“Great and helpful”

Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Port Washington, Wisconsin
“Great and helpful”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a relatively inexpensive place to stay and this place turned out to be great! The manager (Lee) was very helpful and attentive. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable (especially after staying in a very cheap motel). The pool was fun and the whirlpool was a great place to unwind after the day. The breakfast was really good and there was a huge variety!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lancaster, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked another stay at Country Inn & Suites while I was in town for training. I had another great stay. I arrived to find out that they were over booked which made me nervous until they told me that they were going to upgrade me to a whirlpool suite room.

The room was amazing. The staff was wonderful. The hotel is close to the highway so you will have to deal with the road noise even with your windows close (something to think about.) I heard it a few times but since I grew up close to this hotel, it did not bother me but if you live in the country this might bother you. As far as noise from in the hotel I could not hear anyone but if you were there during Packer weekend I am sure you would have more noise from guests. I was there during the week in July - the hotel was booked but I could not hear anyone.

Breakfast - they have a lot of options. The hot items vary, one day was scramble eggs, sausage links and the next day was a Mexican omelet and bacon. They also have cereal, bread, donuts, bagels, fruit and waffles. They offer coffee, tea, milk, orange juice, lemonade and apple juice. I believe there are a few more items besides what I listed.

I would recommend this hotel and will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I travel for work throughout the great state of Wisconsin...a lot. I am always happy to stay at the Country Inn and Suites of Green Bay--Allied St. Clean rooms, friendly staff--front desk and cleaning staff, close to Lambeau and my work, a Starbucks down the street--what more could you want?!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I were traveling to upper Michigan and used this hotel as a good place to spend the night according to other Trip Advisor folks. We were not disappointed. Our check-in was smooth, our King Deluxe was a two room, bedroom area and living room area. Everything worked well, the staff was super and the breakfast in the morning was a good Hot Breakfast, with taste sausage. The only downside was the pool that evening was too cold for us and the hot tub was too hot. Otherwise, we highly recommend this Country Inn as a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Manistique, Michigan
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had reservations for another place that we were unable to stay. They recommended Country Inn and Suites and I am glad they did!! From the moment we walked in the staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk area was welcoming with a nice sitting area with a beautiful fireplace. The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The pool area was nice also. The breakfast was GREAT:) When I got home I realized I forgot my favorite pillow at the hotel. I called them the very next day and they told me the pillow was found by housekeeping and that they would ship it to us that very day!! I am extremely happy with the whole stay!! Will definitely stay with them again!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Usa
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here two nights last week and was more than pleased. Their friendly staff greeted us with a smile and went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied. My room was spotless and woke up well rested. The included delicious breakfast was more like a buffet than a continental breakfast. I'd stay there anytime!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Green Bay
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I paid over $250 for two rooms for my disabled daughters birthday party. We had 8 special needs kids, of which the manager was aware of their issues before we even booked. Upon arriving everything was wonderful. Front desk staff was great, the staff member cleaning the breakfast room was fantastic (I believe her name was Anna) and everything was well within our expectations. Then a team or several teams of kids from West Bend showed up and that was the end of what started as an enjoyable hotel stay.
Why I am blaming the hotel is as follows. There are signs posted in the pool area about glass bottles, alcohol, running etc. This group of parents was another one of those who raise their children under the guise "that rules don't apply to them". It's bad enough that the children(mostly boys) were unruly and never cared about the safety of anyone around them but the majority of the parents were the same way. They were walking around with glass beer bottles, crushing cans and throwing them at garbage cans and laughing while their children were making conditions unsafe for others.
One of the girls that was with us got nailed in the face by a wet football. Prior to this happening I and other hotel guests complained to the front desk about the behaviors of this group and were told matter of fact "that there wasn't anything they could do because they had a full house". She offered to give me a reduction on my rate (which she didn't because I prepaid) but offered very little else.
She apparently notified one parent that they were getting complaints and that parents made it seem like no big deal but asked the kids not to run in the hallways. Their running in the hallways was the least of it.
The noise until after midnight was inexcusable. Kids running up and down the halls, parents having loud conversations and laughing, slamming doors. It was horrible.
The hotel had a responsibility to it's other "paying guests" to follow through and ensure the pool area was safe, the capacity limit was being met, there was no alcohol and that the glass containers were removed. They did none of it. Those parents may want to raise their children in that kind of environment but we don't.
It was also completely selfish when the parents allowed the kids to open the outside doors leading to the pool area, run out jump in the snow and then run back in while letting the cold air permeate the building. Our kids including my own daughter are medically fragile and that was the final straw.
We retreated back to our room and I called a couple of other hotels that I have stayed at to see if we could move but they didn't have rooms available. We were then forced to stay in our rooms for the remainder of the evening, which was from about 8:00 PM on.
The kids were tired and ready for bed by about 10:30 but there was no sleeping for any of us before 12:30 AM. The hotel staff failed miserably in enforcing their own so called rules.
I will not stay their again unless there is some extenuating circumstance, Green Bay has a host of better run hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pandorastwin
Lee F, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
I am sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced as we also had a large group occupying the hotel at the same time as your daughter's birthday party. Thank you for taking the time to discuss this with me today. I am glad we were able to come to a resolution. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. Lee, General Manager