“Deceptive”

Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here many times. Always a good place. This visit mystified us. We ALWAYS have had a free continental breakfast. Not this time. I had toast coffee and my wife had a small bowl of oatmeal with coffee. They also have a full hot menu which we did NOT order from. No wait to be seated signs or price list at either the cold or hot stations. They charged us for the continental and refused to see my point about staying there and never before having to pay. Very rude front desk supervisor. Very deceptive. I will lean on not going back because of 2 10.00 continentals. They could have cared less. Oh well, nice hotel but.....

• Stayed: October 2013
JenniferWooldridge, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your stay with us. I do apologize for the confusion with breakfast. It is a Brand Standard that Hilton Garden Inn properties do have to charge for breakfast whether it is cereal and pastries or omelettes and hashbrowns. We have made a few changes in the breakfast area to better feature this so that we limit the confusion. Again I do apologize for the confusion but hope that you do come back to visit us again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The rooms were quiet and clean. Keurig coffee makers in every room! The staff was exceptional. I added breakfast to my stay and it was great. I could order as much as I wanted off the ala carte menu. Good quality and excellent service. The pool area was clean and had plenty of chairs. It was nice to have the business center and wifi in the rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your positive comments on your review of your hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities in the rooms that we have to offer. The keurigs are new and it's nice to have those in each room to make it feel a little bit more like home. Same goes for breakfast. It's always nice having breakfast made-to-order for our guests.

Thanks again for staying with us and come back to visit again soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This HGI is in the shadows of Lambeau. If you happen to be staying after a Packer home game, expect the hotel to experience issues from trying to clean up from a weekend of partying. I would think twice about staying here again during football season, but from February to August, will stay for sure. The staff was friendly and efficient, the breakfast was as expected, and the location is a quick 5 minute drive to downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and for you previous stay with us. I'm sorry to hear about the pick up of the hotel after a Packer game. We do have all hands on deck during and after games to make sure that we are ready to go for the following day. I'm glad that it was a pleasant stay for you and hope you come back to visit us.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great hotel, staff is awesome. Within walking distance of Lambeau and pretty much everything else too (Brett Farve Steakhouse in backyard). A stand up place would definitely recommend. My only complaint, paying huge, gouging room rate to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location in town and the closeness we have around us from Brett Favre to Lambeau. We do have the higher rates for Packer games happening in town but glad that the staff was welcoming and helpful for you.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here last week for 1 night. Got there late but staff were efficient and friendly recommending the only food serving bar which was next door that was open.
My room was great, the breakfast area in the morning looked fantastic, but as I had a 6 am meeting I had to pass. Will definitely return when I am in Green Bay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

I'm glad to hear that the front desk staff was efficient for you at all hours and were helpful in helping you local food at a late hour. Hopefully next time you are in the area you stay with us again and perhaps get the chance to try our breakfast in the morning. Thank you for your previous stay with us.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Clean, quiet, and friendly staff. Rooms were well laid out. Parking was easy and available. Check in was fast and efficient. Close to Lambeau field but not too close to post-game celebrations. Expensive on game weekends but worth the proximity and ease of entry/exit. Would appreciate an airport shuttle for the price. Fitness center was bare ones. Pool and hot-tub were clean and easy to access.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that checking in was easy and efficient and that the rooms were accommodating for you. I do apologize for the airport shuttle. We are looking into getting extended hours since it is 8am-5pm currently that way we can better accommodate more guests that have earlier and later flights.
Thank you for your comments about the hotel and hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here the first week of August for three nights to explore the Green Bay area. From the time we pulled into and then out of the parking lot after our stay, the only word that best describes this hotel property is "average".

Being that we have stayed at many Hilton properties, this location doesn't seem to live up to the typical standards that one should expect from Hilton Worldwide. The property appears that it was originally designed for the business executive or the family that expects something more. But the truth of the matter is that this property is tired and in need of a complete refresh in every area.

The Hilton image also took a beating for us one morning. As we exited the south parking lot door, we were greeted by a young girl (who apparently had too much "fun" the night before) throwing up into the bushes outside the door.

When a typical Hampton Inn (also a Hilton property) exceeds the upper echelon brand, there needs to be a closer look taken.

Room Tip: Didn't see all the rooms, but confident they are all "average".
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the average feel that you encountered during your stay with us. We are a much older hotel, the 5th Hilton Garden Inn ever built in 1999 so we are recently updating many of the features that made the hotel a little dated. We are targeted more towards business travelers during the week but families during the weekends.
I sincerely apologize for the guest that we outside from too much 'fun' the night before. It is not our intention to have others reflect our property in that way.