“Comfort and kindness”

Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Comfort and kindness”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were greeted kindly at the front desk. The room was spacious, although the view was a brick wall. The breakfast area was small. The bed was so comfortable, and the pillows perfect. The bathroom had small shower, but large bathroom. Nice tv, nice microwave and mini fridge.

• Stayed June 2014
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
Your comments are very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I will definitely tell my staff about your comments on our next meeting. Hope to see you again soon!
Deborah McAllister

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Princeton, Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just. No. Avoid this location at all costs. The professional photos posted on tripadvisor are not of the same hotel. Trust the guest photos as they represent the real property. This place is OLD. And not in the charming way. Out dated and very, very ugly. While it is true that that the rooms are clean enough, this is the only nice thing I can say. Our bathroom had mold above the tub due to poor ventilation. The white duvet cover had hairs all over it. (not mine...) When we returned in the evening the room was damp even though we had the a/c on full blast in an attempt to cool the place off for sleeping. The pool was COLD and the hot tub fountain was not working. Ugh! I know I paid $88 for the night. Had I the chance to do things over, I would have paid more to avoid this location. I am sure that back in the day, this was a prime location, but not any longer. The back parking lot had broken bottles and food litter making the limited parking space even worse. Breakfast was fine. Normal hotel fare with under cooked sausage and powered eggs. At least the yogurt was cold, the coffee was hot and the apples were fresh. We won't be back. Ever.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. The hotel is now under a three renovations. I am sorry you were not in a finished room. We have fixed the fountain in the whirlpool. The Quality Inn & Suites has over 200 parking spaces for 89 rooms. I am sorry there was problems with parking during the time you were here. I will share your comments with the staff and we will be better at what we do.
Columbus
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First time at this location. The hotel was clean and located within a short walk of many bars & restaurants and the boardwalk along the Fox River. Could use a makeover but at $71 I can overlook that. The hotel is pet friendly which is important to us traveling with two cats. We did not use the indoor pool, spa and game area but it looks great and we may stop here with our grandson next month. Free breakfast was average good in a nice room with a friendly attendant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Bobjames,

Thank you for the review. All of our guest are very important to us. We agree that we need a face lift. Starting in June, 20 of our rooms are being closed for painting, new furniture and lighting. This process of renovating rooms will continue over the next three years till all 89 rooms are finished. During this time all our guests can expect great service and exceptional cleaning.
Hope to see you again soon.
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I was up for a conference in Green Bay, and I decided to stay at this hotel. I read the reviews before going, so I was expecting the place to be outdated and not fancy. I was right, and that was ok. This place might be a bit outdated, but it is VERY clean. I checked in later in the evening, and the front desk guy was very nice, friendly and informative. He gave me info on restaurants and stuff in the surrounding area. I didn't need this information, but that was nice that he gave it to me. The room was simply decorated, nothing fancy. It had a mini fridge and a microwave which I thought was pretty cool. The room was very clean. It was also facing the street, and I was afraid there would be a lot of traffic noise, but there wasn't. I did wander around the hotel, and the pool area is the best pool area I have ever seen. Very clean and nice. Great place for a pool party! I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but I was impressed by this area of the hotel. I slept well. They have a variety of food for breakfast. They have hot items such as sausage, eggs, eggs with peppers and onions. The lady who checked me out at the front desk was very friendly and nice. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that is staying in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JenniferK549
deborahquality, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Jennifer,
Thank so much for your review. Your satisfaction is very important to all of us at the Quality Inn & Suite Downtown Green Bay.
Starting in April we will be updating some of our rooms, new curtains, lighting, accent walls and much more over the next 3 years.
Thanks again for staying with us.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I used to come here quite a bit when I was a child when the place was a Best Western. It seems like the hotel has aged a bit, although the place was nice. The pool area is great. There is a seven foot pool and a 2 foot wading pool. The hot tub is pretty big and there is a little fountain in the center of it. Although I was saddened to see the fountain was not working when I was there.

It is a nice place for a family with kids who like to swim.

Room Tip: Check an online travel site for prices. I paid $120 after taxes, and then I looked online after chec...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gasb107
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear gasb107,
Thank you for visiting the Quality Inn & Suites of Downtown Green Bay.
I am glad to hear you still enjoy your visits after so many years.
We will continue to make upgrades to the hotel. Last year we added new carpet and new 37" HD televisions. This year we will start adding new lighting, curtains and painting.
Thanks again for your comments.
Deb McAllister
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed for New Years Eve. Hotel is outdated, but clean and maintained considering age. Beds were very comfy and I liked pillows, only thing is that pillows were very small and double queen beds were actually not queens but more like fulls. Proximity to St Brendan's, where we were going was great, right across street. Hotel is overpriced, we paid about $125 after taxes. Breakfast was good and included hot and cold items.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank KElizabethD
deborahquality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Senior Reviewer,
Thank you for your comments. Your opinion is very important to us.
Over the next three years we will be making many improvements to our hotel.
As for the beds they are Serta Prefect Sleepers as required by Choice Hotels.
Thank you again for taking time to help us do a better job.