“Great location and Price”

Quality Inn Stadium Area
Ranked #35 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Really good price for hotel given its location. Rooms were pretty clean, bed was kind of hard though. No issues while we stayed here. Usually choose this hotel when staying by lambeau. Hotels right across the street are alot more and rooms are just as nice.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
QualityInnLambeau, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stadium Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly do appreciate the great comments you have left regarding our hotel. We definitely hope to see you next football season, as the hotel should be fully renovated at that time! See you again, soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was surprised to see that there was a room available at such a convenient location a day before gameday at Lambeau so I jumped at the opportunity, ignoring the $200 pricetag. What developed over my stay tells me why that may have been the case.

The hotel's website promises parking on premises, a full breakfast and free coffee, but the hotel falls far short of those promises and other simple expectations.

I arrived at the hotel to find there was no parking available. There would have been spots if there was any sort of management of the lot, but there were several cars taking up space equivalent to 2 spots. I parked in the load/unload spot to check in and upon asking where to park was told I would have to park across the street at a different hotel (their sister hotel) and to go in to that hotel and tell them I was staying across the street. When I did so, the desk clerk there told me she had 18 more people checking in and I would have to go a couple more blocks down the road to park. I refused, so she called my hotel to tell them that they shouldn't send anyone else over because they had 12 more people checking in. When I pointed out the inconsistency of her message, she suddenly found a spot for me - albeit across the street from the hotel where I paid significant money to stay, advertising free parking on premises.

After trudging through 2 snow-covered parking lots and across a street, I finally made it up to my room. I unpacked and laid down to relax only to find that the bed was more of a hammock. Some of the reviews of this hotel had mentioned their new beds, but I guess my room rate didn't include that sort of luxury. Adding to the displeasure was that the Stadium View Bar was directly across the street, giving me more noise than I had bargained for, later into the night and early morning.

After a rough night's sleep, waking up to a sore back, I made my way down to the "full breakfast" to find bread for toast, a couple english muffins, some undercooked breakfast sausages, some grossly overcooked hard boiled eggs (the egg whites under the shell were a dark brown in color and the yolks were a dark green and chalk-like) along with some yogurt, fruit and a waffle maker that was out of order. Also, the "free" coffee was gone as I got about 1/4 of a cup. After such a restless sleep, I really could have used some caffeine, too! We saw someone eating mini bagels so asked the woman cleaning up if they had any more, so she went and found a bag with a few more mini bagels in it, so at least we had that.

Those were the main issues I had during my stay. Also unimpressive were the layout of the bathroom, where I'd challenge anyone to slip a piece of paper between the front of the toilet and the open door when it swings by. The in-room refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot were off in the corner of the room stacked up like a college dorm room. We called down to the front desk looking for a late checkout time and were told that someone would get back to us. We never did hear back. As it turns out, though, we couldn't wait to get out of there when the time came anyway.

In the end, it's a convenient location, but the negatives outweighed the location significantly. This hotel does not have anywhere near the same level of quality that I've come to expect from Quality Inn name.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Craig D
QualityInnLambeau, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stadium Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

We sincerely apologize for the negative experience that you had while staying with us. Parking was somewhat chaotic with the overlap of both, departing and arriving guests on Sunday. We had a lot of guests who stayed in our parking lot after checking out, which is not permitted. Due to having such an issue this last game (this was our first time allowing people to stay nights that weren't strictly Saturday - Monday), we have come up with something more efficient. This has been brought to our attention by several guests and we are doing what we can to have the best action plan possible. I do apologize for the way the other hotel treated you when you were told you could park there. I will be sure they are aware of your concerns as well so this issue does not persist, especially onto other guests.
I also plan to notify our breakfast attendant about your concern of our breakfast. This is to make sure that they are restocking items when necessary and being sure things are cooked properly.
All rooms have new furniture in them. The bed may have seemed a bit hard, however, that is simply because it is new and has not been used by many. On behalf of myself as well as the staff, we hope you reconsider and give us another chance in the future. We really hope after renovations are fully complete, of which should be shortly after the football season, you will come check out the differences made.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

If you are going to a Packers game at Lambeau Field and lucky enough to secure a room here, you will be glad you stayed. By all means go for it, premium game weekend rate and property short comings notwithstanding. It's all about the location - one block walk from Lambeau and in the middle of the popular bar and restaurants on the east side of the stadium. The convenience of walking and parking there and not having to drive after the game are more than worth the game weekend premium rate and hotel shortcomings.

