“I'll go back again”

Price range: US$15 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Now open in Green Bay, a fine casual restaurant and wine bar. Regional food with a modern twist sure to please every palate. Or you can just drink the wine and enjoy the marvelous view from the Niagara Escarpment overlooking the bay of Green Bay.
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“I'll go back again”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

In all fairness to Syrah, my wife and I dropped in only to enjoy some wine and an appetizer before heading to another restaurant for dinner. Do they have a great wine selection, even wine flights? Yes, but probably too many by the glass (25) to not have much of it go bad. Do they have a bar to sit at to enjoy the wine? Yes, but that's where the semblance to a "wine bar" ends. We did order some crab cakes which were small but tasty. Service at the bar was excellent (the owner?) The restaurant is wide open but quiet and there's not much in the way of ambiance. The menu looks creative and for that reason alone I'll go back but will lower my expectations on the atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank mywinetutor

Green Bay, WI
“Restaurant with a view”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Green Bay lacks restaurants with a view and finally we have one, Syrah. Menu had a good variety of selections. Food was outstanding and fairly priced for the quality. My apple crisp made with bacon was overly crisp and far too sweet for my taste. Others in our party were very satisfied with their desserts.

Beautiful view is over the bay after which Green Bay is named. Sunsets are spectacular.

My only other quibble is the abundance of hard surfaces which reflect sound and spoiled the ambiance. Not as loud as many restaurants but with some sound absorbing surfaces and perhaps some soft music, Syrah's could be a class apart.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank TheOldGardener75
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Fantastic food with wonderful fresh ingredients, excellent wine list, and tasteful decor! A highlight was our visit with the owner!

Visited September 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Pleasant surprise..”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Thanks to this restaurant participating in Groupon, I finally took the opportunity to visit & had a great evening - good wine, great cheese plate that came with the coupon, and then as I'm sure it was hoped for, we proceeded to order some more appetizers and even shared a great gourmet burger. And yes, had some more wine. So it was a win-win for them, and for myself, my husband & a friend who we invited along. Waiter was very helpful and friendly, food was excellent and loved the view of the bay from the bay window. Waiter always informed of some upcoming events, as well as Wed wine night so I seriously hope to return. It was semi-cloudy evening, but I did notice they had some adirondack chairs in the back & not sure, but that would be a great spot for a glass of wine and a view of the sunset. Thanks Syrah staff!

• Visited September 2013
Green Bay
“Great Food Overlooking the Bay”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Delicious meal. Very flavorful. Fresh ingredients enhance the taste. Nice view of the bay in the distance. Good wine selection.
Impeccable service. You know the butter is fresh because you get to (have to) make it at your table (only tales about 2 minutes of shaking - it's fun). Although you'll be asked for your choice of flavoring for the butter (cinnamon, garlic herb, etc.), I recommend getting it unflavored (natural), so you can appreciate the fresh butter tast on your freah bread. Mmmm.

• Visited July 2013