“From hot soups to inviting smiles...it's a warm place all around”
Review of Kavarna

Kavarna
Ranked #36 of 474 Restaurants in Green Bay
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Kavarna Coffeehouse is a cafe in Green Bay's Broadway District. We offer a mix of sandwiches, pitas, wraps and salads--using many local ingredients when the seasons cooperate. We have an espresso bar, a full time baker, and a lot of space to get things done--the New York Times called us, "cavernous," in their feature on 36 Hours in Green Bay.
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Kavarna is the kind of place you can go to by yourself and feel comfortable just sitting with a book or your laptop. Or you can go there with a group of people and meet in the back at a table, or just a couple in one of the couches in the upper level. I've done all of these things over the years, including when Kavarna was at their other location. I was recently at Kavarna for lunch with a couple of friends. I can't have gluten, so I was happy to see that there were several sweets that were gluten free. I had a bowl of a gypsy vegetable soup...I think that was a version of the name. It was fragrant as it was being brought to the table and was just wonderful. Anytime that I've been to Kavarna, I've always felt like I just wanted to relax and linger awhile longer.

There are newer reviews for Kavarna

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Mostly vegan menu and delicious deserts, and of course the coffee and espresso. Parisi's deli is being combined with Kavarna so now you can order a sandwich that is not vegan too.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff. Especially since I had no idea what to order! Helped explain the things I was looking at which is a big plus for me! The food was amazing. I love, love, love their peanut butter and honey pita. Amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to others!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Agree with another reviewer that the staff is typically unfriendly. Today, I asked the girl at the register what kind of scones they had, she gave me a blank look and said, "it's written on the glass". I said, excuse me, she said again, "It's on the glass." I really couldn't believe it. I did not have my glasses with me and finally got her to tell me what they had. After she rung up my order, she looked right past me to the next person in line and said to them, "May I help you?, as if I was no longer there. No "thank-you", nothing.
I've been there several times, and regardless of who is serving me, it's the same thing; no smile, very little warmth if any. No idea why people tolerate the stuffiness of this place. I will never go back.

While I do not like Starbucks new pastry, their lattes are far better and their customer service is excellent - every single time.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

It's a good place to get some food and coffee. Their portabella mushroom sandwich is something to try