On any other dates, when the property competes as second tier budget fare, there are better choices in Green Bay. To be fair, there were some noticeable attempts at renovating, most notably newer firm and comfortable mattresses in our room. Flat panel TV's have made it here and there were random touches here and there - in our room a clearly newer light fixture provided great light in the bathroom otherwise in need of updating, but curiously the wall area around the new fixture was not repaired from the removal of the old fixture. Appreciated the bright lights and didn't care, but just sort of symbolic of the feel of the maintenance of this property that gets used very hard 10 weekends per year. Overall there is a worn and tired feeling throughout. There may be good intentions to spruce the place up but can't help but feel that the maintenance list grows faster than the resources available to keep up. Individual experiences will certainly vary and be uneven in a property like this.

Complimentary breakfast was below expectations for a budget chain and not well serviced. The breakfast is hosted in a separate smaller room off the lobby that is probably adequate most days, but not on game day weekends.

A word of caution on hotel parking for game day Sundays: If you are arriving on Sunday for the game and staying Sunday night like we did, parking was not available given the overlap of Saturday night check-outs not moving and Sunday night arrivals coming before the game. There was no parking available for us when we arrived, but the staff promptly created an acceptable solution. Allow extra time to sort out the parking if that is your itinerary.

I'll happily stay here again and pay the going rate on any game day and not complain. I'll stay elsewhere if not a game day and rooms are otherwise plentiful in Green Bay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
QualityInnLambeau, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stadium Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

We are glad that you appreciated the location of our hotel. Since this hotel received new ownership a few months back, there have been many things we were able to spruce up; however, with this occurring right before football season, this has prevented us from completing all the renovations planned. So as you can see, we are making as many improvements as we can, when we can. By next football season, we should have all renovations fully completed. We hope you come next year and check them out!!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We were coming in for the Packer game. I called ahead to make sure that 1) There would be a room available 2) we would be able to park 3) We could check in early before the game

Well here is how that went. We get to the lot and are at first told it is full. I see people cooking out, throwing footballs all the tailgating stuff. I said I was staying there but no none checked to see if I really was. I was told I could park by a big snow pile but as I went there I found a sliver of a space to park in As we parked another guy parked in front of me as there were no other spots.

when we went to check in no rooms were available to check in. It was 1pm and check in was 3pm. No big issue but I was told we could check in early. At 2:45 we came back in and were told Our room was ready. We were glad as the game started at 3:30 and we wanted to bundle up it was cold and snowy. To our surprise when we opened the door the room was not cleaned and the maid said she would get to it while we were at the game.

Then after the game we were told who we could order pizza from and who we couldn't.

Bad experience all in all

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We sincerely apologize for the negative experience that you had while staying with us. Parking was somewhat chaotic with the overlap of both, departing and arriving guests on Sunday. This also made it difficult to have rooms cleaned and ready for guests that requested to check in early (which a lot of guests requested). However, the room should not have been set as clean if it, in fact, was not clean. I will be sure this issue is brought to the attention of our housekeeping manager. We do hope you reconsider and give us another chance.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is a typical "older Quality Inn" The furniture needs to be pitched but the mattresses seem new. A little on the hard side but fine with me. Although it was older and tired out it was clean and the staff were nice and helpful. We stayed here for a night before a Packers game. It is very short walk to the stadium and 3 or 4 sports bars are next store and across the street. This is very important in 4 degree weather. Overall I would say if you are going to see a game and not looking for a Ritz then this is a good place. If you are there for another reason I would stay in a different area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
QualityInnLambeau, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stadium Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We truly appreciate the feedback that you provided. Our staff does everything and anything to ensure that your stay is satisfactory. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is not the first time we have stayed at your inn but we where disappointed this time. we brought a lap top with us and there was no desk to work on so we used the couch. The one time I went to use the microwave it did not work. The refrigerator froze any thing we put in it. The people working there were very friendly and nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
QualityInnLambeau, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stadium Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

I apologize for your most recent stay in our hotel. I will be sure that the management is aware of the desk issue. The maintenance staff is now aware of the issue regarding the refrigerators in the rooms. They plan to check and lower the temperatures in each room that requires doing so. The front desk staff would have been more than happy to send a maintenance guy to fix both the refrigerator and microwave immediately, if they were aware of it. We do hope you reconsider staying with us again in your future travels!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed to see a Packer game and of course the location is stellar to enjoy the experience. The staff is absolutely wonderful and goes above an beyond. The towels being to thin and small were an issue and the water pressure is not good at all. The fridge in the room froze all of our stuff and couldn't be adjusted. We would stay here again though.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you have large suitcases request to be on the bottom floor or plan to car...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback, as well as your positive comments about our staff. I do apologize for the fridge being set too high, I will notify maintenance that way they can check all of the settings on all rooms refrigerators. We will get this issue resolved. Additionally, I will be sure that housekeeping is aware of your issue regarding the towels. Thank you for still considering us. We do look forward to seeing you very soon!!