“The staff was AWSOME!”

Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Manistique, Michigan
“The staff was AWSOME!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had reservations for another place that we were unable to stay. They recommended Country Inn and Suites and I am glad they did!! From the moment we walked in the staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk area was welcoming with a nice sitting area with a beautiful fireplace. The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The pool area was nice also. The breakfast was GREAT:) When I got home I realized I forgot my favorite pillow at the hotel. I called them the very next day and they told me the pillow was found by housekeeping and that they would ship it to us that very day!! I am extremely happy with the whole stay!! Will definitely stay with them again!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Usa
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here two nights last week and was more than pleased. Their friendly staff greeted us with a smile and went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied. My room was spotless and woke up well rested. The included delicious breakfast was more like a buffet than a continental breakfast. I'd stay there anytime!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Green Bay
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I paid over $250 for two rooms for my disabled daughters birthday party. We had 8 special needs kids, of which the manager was aware of their issues before we even booked. Upon arriving everything was wonderful. Front desk staff was great, the staff member cleaning the breakfast room was fantastic (I believe her name was Anna) and everything was well within our expectations. Then a team or several teams of kids from West Bend showed up and that was the end of what started as an enjoyable hotel stay.
Why I am blaming the hotel is as follows. There are signs posted in the pool area about glass bottles, alcohol, running etc. This group of parents was another one of those who raise their children under the guise "that rules don't apply to them". It's bad enough that the children(mostly boys) were unruly and never cared about the safety of anyone around them but the majority of the parents were the same way. They were walking around with glass beer bottles, crushing cans and throwing them at garbage cans and laughing while their children were making conditions unsafe for others.
One of the girls that was with us got nailed in the face by a wet football. Prior to this happening I and other hotel guests complained to the front desk about the behaviors of this group and were told matter of fact "that there wasn't anything they could do because they had a full house". She offered to give me a reduction on my rate (which she didn't because I prepaid) but offered very little else.
She apparently notified one parent that they were getting complaints and that parents made it seem like no big deal but asked the kids not to run in the hallways. Their running in the hallways was the least of it.
The noise until after midnight was inexcusable. Kids running up and down the halls, parents having loud conversations and laughing, slamming doors. It was horrible.
The hotel had a responsibility to it's other "paying guests" to follow through and ensure the pool area was safe, the capacity limit was being met, there was no alcohol and that the glass containers were removed. They did none of it. Those parents may want to raise their children in that kind of environment but we don't.
It was also completely selfish when the parents allowed the kids to open the outside doors leading to the pool area, run out jump in the snow and then run back in while letting the cold air permeate the building. Our kids including my own daughter are medically fragile and that was the final straw.
We retreated back to our room and I called a couple of other hotels that I have stayed at to see if we could move but they didn't have rooms available. We were then forced to stay in our rooms for the remainder of the evening, which was from about 8:00 PM on.
The kids were tired and ready for bed by about 10:30 but there was no sleeping for any of us before 12:30 AM. The hotel staff failed miserably in enforcing their own so called rules.
I will not stay their again unless there is some extenuating circumstance, Green Bay has a host of better run hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pandorastwin
Lee F, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
I am sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced as we also had a large group occupying the hotel at the same time as your daughter's birthday party. Thank you for taking the time to discuss this with me today. I am glad we were able to come to a resolution. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. Lee, General Manager
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Walked to our room, it was smelly and stained. We turned around and left. When I travel somewhere I expect it to at least be clean. I have stayed at other Country Inn's that were better maintained.
The parking lot was also empty at 9:00 at night, which should have been a clue that even during the busy Thanksgiving weekend no one was staying here.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Corporate Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
We want to sincerely apologize if you felt the property wasn't being maintained during the holiday. We will certainly forward your comments to the housekeeping department at the hotel to ensure that the cleaning lists are being done to the best of our ability. We hope you have a wonderful holiday, and that we get a chance to see your family again in the future!
Geneseo, Illinois
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great place to stay for Packers game. Rooms are comfortable and clean, the facility is well maintained. The hotel staff is very good. Liked the mini-fridge in the room as well. AM breakfast had wide variety of choices and is ok. The The hotel is in close proximity (approximately 1 block) to the free shuttle service to Lambeau Field. Looking forward to another Packer game and staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deah
Jamestown, North Dakota
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a very pleasant surprise staying at the Green Bay Country Inn & Suites. The lobby is nicely decorated and there is a separate children's pool with a water slide in the shape of a frog and a water fountain for children to play. There is also an adult pool and separate jacuzzi. There is a washer and dryer if you need one too.

The rooms are very spacious, we stayed in a king room with a spacious sitting area that had a sofa. The staff was very helpful and nice. The continental breakfast alright, they ran out of some of the foods about 30 minutes before they were supposed to close so get there early if you want to have all the choices they offer.

Nice surprise and a really good experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Very nice hotel. Staff was great. Special thanks to the manager Lee who helped us find accomodations when I made the reservation for the wrong weekend. It was our family's first Packer game and when we realized the dates were wrong I called the hotel, worried. He and the staff went out of their way to make sure we found 2 rooms. They were great.
The hotel is very clean and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family