“Worst hotel experience ever”

St. Brendan's Irish Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Green Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 March 2014

After a horrible meal in the restaurant we retired to our room for the night. Disappointing accommodations to start, certainly no better than a three rating never mind the five they give themselves. We were awakened several times by awful loud vibrations followed by hammering. As the frequency increased I contacted the desk and was informed they were doing remodeling in the kitchen which would continue thru most of the night. I was never given any kind of warning at the desk during check in that this was happening. After the bartender (no front desk personnel still on duty at 10pm) informed me that I should expect noise all night I had to pack up and leave. If you are considering a stay in Green Bay you may want to bring a tent before considering staying at St. Brendan's

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms over kitchen or bar.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I celebrated by birthday staying at the Inn for the first time and it was a great choice!! Hotel rooms are very cozy and quiet. The bar is a great place to relax and enjoy an authentic Irish beer. Very charming, good service, great location.... You will enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Ok, so maybe it's a hotel with cozy rooms and an authentic Irish Pub on the main floor. Being from Pittsburgh and visiting Green Bay for a recent football game, I was very excited to have the chance to stay at this upscale establishment. The hotel staff were very friendly, room rates were very reasonable, and the accommodations were more than adequate. The bar was stocked with plenty of whiskey of all varieties, and the food was excellent and reasonably priced. I'm not a Bloody Mary drinker, but they looked incredible. We were able to walk up two steps at the end of our fun evenings and go to bed. What more could you want when it's snowing buckets outside? I have stayed many places all over the US and Europe, I will definitely stay here again if given the chance.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have stayed here at St. Brendans inn twice now. Once in august for our anniversary and again in september for one night. We also have a room booked this december. This is such a charming place, the staff, the restaurant, bartender, the rooms are fabulous. The rooms our nice size and so romantic, big bed, jaccuzzi tub, big rain shower, just so charming and romantic. The whole building is so nice and charming with a lot of history. They offer a nice breakfast in the morning as well. At check in they give you tickets for captain walk winery for wine tasting that I just love. I end up ordering wine and sitting outside on the front porch not to mention buying a few bottles to take home. The St. brendans inn is in a good location as well. Lot's of restaurants around but our favorite is the one in the hotel. If you get a chance stay here for sure while in green bay what a great find.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

I visited Green Bay for the first time. My colleague made a reservation for this hotel.
It was a family-like hotel and I could relax after work. Breakfast and internet access were free. You can enjoy the Irish beer at the restaurant. I am sure you can stay there at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The food is wonderful and the staff are so friendly we could pretend we were back in Ireland! We were there for the Gaelic Storm show and had the best time....again! I'm still dreamin about the lamb shank...YUM!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the St. Brendan's in early August for the second time and was just as pleased as the first time I stayed last year! This hotel is very consistent with their cleanliness, quality and service. I received the Pure Romance package (look for their specials on the hotel's website) and for $114/night I received a King room with a bottle of champagne or Syrah as well as two caramel truffles! The room also had a large jacuzzi tub as well as an open rain shower. The hotel is right on the bus line, and free buses run to Lambeau on game days. The continental breakfast in the morning didn't disappoint. They had made-to-order omelettes as well as coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, toast, cereal and fresh fruit. The location is great on the river, and is close enough to walk to bars or restaurants at night while still feeling safe. See you again next year, St. Brendan! This hotel is the best-kept secret in Green Bay.

• Stayed: August 2013