“Great Staff - Horrible Beds”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Michigamme
“Great Staff - Horrible Beds”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The staff was wonderful. Check in and check out were quick and staff was very friendly. I asked for takeout menus at the front desk and she had several with a wide variety of foods. The lady attendant at breakfast was also very friendly and helpful. While she was cleaning up after breakfast hours I was looking for a little something and she offered to let me into the locked cases if there was anything I wanted.

The room was clean and neat. We stayed on the first floor and could not hear any of the other guests in the hotel.

The reason for the low score is the beds and pillows. They were truly awful. The bed was so hard (we stayed in a king room) that neither my husband or I could sleep. The pillows were too squishy to provide any head or neck support. So despite all the hotels good aspects, we won't stay there again because we couldn't get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I didn't get to see much of this hotel, but what I did see was very nice. New property, clean and updated. I chose it because it was a short drive to the airport with an early morning flight. No problems here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Just completed a one week stay at this hotel and was very impressed with it. The check in was quick and professional .The hotel was spotless. Once in the room the great experience continued. The room smelled fresh and was spotless. The room had a 4cup toffee maker (a vast improvement over the pods) it also had a small fridge which was very convenient. Each day that I returned to the room it was in the same great condition. The housekeeping staff was top notch. Each employee you encountered was friendly and inquired as to how your stay was. The breakfast area was clean and the food was certainly enough to get you going in the Morning. I couldn't tell if the property had been recently remodeled or weather they actually keep it that clean but which ever it was I was extremely impressed with the condition. If you are traveling through the area you can't go wrong in staying at this location.

Room Tip: The hotel is off the road so all rooms should be quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I am actually a front desk associate at a Marriott Vacation Club property in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and my wife and I stayed here last February on part of our honeymoon trip where we had our second reception for family here in Green Bay. I know this review is a little overdue, but both my wife and I were extremely impressed with the TLC that was put into making our stay very special. I believe her name was Laurie along with Lisa and Sam and possibly others who to our surprise decorated our room with rose petals, amazing chocolate chip cookies, a bottle of wine and other little amenities as well. All of the staff here truly went above and beyond even my own perceptions of what the Marriott standard looks like and has inspired me to treat guest with that same standard as well. This was a very memorable part of our honeymoon and we thank you very much for making that special to us.

As far as the furnishings and interior of the building, everything was clean and comfortable. The carpets and furniture were a little dated though. But with the photos I've seen of the finished renovations, everything looks new, fresh and very comfortable.

My wife and I definitely look forward to staying with you all again in the future!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel was a wonderful little gem! On the outside, it appears normal without any signs on the building to even indicate what hotel it is. Despite that, you walk in to homemade chocolate cookies with pink chocolate chips in them for the Breast Cancer Green Bay Packer game this weekend. And they were delicious. The lobby looks brand new, and the rooms have a modern, yet homey feel to them. Each bed came with 4 pillows, two were big and fluffy, and 2 were feather flat ones. It was just the little touches that made this hotel wonderful. It does have a medium-sized pool, a small but nice workout center, and a small hot continental breakfast with scrambled eggs, fresh fruits, waffles, yogurt, sausages, and the usual muffins, bread, cereals, and juices. We stayed in room 322, the beds were kind of firm, yet comfortable, it has a nice flat screen TV with many channels, and the shower head itself was large, new, with different settings on it when turned. We ended up only having to pay $40 because my sister works for Marriott Hotels and got us the discounted rate. This location in particular is perfect when coming to Green Bay as the Stadium is 2 miles away, you are right on the main drag, and there are so many restaurants, shopping stores, and coffee shops literally steps away. There is a Goodwill about 100 yards away that of course I hit up!

In addition to everything else that was wonderful, Sandy the Breakfast Manager was especially awesome. She managed the breakfast bar and was extremely attentive. We asked her about local attractions, and things to do, and after a nice interaction, the conversation ended naturally. She went to the back room, then came back and told us about some additional things we could do (She had gone in back to look them up online), and where to find them. She also provided us with excellent information about back-roads to take to get to the game on Sunday. She was so sweet and really went above and beyond her job to make our stay wonderful. Thanks Sandy!

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled / newer room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I am a fan of Marriott you always know you will get good service. This place has a nice what looks like new lobby. The staff is very nice. The rooms are clean and so is the hotel halls. Nice beds and good service is all you need. Im here for the Green bay game. Its so close to everything. If in green bay give them a try.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe M
Ishpeming, Michigan
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here with my husband and two small children while we were in the area for a Tough Mudder race. I had read the previous reviews on Trip Advisor about the remodeling, but did not see any signs of remodeling in process other than a construcion dumpster in back. The inside did seem very recently and nicely renovated, with a great lobby/breakfast area, and clean and updated rooms. The pool was small but just fine for small kids. The free continental/hot breakfast was great. The location is great as it is right off of 41, but near the mall, Lambeau field, and lots of places to eat. My only minor grievance was I was I wish have tried to get a better deal. Friday night I only saw 2 other cars in the parking lot, so it obviously wasn't very busy and feel maybe I overpaid (non-Packer weekend). Even so, it was a decent value and I would likely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family