“How many "excellents" are we allowed?”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Green Bay East
Ranked #33 of 42 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 30 October 2010

How may "excellents" can we use in a review? Well, we hope many for this hotel.

Rooms, pools and spa, breakfast, friendly staff, cleanliness etc You sort of got the impression we were impressed? Two minor criticisms, otherwise we would have given 5 /5 for the rooms: older TV needs updating and limited hanging space. Our biggest gripe: we were here only one night!

We also have to give a big plug for Rosati's Pizza, less than two miles away to the East. Great night, friendly staff and host and a well-stocked bar (Aussies love that!)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank L&M_from_Oz

Reviewed 19 October 2010

I was very pleased with this hotel on the East side of Green Bay just off of I-43. I was shocked when I opened the door to my room to find how large it was - with a separate sitting room, wet bar area, and bedroom with its own door. The sitting room was furnished a little cheaply, but the granite in the wet bar area, fridge, and microwave made up for it! I also appreciated how the staff was willing to go the extra mile to help me out in the morning when the in-room hairdryer broke before my business meeting.
I found this property to be as nice as others in the area that charge a much larger price, and I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank wisnjc
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Perfect place to stay with kids. They will enjoy the swimming pool. Excellent hot breakfast with fresh pancakes made by yourself. Clean and quiet. Conveniently located near highway.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Valya1953
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was good, with lots of variety.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 6 August 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at Country Inn & Suites Green Bay East. Nothing could please me more than knowing you had an enjoyable experience at our property. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Kay Wright

Reviewed 25 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel for four days in mid-July. We also stayed here four years ago, and I think it's gotten even better. The staff is always extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast is plentiful and appetizing. The young lady who oversees the breakfast area is constantly cleaning, refilling items, and even though she is very busy, she still greets you with a smile and a "Good Morning". There are always individually wrapped fresh cookies at the front desk and if there aren't, just ask and they'll make some. I am very picky when it comes to hotel and room cleanliness and this hotel met all my expectations. The pool is large compared to other hotel pools and it included a children's play area with pool toys. There is also a basketball hoop in the pool area. The hotel is located in a quiet, safe area away from the busier areas of town. The only complaint I have, and it's a minor one, is that we belong to the hotel's reward program and when we requested a room upgrade the young man checking us in told us they were too busy to honor our request. We found this quite interesting because we noticed several of the upgraded room types were unoccupied during our stay. We will definitely return to this hotel on our next trip to Green Bay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank RoadTrip4
Management response:Responded 6 August 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Country Inn & Suites Green Bay East, I will be sure to pass them along to my staff. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to upgrade you during your stay. I am, however, extremely pleased to see you had an overall great experience. We appreciate your continued business and look forward to seeing you when you are back in the area!

Kay Wright

Reviewed 29 June 2010

A large group of us were in town for a baseball tournament. (11 families). I worked with them to reserve a block of rooms and they made it very easy. The location was perfect; close to the baseball field we needed, restuarants, shopping and other activities. Clean, newer hotel with a great breakfast...huge selection of food. The pool area was clean, the staff was friendly, the rooms and overall hotel was clean as well. The only negative I can think of is the "sofa sleeper" that supposedly sleeps two is really a "loveseat" with a twin mattress so it does not, in any way, sleep two. Realistically, just one child.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I was so pleased with our stay. We were with a large group visiting the city for a dance competition. It was the fastest check-in that I've ever had. Staff was super polite and very helpful. Weekend breakfast normally starts at 7am. Many of our dancers needed to leave the hotel before that for the competition. The hotel was kind enough to start breakfast early so that our kids could eat before going. That really helped a lot. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010