“Not going back”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Restaurant full with only 2 waitresses. Food cold after very long wait. Limp fries, soggy beer battered fish. Not worth the effort. The place is so loud you cannot hear each other talk.

1  Thank MissyAnne9

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Had dinner here recently. Very nice atmosphere. They seem to specialize in Ruben Sandwiches, but have a nice selection of other sandwiches as well as well as entrees. I am a vegetarian and this was one of the few places in Green Bay that had a separate small vegetarian menu. Whoopee!! I chose the vegetarian Ruben, which comes with a side (like fries or cottage cheese). It was very adequate, if a little cheesy. Another at the table had the beef stew, which was a generous helping. Another had the pot roast sandwich, and said it was a little salty. They have a nice selection of desserts. Had the bread pudding. It was served with a bit of whipped cream and a scoop of ice cream. Service was excellent. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Plus, it has great food! My husband and I have always enjoyed our food here, as well as the atmosphere. Besides the snug for cold evenings, they have added a small deck off the back for once summer arrives. St. Brendan's has the feel much like the Irish pubs we've enjoyed in our travels to Ireland, so we've even made it a tradition to take our travel books to the snug when we've been planning our next trip to Ireland, just to get into the spirit! For our meals, we usually have a starter...for me, always a bowl of Irish root vegetable soup with crème fresh (sp?) (sorry about that...), and my husband usually has a salad or we share mushrooms or a special. As my husband is partial to salmon, he has always enjoyed their salmon, but has also enjoyed all of their other fish dishes. I have always loved a chicken dish they had, and enjoy all of their sides. Of course, there's always Irish music playing, but the atmosphere is often enhanced on weekends by live music. And several times during the year, one of our favorite groups, Gaelic Storm, comes into town and either plays here or at least hangs around for awhile!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Irish pub with pretty little dining room with stained glass windows. I come here for one thing only: Wicklow Pork Tenderloin. It is pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon served with mashed potatoes and veggies drizzled with a garlic cream sauce. Very good, especially on a cold spring night. If rating only the meal and atmosphere, I would have given 5 stars, but service can be hit or miss, and this time our waitress was inattentive and the kitchen slow. We had to ask another waitress for drinks.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for dinner after reading some reviews. Was a freezing night. Not bad. It gets pretty busy so I suggest coming a bit earlier for tables. Food was good. I had the irish samplers of pies. Couldn't finish it. Pretty Heavy...basically mashed potatoes with stew. The beef was pretty good. Unless you're a big eater I suggest you order the cup instead of bowl.