“Excellent deal! Pool open 24 hrs and great breakfast!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Excellent deal! Pool open 24 hrs and great breakfast!”
Reviewed 17 June 2010

A very nice surprise for the cost! Breakfast was excellent and it was very convenient that the pool area was open 24 hours! Great deal! Convenient location.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Twin Cities, MN
Reviewed 16 March 2010

This is a hotel that is definitely striving to be more. I have stayed at other hotels in this chain and although those experiences were adequate this was much more. When I entered the room I received a phone call welcoming me and letting me know that if there was anything I needed to feel free to contact the front desk, the kind of service I have received at upscale hotels but never at this chain. The breakfast served in the morning was a welcome start to what for me was to be two incredibly long days.

Although all of the above was quite nice what pushed me to want to write this review was the fact that I discovered when I got home that I had left a rather expensive article of clothing in a dresser drawer. Since I live about 4 hours away it was not a situation where I could simply drive back to retrieve them. I called the hotel Monday morning, spoke with Matt at the front desk giving him my room number (which I had wrong) and a description of the article letting him know that I expected to pay for shipping were they to find my things. He called me back in a short time to get my address and said that they would go out in the mail the next day and that I need not worry about the shipping costs. I was ecstatic.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Liverpool
Reviewed 30 August 2009

We stayed two nights in August. The place seems to be fairly new. It is very well maintained, the room was light and airy, it had a microwave as well as a fridge.
The free breakfast was good, lots to choose from its just a shame that you have to eat off paper plates with plastic cutlery.
There was a good sized fun pool for the family. The freeway was only minutes away and the hotel was very easy to find. Couldn't really fault the palce.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
UP
Reviewed 4 March 2009

Staff friendly and helpful. This place really needs good house keeping go- over! I had to clean things so I felt comfortable. I could smell smoke and prefume on the sheets and pillows cases. I will not go back!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
Westfield, Indiana
Reviewed 10 September 2008

The only minor drawback was the chlorine smell in the hallway from the pool; however, the pool area was very nice, well maintained and a popular attraction.

Nice, clean room. Comfortable bed. Close to the airport, casino and convenient on and off of the highway; just a little distant from Lambeau. Decent breakfast selection and the lady in charge was excellent at continually ensuring the area was clean and well stocked. The whole facilty was very well maintained. The staff was very friendly, outgoing, informative and helpful. In general, a good choice.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 1 October 2007

Nice newer hotel convenient to the airport, Packers Field, and Fox River. Free high speed internet, free breakfast and 24 hour swimming pool and hot tub!

They are clean rooms. The only NEGATIVE is the smoking rooms are VERY smokey! They were out of nonsmoking rooms and I had to settle for a smoking one and had to open both windows and spray everything down with Fabreze to kill the smell.

Otherwise, a great hotel. I would definately stay here again.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank ScottBanks
Atlanta
Reviewed 27 July 2007

This is our second stay at this Country Inn. We made a reservation during a special event and were surprised at their liberal cancellation policy. While prices were higher than other times, they did not double like some other hotels in the area. Then we could also cancel the rest of our stay any day before noon. They knew they could rent the room. But others had cancellation penalties.

The rooms are perpendicular to the highway so I don't know if any are noisy, but we asked for quiet and were given the back on second floor. No noise but couldn't open window unless wanted aroma of Indian restaurant. A/C works well. Wireless in room.

They really try to make the bed soft, stuffing a pillowtop and a mattress pad under the sheet, creating quite a bulge that we had to straighten out before getting into bed. Room is adequate size with a floor lamp with reading chair, desk with chair, microwave and refrigerator with small counter. Tub has the rounded shower curtain rod so is roomy.

Only complaints on the housekeeping. They need to bleach/scrub the tub bottom as it shows some grime. Our floors needed to be vacuumed, but wasn't done either of the two days of housekeeping.

Breakfast offered waffles, sausage, eggs, gravy, biscuits, yogurt, fruit, cereal, and breads.

Country Inns has started a reading program with a few books in the lobby for you to borrow. Nice idea, but not sure if you'd find something you'd like.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Metwo3