“Not pleased”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Iron River, United States
“Not pleased”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My visit was for a medical reason in Green Bay, I was told I received a discount for the two nights. Breakfast was not included, the discount was not much at all. When I went to the Inn's website, I found that the normal rate for that room was even less the following week. I questioned a person at the desk about this, I was told it all depends on when you call for a room. This doesn't seem right to me. I inquired about the complimentary breakfast and was told that my rate did not include breakfast, but 1 week later for a lesser rate it would include breakfast,it seems your policy needs some changes!!!! I am a 100% disabled American. Not looking for pity, just fairness..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Zeb B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest survey. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I noticed that your stay fell short of your expectations. I do apologize that the rate discount may not have been what you may have expected. It does look like we did get it applied for you as the hospital visitors rate. Our rates are based upon availability and it looks like you stayed with us during a weekday. Weekdays at our hotel are the busiest as we are a business travel hotel. The rate for the following week with a breakfast discount may have been cheaper due to the total amount of available rooms at the time, as well as any events that may be taking place.I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused, as I do understand sometimes you do not have the option to book a hotel room in advance due to unforeseen circumstances. I again apologize for all the troubles during your stay and I am very glad we were able to get in touch with you to resolve these matters.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Good deal, clean room, The pool was very nice. The breakfast was good and the hotel has clean. My only addition/suggestion is that rooms should have DVD players. This caused me some issues, but overall still a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Zeb B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate hearing from you. I am pleased to see you overall enjoyed your stay. I do however apologize that are fitness facility was not up to par during your stay. We do like you mentioned have an affiliation with an outside facility, If we have the available staff we would be more then happy to provide you transportation there if ever you needed it in the future. We do hope you choose to stay with us again and again thank you.
Naperville, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Attention Hilton Honors members select a different hotel. This hotel is out dated and does not have any upgraded rooms or special amenities. Coffee is only available in the morning, the breakfast is under par and very limited.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

JenniferWooldridge, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your stay with us. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We have changed some of our amenities and do serve coffee all day long. We have done some remodeling to the rooms and are looking to get new lighting and furniture in just a few short months. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy our breakfast as well. We do have the Chef-made-to-order including many choices for our guest's to choose from. I hope that you do come back and visit to see some of the changes we have made.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Easy parking, nice room. Downside is workout room is bad. 2 machines and one is out of order. They have a reciprocal workout to a local gym. realized too far away and would not travel there. Lobby is really nice. Staff wonderful. Would probably stay again except for workout facilities.

Room Tip: Did not purchase breakfast. No free breakfast here. Smelled great but cannot comment. Really big...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
JenniferWooldridge, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review from your stay. I'm glad that you found the parking and lobby nice and the wonderful comment about the staff. I do apologize for the fitness center and the equipment in there. It is a smaller workout facility but we are looking into how we can expand it for more equipment.

Thanks again for staying and hope to see you soon.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I was impressed with your staff at this hotel. Knowledgable, friendly, helpful, and was in town on a very stressful business presentation, and was put at ease with your staff. Location was excellent, close to the airport, and to the history of Lambeau and the Packers, even though I am not a Packer fan, I was surprised how much I enjoyed the whole experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your stay with us last year. I'm so pleased to hear about our staff members and how they were helpful and knowledgeable. It's wonderful to hear positive comments about the staff that we can share with them directly about the impact they have on guests.
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Whenever we come to Green Bay to visit family we always stay at the HGI. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Good internet connection. Centrally located to malls, restaurants, local attractions and also good old Lambeau Field. And the breakfast is good along with the coffee and those cookies that are always delish!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us again. I'm so pleased to hear that you are such loyal guests of ours and enjoy our location and amenities. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!
Waunakee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel is typical Hilton quality with large quiet rooms and a great atmosphere. The breakfast was very pricey ($9) for either just a plain continental (which is free at Hampton Inns), or an actual made to order breakfast ($12). It's convenient, but would have been cheaper to go to a Denny's.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your previous stay with us last year. I'm glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms. I do apologize for the breakfast. As a Hilton Garden Inn, it is brand standard that we charge for breakfast.
I'm glad that you did enjoy your stay and hope you come back to visit!