“It is what it is!”
Review of Motel 6 Green Bay

Motel 6 Green Bay
Ranked #36 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Me and my boyfriend traveled 6 hours away and stayed here this past weekend for the Packer/Viking game. Because of the expensive tickets, we planned on not paying much for a hotel and we chose this one. Ended up being about 120 dollars a night, yikes! Fourtunately I read the reviews before checking in and planned accordingly. They advertise themselves as a "no frills" motel, and they are right. There was no clock radio and no coffee maker so we brought our own. (Which really wasn't a huge deal to me). Also, took another person's advice and brought our own bedsheets and comforter, which was really nice since the sheets and comforter that was on there looked pretty worn. The queen room is very small, but we didn't need much, being just the 2 of us. We were just happy to stay about 2 miles from Lambeau Field and able to walk to and from the game! Didn't talk much with the staff but they were friendly enough when we did.

All in all, a hot shower and a warm room after a day walking around in the cold was great! If you want to stay in a nice hotel on gameday weekend, prepare to pay about 250 a night like our friends did! No thanks!

Room Tip: Stayed on the bottom level and if someone was taking a shower upstairs, it was very loud
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristen L

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We came into town late without reservations and stayed here because it was the first hotel we ran across, a recognizable brand, and the price was decent (just over $50 for 2 adults with tax).

Once we checked in we noticed all the people loitering around outside on the grounds of the hotel late into the night. It gave the place a very seedy vibe.

And it didn't get better when we got to the room. The night stand was very obviously broken... we didn't want to put anything on it for fear it would break the rest of the way and be blamed on us. The beds were predictably bad. There was no mini-fridge. The wifi was not included. They want $3.15 extra per device for that when almost every other place in the budget bracket includes it in the price.

Then when I went to check out the deadbolt lock engaged on the door and would not close... and could not be disengaged... the knob did nothing. I don't think it worked to lock the door the night before, either. It's just a good thing that didn't break in the "locked" position while we were inside the room and the door was closed or I guess we would have had to climb out through the window.

In the process of abandoning the terrible room I left behind an inexpensive item... I called a few hours later and asked if they could look for it. I was told they would check and call me back later. I never received a call back. So I called a few hours later and someone different answered the phone who said they didn't know what I was talking about and that housekeeping went home already anyway so they couldn't help me. I called for a third time the next day and they were equally unhelpful. I guess housekeeping wanted it and kept it...it didn't just vanish into thin air. And this was nothing valuable (maybe worth $20). Imagine how quickly something valuable would disappear.

Overall this is a terrible property and you are better off taking your chances with a no-name motel or spending a bit more. I would pick a different part of town as well considering the people loitering around this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MNGreg
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at this motel for a Green Bay Packers event and I had checked the reviews before I went but I am surprised no one said REMEMBER YOUR HAIRDRYER!
The motel for the most part was fine - it was a great price for just sleeping as many hotels are overpriced due to being in Green Bay so we were happy with what we got for the price. There was some noise outside the rooms late at night but it was quickly taken care of by staff. Staff was curtious and got us into our room as quickly as they could. The shower was sort of small but it was newer and clean.
Only complaint would be that all of the outlets had very loose plug ins, not just in our room either, it was the same in our friends rooms as well -- I would be worried this might some day be a fire hazard? Hoping that they have inspections often to prevent something like this?
Kids stay free and you can't beat the price but REMEMBER YOUR HAIRDRYER :)

Room Tip: Check in as soon as you can to get a good room. Staff was very helpful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jcd1126
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Green Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear jcd1126 - Thank you for taking the time to write your review; we are glad to hear that you received good service from our team during your stay. We apologize for the maintenance issue you encountered with the electrical plugs. Regarding amenities (hairdryer), as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value and comfort for the lowest price of any national chain. We do, however, have hairdryers that you can borrow from the front desk during your next stay. Thanks again for sharing your feedback; we will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

I will agree with most of the previous reviews, this motel 6 is very old but the rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly.
They have had their problems in the past but have made alot of changes in the past few years to better the stay experience of ALL their guest.
They have recently come under new management and are continuing to work on updated and upgrading the whole properly.
Please don't judge every book by its cover or what others say everyone has very different opinions about everything.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank slmorgan
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed at this Motel 6 on two separate occasions. Once in 2010 to visit the Packers hall of fame and 2012 to go to a Packers game. When we stayed in 2010 we were being cheap. There were a bunch of teenagers hanging out and they were up until daylight. I think I even heard a fight outside. The first room they gave us was not cleaned and looked like someone else was actually staying there. They gave us a new room no problem.They give you only one full size towel to use in the morning. The tv looked like it had a crack pipe burn on the top.
The second time we stayed we had no other choice. If it ever happened again I would rather drive outside of Green Bay or home then stay there again. The bed seemed worse than the last time I stayed. I slept with my clothes on because I was afraid of what might be lurking in the bed. The tv was missing all of its buttons and the curtain had tiny holes in it. We were supposed to get a discount on the room but no one could figure out how to to this. The room was over priced because of the Packer game but I would rather sleep in the car.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crazybluegirl2001
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This hotel is one of the dirtiest and most out of date facilities I have ever encountered. Rooms are outdated, dirty, and extremely small. Do not waste your time or money by staying here. You have been warned!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank kd11mvp
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I've stayed in many motel 6's in my traveling life time... hey, they are pet friendly. BUT THIS IS THE WORST, MOST DISGUSTING, MOST CREEPY AND GROSS MOTEL 6 of all the nation, as far as I'm concerned.

Do not stay here. If it wasn't a last resort, we would have left. I didn't even want to touch the floor. I wore shoes the whole time. I always carry an extra set of bed sheets when traveling to cover up the hotel bed sheets if need be. I THREW my own sheets away after using them at this dump. I had to make a stop at KMart to replace them. I used the plastic bag that covers up the drinking cups on my hands like gloves in order to avoid touching anything and everything.

Do not, do not, do not stay here.

Room Tip: If our room was any indication of the rest, none of the rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple