“Average-Could use more training”

Quality Inn Stadium Area
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Neguanee, Michigan
“Average-Could use more training”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We used to stay here when this was the Days Inn, and I will say that the rooms are much cleaner now! The girl(Maritza?) that checked me in and out could use some more training. It took her a long time. and she seemed not sure of what she was doing. She also gave me my keys and said "You are in room 128" Not very secure to say someone's room # out loud! I had a second room for my inlaws and she didn't know how to change the payment to thier cc. The same girl was working when I went to check out and told me I was all set, I asked if I could get a receipt and she said, "I didn't know you wanted one" She then got me my receipt and said, "Here ya go" and that was it. Not very good customer service skills. A How was your stay?, Thank you for staying, or Have a good day, would be great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
QualityInnLambeau, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stadium Area, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
We are glad that you find our rooms much cleaner after renovation. I sincerely apologize that the staff did not make your stay as comfortable as they should have. Guest security is, in fact, our priority and room numbers should not be read aloud. We will be sure to correct this issue, as it is important to us. We do hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Not a bad place to stay for a groups of guys attending a Packer game, clean, sparse no frills. Great location. No need for designated driver as everything within walking distance. However, the hotel check out staff (very overweight woman) rude and unhelpful and smokers at every entrance put a pall over the experience. Game weekend pricing also a reflection of demand and not service/amenities provided. I don't think the Quality inn is trying to earn anyone's business, at least during home games. Next time/game I would try to stay at a different hotel near Lambeau even if cost more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QualityInnLambeau, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stadium Area, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
On behalf of myself as well as the staff, I would like to apologize for your negative experience. We truly try our best to make our guests satisfied and comfortable while staying with us. However, we are sorry that we seemed to have failed with you. Being that we are a non-smoking facility, we cannot control where guests smoke outside (as long as they are outside). I will bring this forth to management to see about distance regulations from the hotel. We hope you reconsider and give us another chance. We really would enjoy having you and your group back soon!

Travellers are raving about these Green Bay hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I booked this room three days before our stay for a Packers game. The location was perfect. Park your car and you won't need it until you leave.
Cathy was an excellent help upon our check-in. Very fast, very friendly. She even happened to be working when we left, and was sure to thank us for staying.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
QualityInnLambeau, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stadium Area, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very glad that the staff made your stay both comfortable and satisfying. We truly hope you choose us during your next visit to Green Bay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was my wife's and I annual golf vacation. We picked this hotel because of the closeness to restuarants, Lambeau Field, night spots, and there was no Packer game this week (bye week). Also, we are Choice Hotel members, and we recieved a 30% discount for 2 nights and we used some of our points for a free night.
Check in was a breeze. Casey did a outstanding job, very personalble and friendly. Since our last night was our free night, I did find out that I would have to check out and then check back in. Also, she configured our room key card, so that it would work all 3 days.
The room was a little on the smallish side. That is probably because this place was built back in the 60's. Inside, you will find (king room), king size bed (very comfortable mattress), chair with footstool, dresser, flat-screen tv, refrigerator (brand new & no freeze section), microwave, in-wall a/c (brand new), just to name a few. As I mentioned, most of the appliances were new, so I am guessing that we had one of the updated rooms, since this hotel just change owners and name. I did ask why the refrigerator did not have a freezer section (to keep our freeze packs frozen), and was told they were going to look into this. The king bed did have 6 smallish pillows, but no problem, we did bring our own. The bathroom looked like it was also updated, a new countertop, and what looked like a new inlay in the shower/bath tub. The water pressure was adequate and there was plenty of hot water.
The pool area consisted of a hot tub (about 12' x 5'), a salt water pool, foosball & pool table, a couple of video games, and some well use pool chairs/tables. The salt water pool was not salty at all. Supposed to be good for your skin.
As for breakfast, we were a little dissatisfied. It was the same all 3 mornings. The only hot items were sausages and waffles. Also available were juice, breads(wheat, white, bagels, english muffins), cereal, yogurt, eggs(hard boiled with shells on), coffee & creams, and fruit. Would have been nice to have some kind of hot eggs for one or two days.
Check out was also a breeze. The paper work for the 2 night stay and our free night was correct.
As for a couple of problems, nothing major. Our second night (Friday), a large group of people checked in (assuming for a wedding). At bar time (2AM), they decided to stand outside the lobby doors (our room was located by the entrance) and sing, out loud. After about 10 minutes, it took a call, to the front desk, to have this stopped. On our third night (our free night), our room was not made up, and no, we did not have any "do not disturb" sign on our door. I did go down to the front desk, and they did apologize, and did get us some new bath towels, etc.
If we need a hotel in the Green Bay area and the Packers are not playing, we will probably stay here again. Hopefully by then, the entire hotel will be updated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
QualityInnLambeau, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stadium Area, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am very glad that the staff made your stay both comfortable and satisfying. We really do appreciate the feedback you took the time to submit regarding our hotel. The issues that you brought forward are now at the attention management. Therefore, we will do what we can to better these issues.
On behalf of myself as well as the staff, I sincerely apologize for the loud group outside your window. We will be sure that our staff is not only focused on internal noise, but external as well. We hope that our renovations are complete during your next stay and we cannot wait to see you again very soon!
cleveland
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Perhaps I should have known better with a motel this close to Lambeau Field but it is the first time ever being in what I would call a "Sports Motel". This is because the rooms are stripped of everything but the bare essentials: no lamp on the computer desk, only one chair, no mirror in the room, only one light in room--between beds--, only one place to put luggage, all pictures stripped from walls--leaving unpatched holes. Guess those fans can do a number on a motel room. There was a microwave and refrigerator--both worked.Also, the doors have old style pneumatic closers, most of which were improperly calibrated so all night as people came and went, the doors banged up and down the hall. (door closers reported to staff; hopefully recalibrated by now)
On the plus side, the staff were as friendly as could be and had excellent recommendations for dining out and even obtaining items missing from the room.
Bathroom was recently remodeled and certainly up to Choice Hotel standards so no problem there. However, one bath towel smelled burned so must have gotten into a batch of overheated towels in the dryer.
Breakfast was minimal: bread assortment, waffle maker, link sausage--no eggs, cereal with skim milk, yogurt, coffee, apples/oranges, excellent orange juice.
Power went off during breakfast--everything in the room died so tells me all that electrical equipment was on one breaker. Has to be against code.
Had I known going in a Sports Motel is what to expect, I would have definitely chosen another motel. Don't get me wrong; the facitily has been maintained but just too noisy and too bare a room for what I've come to expect in a Quality Inn.

Room Tip: If not busy, ask to be put in a wing with no other people. Seems Green Bay people party hard and lo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
QualityInnLambeau, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stadium Area, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
We appreciate your comments. I will be sure that the entire staff is aware of your thorough feedback. We are in the process of remodeling at the moment, so things seem a little bare for now. We are definitely glad that our staff assisted you with their utmost ability. We truly care about the comfort and satisfaction of our guests! The maintenance staff has been informed about the door closers and the housekeeping staff has been notified about the burnt towel smell. Thus, we would have been happy to move you to a different room or given fresh towels, if needed/requested. Your feedback will definitely assist us with satisfying future guests. We truly hope that you reconsider staying with us and we see you again, soon!
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The reviews for this property seem a mixed bag. Look if you go expecting a Fairmont or Hilton, sure you'll be disappointed. But for a weekend stay for a football game this place was great. The location is excellent as its walking distance to bars, restaurants and Lambeau Field. The staff was friendly and the rooms are clean. In todays world where you have much access to information on hotels you should have a good idea of what to expect, which is why some of the reviews baffle me. I've stayed at both ends of the spectrum, but as far as what we needed this hotel met our needs. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
QualityInnLambeau, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stadium Area, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for your extremely kind comment. We strive to make sure that everyone has a comfortable and satisfactory stay at our facility and we are proud that we did just that with you. I will be sure to relay your wonderful comments onto the staff, for they strive from feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future!!
Wyoming, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful , that was the highlight. Does not give a good impression when the first thing you see , are , folks trying to get a refund . I fully realize that on a home game weekend , rates will be higher , but to pay what we paid , to get a tired worn out building was a huge disappointment. The pillows were terrible and you got woke up everytime the AC kicked on .
The location is great , but that was about it.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We apologize for your negative experience while staying with us. We will relay your issues regarding the AC to our maintenance staff so that they can look into and fix the problem. We are in the middle of renovating the hotel and we hope that in the future, you give us a second chance.