“Possibly had my best sleep ever!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Possibly had my best sleep ever at this hotel! Stayed at this hotel during the 4th of July weekend. Drove down from Door County. The place looks like its been recently remodeled. It has a pool and hot tub which we took advantage of and a small workout area. The rooms were cozy, clean and spacious. The prices are actually affordable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

From Checkin to Checkout, every staff in this wonderful hotel did their best to treat us like kings. We were on a road-trip on business and the front desk person was one of the best I have seen. Breakfast waitress was nothing short of 5 stars!! They gave us the best reception at 12:30 am and accommodated our bed preferences during that odd time. Properties like these in small cities make Marriott a special brand. I am not going to think of another place when I travel 25 miles in the radius of this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here for business for 5 nights in mid-March.

Hotel is updated and renovated to the latest Fairfield Inn standards, though you can tell the building itself is old. Though it's been renovated, you can still see some things that were left behind in the renovation, so in some ways, it felt like an incomplete renovation. Some little things like the door jam, furniture, and bathroom fixtures seemed like they were leftovers from the 80s. Room had no real closet, just the area next the vanity/bathroom area. Aside from this, the hotel is very clean. The updated carpets, paint, and flat screen TVs give the hotel a newer, updated feeling.

I didn't have any issue with the bed and slept very well. Hotel didn't seem that crowded, though the last night I was there, the HS Girls basketball tournament was rolling into town. Even then, it didn't seem that loud.

Staff was nice and courteous. Provided cookies each night, which is a nice touch. Location is good, next to a lot of other hotels. Lambeau field is just a couple minutes away and there are lots of restaurants and eating choices nearby.

Exercise room was larger than a lot of the Fairfield's I've stayed out. Had the latest and greatest Lifetime Fitness equipment, always a plus. Didn't use the pool or hot tub, but they looked nice and updated.

Breakfast was typical Fairfield fare - eggs and sausage links, along with continental breakfast items. Also had the microwave breakfast sandwiches. The area seems like it may be small if the hotel is crowded, but each morning I was there, there were only a handful of people there for breakfast so I couldn't really tell.

Overall, a good hotel for business travel. Simple, no frills. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My insurance company booked me here for 4 nights while we restored flood damage in our home. The front desk clerk with an eye roll of impatience was not very accommodating when I returned to ask for another room. We were told we would have a microwave and there was not one. I also requested a quiet location as we may have an extended stay. The 1st room lacking amenities was also in the highest traffic area...between the fitness room and front desk lobby! After relocating to the 2nd floor we were happy with the junior suite. The rest of the staff were quite pleasant and professional during our stay. Bed was comfortable. Housekeeping was very efficient. Pool and fitness room adequate. Continental breakfast was good and staff was very nice serving that amenity. Only other one time, negative experience, was the parking lot had a storm drain in the driveway that was 10 inches below grade and my wife did not see in the dark. This resulted in a car now out of alignment as she fell into it, and scrapping the underside of the front bumper!

Room Tip: Watch out for potholes in parking lot! Check room location before taking luggage there. Definitely d...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
James D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving the feedback on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry that we didn't meet all of your expectations, which is disappointing. I apologize for the experience you had during the check in at the hotel, but I am glad we were able to find a room that worked well for you. This winter has been extremely hard on parking lots and sidewalks here in Green Bay and resulted in some unexpected settling. We are addressing the issue with the parking lot as soon as our cold weather ends.

Again, We appreciate the feedback and hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Best regards,

James Dennis

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Easy access from the highway, lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Just a few blocks from lovely Lambeau Field! The staff was courteous and the breakfast selection was great. Very comfortable beds and clean top to bottom. If you are in the mood for Italian check out Old Chicago. Yummy!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Fast and easy check in, w/handicap accessible room. Breakfast Friday a.m. was awesome, in spite of approx 150 people checking in at 7:00am. and completely filling the lobby and breakfast area. I did not get the name of the gal working the breakfast area, but she was hustling, and did an excellent job of keeping everything filled, as well as clearing off and cleaning the tables and finding us places to sit.

The manager that was present was also extremely accommodating and went out of his way to locate an easy chair and on ottoman, and had it delivered to our room.

The hotel has been recently renovated and looks absolutely lovely. The lobby and breakfast area are extremely inviting, with nice, bright colors. The same with the rooms, all newly renovated. The hotel website indicates that renovations will be going on through May of 2014, but we saw no evidence of construction, and were thoroughly impressed with the change. We stayed here about a year ago and it seems like an entirely different location!

Everyone we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to make our stay perfect.

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the pool and across from the elevator; in spite of that, we did not hear...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The staff was wonderful. Check in and check out were quick and staff was very friendly. I asked for takeout menus at the front desk and she had several with a wide variety of foods. The lady attendant at breakfast was also very friendly and helpful. While she was cleaning up after breakfast hours I was looking for a little something and she offered to let me into the locked cases if there was anything I wanted.

The room was clean and neat. We stayed on the first floor and could not hear any of the other guests in the hotel.

The reason for the low score is the beds and pillows. They were truly awful. The bed was so hard (we stayed in a king room) that neither my husband or I could sleep. The pillows were too squishy to provide any head or neck support. So despite all the hotels good aspects, we won't stay there again because we couldn't get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple