“Very good option for east side dining”

Mackinaw's Grill & Spirits
Ranked #8 of 479 Restaurants in Green Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

There are generally fewer restaurants east of I-43 in Green Bay. Mackinaws is a good choice for family or couples dining with a full menu, nicely done bar area, and consistent quality of food from steak (which is what we had this time) to fish, salads, sandwiches, etc. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. The parking lot can get a little full, so often people are parked on the street on the weekend nights.

kevin q, Owner at Mackinaw's Grill & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! You are right, the east side can be a little more scarce for restaurants and we appreciate you coming to see us! We try to be available for groups of any size, whether you're on a date or have a family gathering. Consistency is a quality we definitely strive for and thank you for recognizing our efforts :) Parking can be a little tricky so we recommend making a reservation for the weekends! Next time you're in, ask for Kevin. I would love to meet you and thank you in person!

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were spending the weekend in Green Bay and Mackinaw's was just down the road from out hotel. I order the Mackinaw's burger, and it was delicious. Cooked to perfection and the toasted bun was excellent. My boyfriend order the special of the night, the Lake Perch. Again, another delicious meal. I am not a big fan of fish and I even thought that the perch was good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in Green Bay. Great atmosphere, fine wait staff, and delicious food and drinks!

1  Thank Jacob K

Thank you so much for giving us a try! So happy you had a great first experience! The Great Lakes Perch is definitely a top seller and I'm glad you tried it even if you're not a fish lover. And very glad to hear your burger was cooked to your liking. We think our kitchen does a great job, even on high traffic nights! If you are ever in the area again and stop in, ask for Kevin. I would love to talk to you in person about your experience. Thanks again, cheers!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

If someone coming to green bay asked me where to eat i would have to vote for mackinaws. It is special in that it was designed by a local family and it is beautiful; '

The food is outstanding

kevin q, Owner at Mackinaw's Grill & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated! Attracting new customers can be difficult but word of mouth is definitely a powerful tool. Our family ties to this building run very deep, from the wood used to construct Mackinaws (harvested from my Grandfather's tree farm), vintage ski equipment and photos, etc. We are also in the process of redecorating the interior so customer approval is great to hear. As you can tell, family is a recurring theme at Mackinaws, and from our family to yours, thank you again for the review! Next time you're in, ask for Kevin, would love to introduce myself!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I tried Mackinaw's this weekend. He ordered the Buffalo Burger and I got the Tuscany Sandwich. Both were very large portions but also very good!! I loved the dressing on the tuscany I would definitely order it again!! Menu had a large selection and the decor was tasteful! I wasn't a huge fan of the fries they didn't taste freshly cut. Our food arrived within 15 minutes and our waitress was very friendly.

Thank you so much for the review! Our Buffalo Burger is definitely one of our most popular-selling items... if your husband is adventurous we also have a dinner feature on Saturday's that is BBQ Buffalo Ribs and BBQ Chicken with 2 sides for $18.99. And yes, I definitely agree with your choice of the Tuscany. The tomato aioli is a favorite here.. I occasionally find staff members dipping their fries in the aioli. Sorry your French fries weren't up to par, I would like the opportunity to show you otherwise. Next time you're in ask to speak with Kevin, would love to talk about your experience. Thanks again!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stopped in for lunch in the middle of doing some errands with the wife.... Initially planned to order a burger or salad, but the special caught our attention... BBQ beef brisket sandwich with fries, chips or slaw. My wife is not a huge fan of BBQ but it sounded great and the waitress said other people that ordered it were making good comments. We both gave it a try... GREAT decision!! It was a good sized sandwich and cooked to perfection. My wife said it was the best meal she has had in months. High praise....;-))) We suggested they add this special to the regular menu... A definite winner..;-)))

kevin q, Owner at Mackinaw's Grill & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Jeff--
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit our restaurant. We try to keep a good variety in our lunch features and glad to hear you enjoyed the BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwich. We had a really great response to that lunch feature and will definitely be seeing it again in the near future. And PS: your suggestion has been noted :)