“Homey Italian-Style Meals”

Grazies Italian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Grazies Italian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 482 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I visited Grazies Italian Grill in Green Bay on her birthday. We were visiting Green Bay as tourists and the restaurant was convenient to our motel and their website and menu was enticing.

The parking lot was packed and we were expecting a substantial wait, but we were seated immediately and service remained fast and exemplary the entire evening. When our server came to the table I let her know that it was my wife's birthday, thinking that at the very least they might sing her some kind of dopey song and embarrass her a bit (you've gotta try, right?). Instead, the waitress asked to show my wife's ID to her manager to verify it was her birthday and a short time later came back and offered us $10 off our bill -- and we hadn't even ordered anything aside from drinks at that point! I was very impressed. Grazies is a reasonably priced family destination, so $10 off on a dinner for two is a substantial discount.

We began with an appetizer of their locally sourced and hand battered deep-fried cheese curds. They were fantastic! I have not had cheese curds that good outside of county fairs and June Dairy Month festivals.

For dinner, my wife ordered Grazies' Red Pepper Fettucini with grilled chicken. She really enjoyed the light and flavorful red pepper puree that served as a sauce. The half-sized portion was more than enough for her.

I ordered a full portion of the more decadent Baked Gnocchi. The sauce was rich and cheesy, and the bacon added the right amount of heartiness to the dish. The real star of the dish, though, was the gnocchi themselves. Most Italian restaurants seem to think that the doughier-the-better for their gnocchi, and I've enjoyed various presentations of these hearty pasta dumplings over the years. But never have I had them elevated to the level that Grazies does. I never realized that gnocchi could be so… light. So airy. Their texture was positively silky without being mushy or doughy. You could taste the potato without forgetting you were eating pasta. I would run over a nun to have that gnocchi again! If I had any complaint, it would be the sour cream blobbed on top of the dish. It was decadent enough without it.

We were pleased with everything from the salads to the desserts, and especially with our attentive and considerate waitress. Would I eat there again? Try and stop me!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

When first entering the Grill it was very pleasant, always like a restaurant that has clean door handles. The greeter was very pleasant as well as all the servers, cooks, helpers. The atmosphere was awesome. The menu was very diverse, kinds expensive but we were looking for good pizza and that is what we found. We were seated quickly and given spiced oil and bread, always a great start as far as I am concerned. We were promptly waited on, a good thing. We just had to have pizza cause the smells were just to good. YUM, YUM, YUM, YUM..... Was the pizza good~~we gave it the YUM which means it was one of the best!!!!! You must stop if you are in the area.

1  Thank mysticgypsy
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The first meal we ordered was SUPER salty! We sent it back and they brought us out a new dish. That was much better and didn't burn our tongues. They were extremely busy and we had to wait for a table, but I think it was worth it! The food was delicious. Salad was nice and fresh!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We went to this restaurant because our hotel had given us a discount coupon. We asked for a table and were told that there was a 20-25 minute wait, even though there were four or five tables that looked to be open. They made up for in by seating us within about five minutes.

Alex was our server that night and he was very nice and accomodating. He recommended the Seafood Cannelloni and it was excellent! My wife had the McCormick and Cheese pasta-filled bread bowl (essentially mac-n-cheese in a pizza-crusty type of bread bowl). She wasn't overly impressed with it, but I took a bite or two and it was good to me. Very generous helpings of everything.

If we're ever in town again, we'd go back to sample the other offerings!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I guess I had a bad night compared to the others I would only rate them average. My wife a panini which cane out very dry and over cooked and I had the gnocchi which was listed as one of the favorites mine was good but when you use cheddar as the main cheese it becomes more regional than Italian. In all fairness the staff was great and didnt charge me for the sandwich it was just a little disappointing after reading the reviews it was more like a average chain restaurant.