“Great vegetarian coffee shop”

Kavarna Coffeehouse
Ranked #25 of 490 Restaurants in Green Bay
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Kavarna Coffeehouse is a cafe in Green Bay's Broadway District. We offer a mix of sandwiches, pitas, wraps and salads--using many local ingredients when the seasons cooperate. We have an espresso bar, house made bakery, and a lot of space to get things done--the New York Times even called us "cavernous" once.
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff. Especially since I had no idea what to order! Helped explain the things I was looking at which is a big plus for me! The food was amazing. I love, love, love their peanut butter and honey pita. Amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to others!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Agree with another reviewer that the staff is typically unfriendly. Today, I asked the girl at the register what kind of scones they had, she gave me a blank look and said, "it's written on the glass". I said, excuse me, she said again, "It's on the glass." I really couldn't believe it. I did not have my glasses with me and finally got her to tell me what they had. After she rung up my order, she looked right past me to the next person in line and said to them, "May I help you?, as if I was no longer there. No "thank-you", nothing.
I've been there several times, and regardless of who is serving me, it's the same thing; no smile, very little warmth if any. No idea why people tolerate the stuffiness of this place. I will never go back.

While I do not like Starbucks new pastry, their lattes are far better and their customer service is excellent - every single time.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

It's a good place to get some food and coffee. Their portabella mushroom sandwich is something to try

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

This is the best coffee shop in Green Bay. I love the little kids area down below. I can sit and have coffee while my son plays and doesn't bother anyone.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

What a neat place! We ordered take out, but after waiting, we decided that this felt like a place to spend a little time and eat there. It was. Lots of vegan choices, friendly people, and a nice eclectic atmosphere. After lunch we headed up to the wine country (Door peninsula) and enjoyed the rest of our afternoon with a couple of fun tastings.