“Wonderful, Friendly Staff”

Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

This resort has the most wonderful, friendly staff I have ever met on vacation. This is a Fairfield Inn, which in my opinion is one of the lower end hotels in the Marriott chain. People who typically stay at Fairfield Inn's will not be disappointed, it is the same size, amenities & quality you typically get at a Fairfield Inn. The staff is what makes this hotel so special, they were wonderful! There are tons of restaurants around this location.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write & submit your review. We are glad you enjoyed the service and amenities we offer and look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pittstown, NJ
Reviewed 19 April 2011

This hotel seems older than it probably is. My room was or is a handicapped room. You could tell there used to be some sort of plaque on the outside of the door. Common areas were nice, but cramped. Pool was small but clean. For the price, there may be newer hotels close by. This hotel is just ok.

• Stayed April 2011
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest, responded to this review, 1 May 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We are sorry we did not make a better impression on you, because we do work hard to meet and exceed the expectations of every guest. We hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your loyalty during your next visit to our area.
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 May 2010

If I am anywhere near Green Bay, I stay at the Green Bay Fairfield Inn. They are always extremely helpful getting the reservation details you need and when you get there, you are always met with a smile. The smell of the fresh baked cookies makes the experience all the better. Staff is helpful, breakfast is great, rooms are clean and fresh but the clincher for me is the soft, soft pillow top bed and pillows of veried degree of firmness. Pick the one you like. I am a Marriott Rewards Elite Gold member and I sincerely mean it when I say the Green Bay Fairfield Inn is one of my favorite stays. There is not a negative I can think of.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Mpls, MN
Reviewed 6 May 2010

The room was very plain and average, the breakfast was the same. Staff and beds were good, but for the price you can stay at a better spot or save the money.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Greeted by friendly front desk staff, with easy check-in and room exactly as requested on an upper floor and in a quiet location. Hotel has many restaurants nearby. Room was clean, the furniture is maybe a little dated. Like the bathroom arrangement with the sink separated from the shower and toilet. Breakfast in a clean area and was typical but adequate for a Fairfield with variety of cereals, muffins, bread, bagels, fresh fruit and yogurt. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2008

I am a frequent traveler and have NEVER had the experience I had at the Fairfield Inn Green Bay, WI.

We stayed Saturday night one night. I had some valuable equipment with me so I always bring it into the room overnight instead of leaving in the car.

Got up Sunday morning and went to church (early) before coming back to vacate the room. We left the "Privacy Please" hanger on the door.

We got back to the hotel at 10:45am after church and found the cleaning lady IN our room going to town stripping the beds, etc. We were stunned as checkout isn't until Noon at this hotel. The "Privacy Please" hanger was STILL on the door, so the first thing is they obviously disregard guest privacy.

My husband calmly asked "where are our belongings", and the woman said "oh we called your room and there was no answer, so we removed all your stuff and it's in the janitors closet down the hall". WHAT?*@! You're kidding right? We've got to be on Candid Camera right?

After retrieving our belongings and equipment (thankfully all there and not damaged), I went to the front desk and demanded an explanation. The front desk clerk was worse than the housekeeper! She sat there and ARGUED with me saying their housekeeping staff cleans early in the day and if they get no answer, they move people out of the room. I told her it wasn't even checkout time for another Hour and 15 minutes and she kept saying "well there was no answer". Thinking back on this, I should have called the police. What an utter invasion of privacy.

We (obviously) will not be back. If you choose this hotel, beware!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank RL91193
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 April 2008

I stayed here a few nights while in town for work. I have found that Marriott hotels tend to be the same and that is what I was hoping for. The front desk staff was polite, my room was very clean and comfortable, and the hotel was very quiet. I love beds and pillows in Marriott hotels and I enjoy the way the room is set up with the bathroom between the bed area and the hallway.

The only bad thing was that I was on the second floor and the person in the room above me sounded like they were coming through the floor. To solve that next time I will request a king bed since they tend to be on the top floor.

• Liked — The beds are so comfy
  • Disliked — Noise from the room above
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)