“EXCELLENT customer service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 9 November 2010

When we arrived, we found out our 2 rooms were booked far apart rather than together....no big deal for us, but the attractive receptionist proactively said, "lets see if we can put these rooms next to each other". She juggled things around and was able to do so. Then the manager found out we were going to walk almost 2 miles to get to the local Buffalo Wild Wings to watch football games and offered us a ride....AWESOME. They bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 October 2010

Great hotel for the price. It was very clean and had a nice "homey" feel to it. I loved they provided coffee 24x7 and often had cookies out for a snack. The only improvement would be additional adjoining rooms. The hotel has them but they were already booked.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2010

My 'no smoking' room was a smoking room that the inn had converted to no-smoking in july after the statewide ordinance went into effect. i told the front desk that my room smelled badly of smoke and the person on duty said it was formerly a smoking room. she said they had dry-cleaned the curtains and steam cleaned the carpet. obviously, this isn't enough to get rid of the foul smell. i'm guessing carpets have to be replaced, as well as wallpaper, etc. and because they were full, they couldn't give me another room. otherwise the hotel is fine.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2010

A very nice surprise for the cost! Breakfast was excellent and it was very convenient that the pool area was open 24 hours! Great deal! Convenient location.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2010

This is a hotel that is definitely striving to be more. I have stayed at other hotels in this chain and although those experiences were adequate this was much more. When I entered the room I received a phone call welcoming me and letting me know that if there was anything I needed to feel free to contact the front desk, the kind of service I have received at upscale hotels but never at this chain. The breakfast served in the morning was a welcome start to what for me was to be two incredibly long days.

Although all of the above was quite nice what pushed me to want to write this review was the fact that I discovered when I got home that I had left a rather expensive article of clothing in a dresser drawer. Since I live about 4 hours away it was not a situation where I could simply drive back to retrieve them. I called the hotel Monday morning, spoke with Matt at the front desk giving him my room number (which I had wrong) and a description of the article letting him know that I expected to pay for shipping were they to find my things. He called me back in a short time to get my address and said that they would go out in the mail the next day and that I need not worry about the shipping costs. I was ecstatic.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2009

We stayed two nights in August. The place seems to be fairly new. It is very well maintained, the room was light and airy, it had a microwave as well as a fridge.
The free breakfast was good, lots to choose from its just a shame that you have to eat off paper plates with plastic cutlery.
There was a good sized fun pool for the family. The freeway was only minutes away and the hotel was very easy to find. Couldn't really fault the palce.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2009

Staff friendly and helpful. This place really needs good house keeping go- over! I had to clean things so I felt comfortable. I could smell smoke and prefume on the sheets and pillows cases. I will not go back!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business