the bathroom, but there was mold along the caulk lines that was really off-putting. The room itself had a very stale smell, so we turned on the AC before we left for the concert. Much to our surprise, when we got back from the concert the smell was EVEN WORSE. I was really glad we only stayed ONE night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alethia S
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Alethia,

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. After reviewing our logbook for the day of and after your stay I did notice the room above yours was fined for smoking. This may or may not be why the smell in your room got worse when turning on the AC as the bathroom exhaust systems are connected. As for the mold on the caulk I am sorry it should not be there.

I do take these comments very serious, use them in monthly training meeting and to make changes in our preventative maintenance program.

Deborah McAllister

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I guess I would lead off by saying that if you're looking for a place that's near the mall and to walk to Lambeau this is not the place. If you are looking for a serviceable place to stay downtown then this is a good option. The property has plenty of amenities - pool, spa, game room for kids, breakfast, decent parking, wireless internet and is pretty clean. The property is, however, rather dated in a number of ways that made it, to me, not the best choice in the area. The cost was slightly less than some of the other properties in the area but the rooms just - aren't as nice. We had a room on the 2nd floor and it had a window to the hallway which meant we couldn't get the room dark, and the same with the window near the air conditioner. We had a hard time regulating the room temperature as well as the unit was underpowered for the room size. The bathroom was nice and appeared to have a recent shower / sink renovation. However, the towels were both small and scratchy. The bath products were also of mediocre quality. The bed was good, but the pillows were tiny and we didn't like them.

The pool and hot tub area were okay, although highly cholorinated. The breakfast had many choices, although the second morning we were there we showed up at 9:40 (breakfast goes until 10 on weekends) and everything hot was gone already so we had to eat out.

The location was good for walking around, the Captain's Walk Winery is right out the back door, St. Brendan's Inn is across the street and another pub next door. We walked down to the Black & Tan for a very nice dinner. There are also a bunch of other bars and food options within a few blocks. We were down for a show at the Weidner, and it took about 10 minutes to get there which was nice.

I think this is a $75 a night place and not a $99, I would have given it a 4 rating if I hadn't known I could have had a room across the street with a jacuzzi tub and a dinner entree thrown in for about $10 more.

Room Tip: pool hours go to midnight and open at 8:30 so rooms around the pool may not work for light sleepers.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple