“Can Always Count on the Grapevine for a Great Meal!”
Review of Grapevine Cafe

Grapevine Cafe
Ranked #15 of 474 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Wonderful quality, great tasting food here at the Grapevine! Just wish the service was a little more polished... our waitress delivered entrees and appetizers at the same time! Then found that she was about to end her shift and wanted us to close our bill so she could get her tip! Otherwise it has always been a really good experience at the Grapevine Cafe...

There are newer reviews for Grapevine Cafe

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've been here 2 or 3 times over the past... 5 ... or so years. I've enjoyed it-although this past time, it was quite crowded and quite noisy. The glass tabletops seem to contribute greatly to the din. The food was good- not great. My companion was not very happy with her food.

1  Thank goldpedler
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great food - poor service. Too bad, too, because the menu is great and the ambiance is fantastic!

We experienced Grapevine at dinner. The food was outstanding!!!! I had a tasty Bruschetta burger with some delicious kettle cooked potato chips, the other diner at my table raved about the strawberry salad she ordered. The menu is wonderful and we can't wait to go back and try different items next time.

The service? In my world, an epic fail. Then again, I'm a former waitress, so maybe I notice things that should/shouldn't happen.

First, the server didn't greet us or bring us glasses of water for a solid 5 minutes (longer?) after we arrived; we had already combed the menu several times and had decided what to order.

Had the waitress suggested a drink (the drink menu had some neat stuff) I promise I would have ordered one. She didn't, so I didn't order one. [Dear Management: I know that suggestive selling is a pain and I hated it, myself, but seriously: it's done for a reason.]

Then the server brought us our food. Only, it wasn't our food; it was the table down from us.

Quite a while later (in a relatively empty restaurant) we did get our food. And the server disappeared again for a long time before she checked back (we were half way through our meals). Not a big deal because we didn't need anything, but had we needed something, I would have been livid.

Then, because we had only eaten half of our meals, the waitress brought us some take-home boxes and our check. How nice - we didn't even have to ask for either!

We only ate half of our meals because while waiting to be seated, we salivated at the case filled with lovely looking desserts near the hostess stand, discussing what we were planning to order for dessert.

It wasn't that the waitress didn't offer dessert, it was that she didn't even give us the option. So we paid, left, and went somewhere else, where we enjoyed a drink and dessert. (True story.)

We'll go back - for breakfast. Probably not for dinner, though.

1  Thank rhetorical_meow
Reviewed 1 May 2014

A darling little restaurant in Green Bay. Great place to go for breakfast, lunch, and they do have a limited dinner menu. Great selection of Wraps, Hamburgers, and sandwiches. Love the Chicken Dumpling soup, and the dessert tray will knock your socks off. I never seem to have room for the dessert. It is attached to a great shop called Homestead Decor. You have one stop food and shopping at your leisure. Great atmosphere, good food, and excellent service. Enjoy a glass of wine with your meal.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We ate at the Grapevine Cafe while staying in Green Bay. We highly recommend it. I had the Seafood Benedict (blue crab and shrimp instead of ham). Son had french toast. Service and value was great. Only complaint, due to our own timing, is they did not open until 8am.