“Comfortable beds. Dark decor”
Review of Hotel J Green Bay

Hotel J Green Bay
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Brookfield, WI
“Comfortable beds. Dark decor”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed for a weekend at the Airport Settle Inn. The beds were very comfortable. We had a queen executive business room which meant one queen bed, a queen sofa bed, a fridge, microwave, and desk (which was actually a formica top, kitchen cabinets, and an office chair). The room was very dark and could use additional lighting by the bed. The curtains had a few holes in them. The room did not have a closet although you could hang items from a coat rack in the corner. The sink/vanity was outside of the tub/toilet area which was nice. The vanity was very small; we had very little room to put our toiletries on it. The hallways were very dark with worn carpeting. The breakfast was average. I had the make your own waffle both days. The walls must be very thin; we heard the child crying in the room next to us and the conversations very clearly. We ate at the sports bar, Duzzi's, across the street. The food there was very good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
April B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel J Green Bay, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Airport Settle Inn. We welcome all guest feedback, as it helps keep us on track to provide the best possible service. I would like to apologize if your stay was anything less than satisfactory. We are working up updating the carpeting, decor, and lighting. I am glad to hear that your bed was comfortable! If you would like to further discuss your stay, you may contact me directly. Thank you again for your review; we hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

920-499-1900

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My family stayed here for one night in July during a busy travel time. Our flight out of Green Bay was cancelled, and the airline put us up here until our rescheduled flight the next day. I will say that the people working at the Settle Inn were very nice and friendly. But the facility itself is so ugly and depressing, it made the last day of our stay extremely sad. The carpet is old and dirty, the rooms are so dark that you can barely read in them, the paint on the walls is dingy and dark. And twin beds?!? In this day and age, what hotel had twin beds?!? The long, darkly lit hallway was also sad, with old, weird wallpaper and strange yard-sale furniture. I suspect that this building used to be senior citizen rest home. It made me want to cry.

The front desk folks talked up the fresh, delicious breakfast offered to all patrons, but it wasn't much to brag about. A make-your-own wafflemaker (not a new thing these days) was the only "hot" or "fresh" item. Other than that it was toast and cold cereal. Not even fruit, yogurt or fresh muffins.

There is no other food on the premises, but there is a McDonalds next door and a Tony Roma's across the street. There are vending machines in the facility, but all but one were broken when we were there. Sad, sad, sad.

Room Tip: There are other hotels near Green Bay airport.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all feedback from our guests so we can understand how to best serve all of our guests. I am sorry to hear that your stay failed to meet your expectations. We are working on updating the hotel's carpeting and decor. I can guarantee however, that this property was never a senior citizen rest home. The rooms with the twin beds are handicapped accessible rooms; the twin beds allow for more space and mobility for those in wheelchairs. Typically, our standard rooms do come with two queen sized beds. If you needed two beds, but the rest of our standard rooms were full, that is where you might have been placed in a room with two twins. I apologize if this was not up to your standards, and should you choose to stay with us again, please contact me directly and I will make sure to put you in a room with larger beds. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay and if you would like to further discuss your stay, you may contact me directly.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Had a great breakfast and a great lady keeping food stocked. Can not hear airplanes landing but kids loved to watch. Beds could be better fun swimming pool. We got a great price and ate diner right across street at Tony Roma's, also there's a McDonald's next door..

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your time at the Airport Settle Inn! We would like you to know that we are in the process of updating the beds. Thank you again, and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Sagola, Michigan
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here on June 28th, we were celebrating our 28th anniversay. I purchased a coupon for a room here that said the value of the room is $139 to try and save money. That was a mistake, as they put us in a room so small that if we wanted to sit on the extra chair our heads would be in our coats as the only place for the chair was under the coat rack and the bathroom was the size of a small closet. But that was not the worst of it! In the morning atleast a hour before check out we had a maid walk in on us with out even knocking. She did apologize when she seen us, but then another 10 minutes later another maid (at least she knocked) came to our door saying oh I thought you guys were checked out. They then said that some one had circled the wrong room number as being able to clean. Wouldn't you think after walking into the room without knocking the first time and someone still in there you would fix the paperwork that the people are not checked out. When I told them at the front desk they didn't even seem to care. I would not recomend any one to stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
AprilS81, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel J Green Bay, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Hello from the Airport Settle Inn,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We do value all feedback so we can understand how to best serve you and all of our guests. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I understand that there was an error made in housekeeping, and I would like to apologize for that. The privacy of our guests is very important to us, and we have done some retraining of our housekeeping staff to ensure that this does not occur again. I would like to further discuss your stay and see what I can do for you to resolve this issue. If that is something you are interested in, feel free to contact me directly at your convenience. Once again, I apologize for any issues you encountered during your stay, and would like to thank you once more for writing this review. I hope to hear from you soon.

aselissen@settle-inn.com
Milwaukee
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed in the Family Suite, which is the perfect option for a small group. The living room/kitchen area gave us room to relax and play games. Very nice to have a place to sit and put all of our things instead of being cooped up in a traditional hotel room. The pool was clean. The continental breakfast wasn't anything special, but we all filled up. They had a choice of cereals, juices, pastries, waffles and hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor! We appreciate all feedback as it keeps us aware of how we're doing to be able to best serve you and all of our guests. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in our Family Suite and that we were able to meet all of your needs. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I have Family in Green Bay, but during my last several visits I have chosen to stay at the Settle Inn for numerous reasons, including the location, price, cleanliness and WORLD CLASS Staff.
The most recent trip was due to my Brother-in-law's open heart surgery and the CARING Staff were a HUGE boost throughout and especially, at the end of some very long, exhausting days.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
AprilS81, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel J Green Bay, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Hello from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor - guest feedback is always appreciated as it helps us ensure we are providing the best possible service to our guests. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us, and also that we were able to help you through some tough days. We hope to see you again in the future; thank you again!

April Selissen
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My wife and I don't use all the services offered. We've been going there for years and we like it. The rooms are always clean and the continental breakfast is more than enough. It's close to the Oneida casino. They have many types of rooms to offer. I would recommend the Settle Inn to anyone.

Room Tip: I use a cane and usually request a room near the breakfast room. Two double beds works for us. You...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
AprilS81, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel J Green Bay, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Greetings from the Airport Settle Inn,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. Guest reviews like yours help us to provide the best possible service for all of our guests. We are very glad to hear you and your wife have enjoyed your stays with us, and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

April Selissen